3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anderby 03.11.21 08:54 pm

Game Impression (Metroid Dread)

3 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 03.11.21

Metroid Dread on NS. 100% - all items.

A direct sequel to the latest storyline Metroid 4 Fusion, released almost 19 years ago.
Gameplay is a sequel to Metroid: Samus Returns, from the same Mercury Steam. The developers apparently listened to the criticism and Dread became an order of magnitude more difficult, I have never died so often in any other game in the series, especially the bosses were successful. The radar for finding hidden blocks is not issued at the beginning, the map needs to be studied, many objects are hidden very deeply. The secrets associated with the speed booster are generally something on the verge of game mechanics, even on the GBA it was easier to perform these jumps. EMMIs bring variety to the usual formula, this is an enemy from which you can only run away, natural Dread. The only thing that upset me was the final boss, in order to win you don't have to inflict damage, but "call" cutscenes, followed by QTE, is very unintuitive and dreary.
The plot is good, fully develops the Fusion line, with a bonus explaining Metroid II (why there are only 40 metroids on the home planet of metroids) and Zero Mission (where the Chozo has a human child).

Probably the best 2D Metroid ever.
Spoiler

P
Psythra 09.11.21

The game passed on Yuzu is excellent, but for me personally it does not really differ except for the graphics from other editions. All the same classics, no more, no less. EMMi is the only innovation of the cat I did not like, because Metroid is not a stealth game in any way

r
rex81 20.01.23

The problem I have is
I can't seem to activate the phantom cloak ability, I press the R button and it just takes me to switch weapons that I can fire rockets from? I play on uuse on pc please help