3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
aladdin 06.11.21 06:38 pm

Far cry instincts

Coming to PS2 this September.
I just don't understand - is this the same as just Far Cry for PC or a sequel? And then on PC I passed it a long time ago ...

[img] http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2005/100/920223_20050411_screen001.jpg [/ img]
64 Comments
Sort by:
R
RIPPER12 06.11.21

FARCRY INSTINCTS PASSED! : D
My rating is 9 out of 10

x
xaxatun 06.11.21

And how does it differ from the pc version?

R
RIPPER12 06.11.21

Another plot, different levels (although there are a couple of places with pc), different gameplay (when the main character becomes a mutant, he has chips: regeneration, night vision, increased jump range and movement speed, determining the location of the enemy by smell ... powerful punch, immediately kills any (except for "bosses") enemy), you can shoot with two hands (from light weapons), several new types of transport have appeared, now, driving any vehicle, the driver can use weapons (only pistols and light machine guns).

x
xaxatun 06.11.21

cool.

D
Daikatana 06.11.21

[quote] different gameplay (when the main character becomes a mutant, he has chips: regeneration, night vision, increased jump range and movement speed, determining the location of the enemy by smell ... a powerful punch, immediately kills anyone (except for "bosses" ) enemy), you can shoot with two hands (from light weapons) [/ quote]
Is this Area 51? : mrgreen:
By the way, it's not clear why it was turned off, PS2 would have pulled such graphics, most likely the developer / publisher was too lazy, or did not fit the timeline with optimization, and decided to refuse.

x
xaxatun 06.11.21

Daikatana I think I would have to cut everything out of the game, redo the levels, the kilzons were made for ps2, well, it chokes when there are a lot of people.

D
Daikatana 06.11.21

I don’t know, I’m not choking on anything, especially in Killson - the last scene when the entire Helghast Guard, about 30 people, runs out at you, there are no brakes. And I also remember Area 51 with all its special effects, and the graphics are not worse than in Far Krai Instincts, PS2 pulled it with a bang, without any hints of brakes, and with a large number of people.

L
Lucifer 06.11.21

This headlight edge is very reminiscent of the Cold Winter game for PS2 and the blood is the same and the effect of a headshot from a bullet with a glushak + physics of falling one to one! By the way, I advise everyone to Cold winter, an excellent shooter! By the way, it's not that PS2 is this headlight will not pull, it's just that it has long been clear to everyone that ebisoft has been sticking out under the macro since the time of Splinter Cell1! And in the graph I did not notice anything like that, everyone's hands are angular, and in general it is much simpler than the PC version, and PS2 can do everything, see Black

R
RIPPER12 06.11.21

Daikatana would not have pulled ps2 FCI in such a form as on Boxing. PS2 does NOT support such technologies (look at shadows and water)! And such opening of space, too, simply cannot pull, even theoretically. Imagine FCI on ps2: no dynamic lighting and no shadows, with blurry textures, with sloppy background, with opaque simple water, with loading (screen with Loading) every five meters, with clumsy animation ... with brakes at the end! That's why IT did not come out on PS2, many thanks to the developers!

B
BanGore 06.11.21

Generally made by the head of Eb * software. :? After all
, if FC went to ZY2 there would be no commercial success. Failed to say, because the market is
completely different and the audience is different
. :) So I'm glad that there won't be any FPSok on ZY2.

D
Daikatana 06.11.21

Again, the whole thing is in optimization, the shadows would pull, of course, water was made not with the help of shaders, but with the help of a hack, and about loading every five meters - it's ridiculous (the simplest LOD, as in all games that were optimized by hand), there is generally "a couple "texture is used throughout the game.

E
Enemy First 06.11.21

PS2 didn't just "wouldn't pull", it didn't "pull." Without "would".

R
RIPPER12 06.11.21

[Quote] shadows would pull [/ quote] THERE IS NO, even the simplest ones are unlikely, if only in circles ... In rooms, shadows and lighting are almost like in Doom 3!

[quote] there is generally a "couple" of textures used for the whole game [/ quote] of course ... with textures everything is in order, not Halo 2 of course, well, not Killzone with glitches ...

[size = 75] Added 01 Oct 2005, 14:28: [/ size]

[url = http: //www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/farcry/review.html] http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/farcry/review .html [/ url]

J
Jank 06.11.21

Who needs this Far Cry Instincts on PS2. A game of the level of the PC version of Far Cry. I played it once and forgot. She receives high marks only for technical performance, like Doom 3 at one time ...

W
Walton simons 06.11.21

[quote name = "Jank"] Who needs this Far Cry Instincts on PS2. A game like the PC version of Far Cry. I played it once and forgot. She receives high marks only for technical performance, like Doom 3 at one time ... [/ quote]
Yeah, where does he care about Killzone.:-D Even a local vote showed that Killzone is a masterpiece for all time, and Halo2 and others sucks. : crazy:

M
Molodnyak 06.11.21

[quote name = "Walton Simons"] [quote name = "Jank"] Who needs this Far Cry Instincts on PS2. A game like the PC version of Far Cry. I played it once and forgot. She receives high marks only for technical performance, like Doom 3 at one time ... [/ quote]
Yeah, where does he care about Killzone.:-D Even a local vote showed that Killzone is a masterpiece for all time, and Halo2 and others sucks. : crazy: [/ quote]
Here are just Killson's estimates do not say about it: mrgreen:

J
Jank 06.11.21

Walton Simons, hinting that I don't like Far Cry Instincts just because it came out on X-box? If so, you are wrong. Killzone did not "hook" me at all, and in Halo 1.2 I was amazed, oddly enough, only by the soundtrack ...

a
aladdin 06.11.21

Probably because on PC I have already passed Far Cry a long time ago - this is probably the reason why Instinct does not catch me on boxing ...

G
GenyA 06.11.21

Stopudovo Killzone does not pull the comparison with FC: I, as well as FCI with the original FC (the difference is in technology :)). Fuck the war to start again :)

As for the PS2 shadows, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with Ghosthunter (see the water there).

And I think ZY2 really will not pull out such a column. Caesar's Caesar.

We play wretched MGS3, Ghosthunter, GT4 and GoW ... and wait for FFXII, it seems 3d will be!
I'll go drink Yada and kill myself ... out of grief :)

W
Walton simons 06.11.21

[quote name = "GenyA"] Stopudovo Killzone does not match the game with FC: I, as well as FCI with the original FC (the difference is in technology :)). Fuck the war to start again :)

As for the PS2 shadows, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with Ghosthunter (see the water there).

And I think ZY2 really will not pull out such a column. Caesar's Caesar.

We play wretched MGS3, Ghosthunter, GT4 and GoW ... and wait for FFXII, it seems 3d will be!
I'll go drink Yada and kill myself ... with grief :) [/ quote]
Killzone definitely does not pull the game. : mrgreen: And FCI is quite. Ghosthunter watched. The lighting is really good there, but water, sorry: brash: