3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arkon 06.11.21 09:18 pm

Unreal 3

Well, I decided to hammer the topic.
Everything you learn about her here!
I know that there is an awesome graph here, I watched a video on gambling addiction or something else ...
26 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 06.11.21

I remember when the themes were created about Doom3, Half-life2, Far cry. The graphics seemed amazing. Now Unreal3 and the video made an awesome impression on me. I watched the one with E3. Physics is worse than halflife, lighting is better than duum's, detailing of monsters is at the level of Vulcan's demo. In a word, impressive. The gameplay, I hope, will be better than the second part.

Do they make the engine themselves? Both graphic and physical?

x
xtr 06.11.21

Physics Karma.

G
Grinder 06.11.21

Physics is not Karma. Physics from the Swiss company Novadex.
[quote] It may seem strange, but during the development process, Epic Games employees had to abandon their own physics engine Karma, the results of which we could see in UT 2003, UT 2004, Unreal 2: The Awakening, as well as in Rainbow Six: Raven Shield. The choice of the developers fell on the promising technology of the Swiss company Novadex. We will not compare this engine with the notorious Havok, which was used in Max Payne 2, Painkiller, Far Cry and will be used in Hal Life 2 until we see it in action.

Doubt that Epic made the right choice, we think, no one will. Among the features of the physics engine are:

* Physical system of solids with support for player interaction with objects;
* Ragdoll character animation;
* Complex vehicles;
* Disassembled objects;
* Detachable character models.

In addition, all rendered objects have a number of physical parameters. For example, friction. The UE3 physics engine will take this parameter into account much more scrupulously than Havok. This is the first reason why you had to abandon the Karma Engine - she never dreamed of such a thing.

And how do you like this statement: "Sound will also obey the laws of physics? .." So far, we ourselves can hardly imagine how this will be implemented. Most likely, the speed of sound will be taken into account. That is, if an explosion is heard at a great distance from the player, then it will be possible to hear it only after some time, after you see it.

Another interesting point is the PhAT tool. This utility built into the Unreal Editor will allow the player to change the properties of objects and check the results of changes in real time. Absolutely all parameters can be changed.

As for the animation, here too many pleasant surprises await us:

* All movements are "filmed" and converted using motion capture technology;
* Skeletal animation supports up to four bone effects per vertex;
* The number of bones per skeleton reaches 200 pieces.

Despite the fact that no one has ever expressed any complaints about animation in the games of the Unreal series, the developers are very serious and intend to make another revolution. [/ quote]
Full version of the article at [url] http://www.izcity.com/data/games/article758.htm [/ url].

G
Guest 06.11.21

cool! but this is what we admire now. remember doom3 in 2001: "the monster will slide down the stairs and you can walk on it!" or "all objects can be moved ... cool!". Or about halfu2 someone said: "the physics there is so cool that, for example, you can throw a grenade under the trash can, it will fly up and crush the enemies hiding behind it." Now the physics of sound, dismemberment of objects, bodies. cool! but wait ... with this e3 some thread will be able to resist the alpha. with the next beta. then the game will be postponed to the end of 2007. and you get today's doom3. ah, if the game came out this year, then: up: revolution.

I'm interested in the system requirements. I hope that I can play stale alpha on the GF6600GT. My 512 and 128 will not be enough of course. By the way there will be third shaders and DX9.0? Will PCX-E and 64bit be used?

G
Grinder 06.11.21

[quote] Will PCX-E and 64bit be used? [/ quote] There will probably
be 2 versions, for 32 and 64 bit.

R
Roman 06.11.21

Yes people. Graphics demolishes the tower.

H
HELLHAMMER 06.11.21

How the games progress: up:

N
NarayanCat 06.11.21

and where you can see some kind of videos, a thread or something like that on a subject? ))

G
Guest 06.11.21

Well, if you don't mind traffic, just look in Google or ask EF via LAN, he seemed to give out a link to them.

Interestno here. in half2, from the rotation of the blades of the helicopter, it blows objects away with a stream of air. If this is real, why not implement wind in games?

I
IceCube 06.11.21

When is his next show?

H
HELLHAMMER 06.11.21

[Quote] Interestno here. in half2, from the rotation of the blades of the helicopter, it blows objects away with a stream of air. If this is real, why not implement the wind in games? [/ Quote]

I don't think that this is the first thing necessary to implement. Although, they say, and on many rollers the wind is visible in Stalker, but it is there at the simplest level. If you create really wind, it will be a very complex model.

G
Guest 06.11.21

not beautiful when the vegetation sways like a lighthouse.

not the first, but the general appearance of the graphics would have improved several times at once. just imagine this effect ....: roll:

complex model? What is the difference between objects in the game Freeman or the wind (let's say the same Freeman, only invisible: gigi :)? You just need more resources to "explain" to the grass and trees what physics is.

H
HELLHAMMER 06.11.21

[quote] fake model? What's the difference between objects in the game Freeman or the wind (let's say the same Freeman, only invisible)? You just need more resources in order to "explain" to the grass and trees what physics is. [/ Quote]

It would be so simple, if you do as you said, it will turn out exactly like a "beacon". It is necessary to create a real wind, with different speed, direction, gusts, etc. And all the bushes can only be a "beacon", so this is a very difficult question. There are, of course, and complicated, but ....

G
Guest 06.11.21

Well, the fact that the "freeman" will run with different speed is the difference, the "freeman" can run in gusts, after all. Actually, I'm not arguing, I just want to understand :)

C
Cooller 06.11.21

By the way, in some article about this engine (Unreal Engine 3) I read that the minimum video card will be Ati X800 / GF 6800.
This is understandable - by that time these video cards will be outdated.

[Quote] that I can play a stale alpha on the GF6600GT. [/ quote] A
slide show is guaranteed to you.
By the time the game is released, your video card has already slipped into the low end sector, at best.

[quote] My 512 and 128 will not be enough of course. [/ quote]
For U3 RAM, you need 2 Gb and 512 Mb on a video card.

[size = 75] Added on Jan 11, 2005, 6:50

am : [/ size] And as far as I remember, Unreal 3 should be released on Xbox2 first?

G
Grinder 06.11.21

2Cooler
For Unreal3 you will need 2Gb of RAM and 1Gb of video memory for a comfortable game with maximum settings.
[i] Taken from an interview with Tim Sweeney [/ i]
Some may find this interesting:

[b] FAQ on Unreal Engine 3 [/ b]
Unreal Engine 3 is a game development environment for next generation consoles and computers equipped with DirectX9 -compliant video cards. It provides developers with a wide range of underlying technologies, rich content creation tools and infrastructure used by the best game producers. Here are some screenshots - [url = http: //www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_beast.jpg "> http://www.unrealtechnology.com/screens/p_beast.jpg; http://www.unrealtechnology.com/ screens / p_bezerker.jpg;

N
NarayanCat 06.11.21

[quote] For Unreal3, you need 2Gb of RAM and 1Gb of video memory for a comfortable game with maximum settings [/ quote] along the way, it's like running Doom 3 on Riva TNT2 right now)))

G
Guest 06.11.21

[quote] Your video card by the time the game is released has already slipped into the low end sector, at best. [/ quote]
By the way, will this game surpass 3D mark 2005? If not, then I strictly U3 will go. For the 3D mark went at 7-20 fps. 800 by 600, on average, add operatives - it will roll. Although it seems to me that the U3 will not be released in 2006, but where the thread is 2007-2008 and the system. requirements will increase as with the doom. The GeForce 6800 will be at least, but the GeForce9800 will be playable without any problems.

G
Grinder 06.11.21

In 2006, we will definitely admire the simplified version of Unreal Engine 3 in UT2006 (or whatever they call it), and in Unreal 3, the engine's muscles should play in full force.

2Tommy
3D Mark 2005 has great graphics, but in comparison with Unreal 3, I think, and not even close.

h
headnoize 06.11.21

[quote name = "roman"] Yes people. Graphics demolishes the tower. [/ quote]

[color = green] Pay attention to the screen, except for the monster there is nothing to see, and why is the tower demolishing there? [/ color]