3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
06.11.21 05:57 pm

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl - Technical Support

How is his performance?
53 Comments
Sort by:
P
Polk 06.11.21

I apologize, maybe someone has already written this, but I will write it again.
You can increase the performance of Stalker by 2 times. To do this, you need to start the game. Wait until Starforce finishes loading, and when the loading screen appears, remove the disc from the drive.
After that, Stalker can be played at almost maximum settings on weaker machines.

T
TommyGamer 06.11.21

who invented or suggested by himself?

C
Crimson moon 06.11.21

LOL!
And because of Starforce, drives break down, monitors die and miscarriages occur. Down with Starforce! :-D

I
IQ-156 06.11.21

[b] aladdin [/ b], the version of the game is patched ??????

C
Crimson moon 06.11.21

[b] IQ-156 [/ b], he wrote in the next topic [quote name = "aladdin"] and then put the 1.3 update and all the saves went off [/ quote] probably patched. :)

C
Crimson moon 06.11.21

[off] [quote name = "Polk"] I understand that down with Starforce, but what to do if it is in Stalker. Then install NO-DVD and play [/ quote]
I did so. In general, I hardly buy games. : wink:
And ... this ... if you didn't understand, I was joking there about Starforce ...: roll: [/ off]
[quote name = "Polk"] I read it in Mania. [/ quote]
In which issue ? Where exactly? I will never believe that they wrote THIS? If I find it in action, then that's it, I tie them to read. :?
For even discarding everything that we know about the work of Starforce, the fact that when you take out the disc, and then, during the game, Starforce does not scold for its absence, proves that at this moment it is completely inactive. : |

I
IQ-156 06.11.21

Another 4th patch has been released, it optimizes well, uses 2 cores - an increase in fps of 10-15%, + optimizes shaders, besides there are a number of changes in small tasks ... well, not bad ...

P
Polk 06.11.21

[b] Konrad [/ b], in general it was written in the Code, there was some guy who wrote Damn, it really helps.

A
Arkon 06.11.21

[b] Konrad [/ b], I don’t understand that you got mad at Starforce? It is quite possible that the game constantly turns to the disk for something, and when pulled out, it starts to take what it needs from the screw. And why do you think it's not true?
Here is the article itself:
Many (especially those with weak cars) suffer from constant brakes when playing Stalker. There is a very simple way to improve the performance of your game. We insert the disc into the drive, start the game and wait for the disc to be checked by Starforce. As soon as it is over (a splash picture appears on the desktop and the game starts loading), remove the disc from the drive. Do not ask us why (we ourselves are sitting guessing), but thanks to these manipulations, the performance of the game will noticeably increase, which will make it more or less comfortable to play it at maximum settings even for owners of not the strongest cars

C
Crimson moon 06.11.21

[quote name = "Arkon"] It is quite possible that the game constantly turns to the disk for something, and when pulled out, it starts to take what it needs from the screw. And why do you think that this is not true? [/ Quote]
Because in this case, the GSC programmers should kill the whole table. For putting on the screw content that is not used until you get the disc (which, in general, is not supposed to get, because of the same starforce), and even adding this brakes to your game - this is once @ * &! # @Stvo.

P
PCgamer! 06.11.21

how good it was that I played with iso shki: gigi:

but according to the subject, stalker optimizers need to be slapped on insolent red faces: fight:

T
TommyGamer 06.11.21

but I generally played the version where installation is not required: D

b
b4nd1t00 06.11.21

I'm playing schaz - while at the old conference. optimization to niche. grafon in places too. Most of all, scripting glitches (absolutely hellish) and shooting are enraging.