3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
0pt1kN3RV 06.11.21 11:19 pm

Oh no, Half-Life 2 has been rescheduled!

Quote from 7wolf.net

Honestly, hardly anyone hoped that the first-person shooter Half-Life 2 announced only in May would be able to arrive in time by September 30 (and that was the official release date). As it turned out, he would not arrive in time. Today, the game's publisher, Vivendi Universal, announced that the project has been delayed and will only hit store shelves at the end of this year, in time for the holidays. I must say that the symptom is very unpleasant, and there is a suspicion that closer to the appointed date, the release date may change again, since Valve Software will probably not have time to finish something.

Well, here's the first transfer. : sad: I'm sure it will be like a doom ...

28 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guest 06.11.21

DTF reports:

Tellingly, the developer studio Valve Software in the person of Gabe Newell hears about such a decision of the publisher for the first time. Together with the lack of any comments on the reasons for the delay, this suggests that Vivendi Universal is simply hoping to boost sales of the game through the Christmas hype.

... it may well be that they will postpone closer to the New Year holidays. Competitors do not breathe in the back of their heads (no longer).

I
IL ~ 06.11.21

Hmm, not good news .. :( Money is again in the foreground. Somehow forgot about gamers: roll:

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

And I'm glad: twisted:

Apart from the SH3 console port, you won't get anything good this year: D :-D

G
Guest 06.11.21

It's just funny for me ...: sad:

duum3 in May 2002 headlights edge in the middle of summer half in September Rome total headlights in October ... in the end **** turns out. And these games will come out, then, when such graphics will already be normal - as it happened with Doom3.

And when are we waiting for Stalker?

PS: You are not a good person, Fedya: evil:

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

duum3 in May 2002 headlights edge in the middle of summer half in September Rome total headlights in October ... in the end **** turns out. And these games will come out, then, when such graphics will already be normal - as it happened with Doom3.

Do not be afraid of Doom, SH3 will be released on time and then you will see what GOOD graphics are! Unless, of course, it is not fucked on a PC (most likely, it is: twisted :) ... On the monitor, it is completely different: twisted:

Everyone who played the PS2 version of SH2 says that PS2 + TV is much better - and I believe them: D

PS: I'm good :)

I
IL ~ 06.11.21

Radish you Fedya, radish!

G
Guest 06.11.21

Do not be afraid of Doom, SH3 will be released on time and then you will see what GOOD graphics are! Unless, of course, it is not fucked on a PC (most likely, it is: twisted :) ... On the monitor, it is completely different: twisted:

Everyone who played the PS2 version of SH2 says that PS2 + TV is much better - and I believe them: D

PS: I'm good :)

So Fed, nothing gets blurred on the monitor, how can it be worse?

K
Kay'L 669 06.11.21

Possibly TV blur plus the distance to the TV box of five meters gives the effect of natural 3d acceleration. gigi.gifThe truth is, why it is worse than a clear image on the monitor is unclear to me. By the way, in CX3 on a PC it will be possible to set resolutions like 1280x1024 (as in CX2) and I also don’t understand how this is worse than the picture on the TV box ... :?

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

Possibly TV blur plus the distance to the TV box of five meters gives the effect of natural 3d acceleration. gigi.gifThe truth is, why it is worse than a clear image on the monitor is unclear to me. By the way, in CX3 on a PC it will be possible to set resolutions like 1280x1024 (as in CX2) and I also don’t understand how this is worse than the picture on the TV box ... :?

What's better? Size! Size rules! What am I talking about? Oh yes, about the screen size: D

G
Guest 06.11.21

So Fed, nothing gets blurred on the monitor, how can it be worse? The truth is, why it is worse than a clear image on the monitor is unclear to me.

Why is fuzzy worse than clear? And do you yourself think that I should answer this frivolous question :)

K
Kay'L 669 06.11.21

So this was not a question, but a reflection. And of course - clear is better than fuzzy, I talked about this.

G
Guest 06.11.21

So this was not a question, but a reflection.

You wrote: Perhaps television blur plus a distance to the TV box of five meters gives the effect of natural 3d acceleration.

There was a smiley face (: mrgreen :), so I think you're just kidding. Then you wrote:

The truth is, than this (blurry image on the TV) is worse than a clear image on the monitor, it is not clear to me (you).

So I had to explain to you why the fuzzy is worse than the clear ...

Still it is not clear to you, what is worse 640 by 480 than 1280x1024: |

S
Strange 06.11.21

eat better? Size! Size rules! What am I talking about? Oh yes, about the screen size

Have you ever heard about TV-out :)? Nothing prevents you from displaying the picture on a TV set by 29 inches, while setting the resolution to 800x600 and 6x FSAA - in this case "PS2 + TV = picture is better" nervously smokes in the corner ... And 21 inches on the monitor + 1600x1200 with the same FSAA it will also look good ... : clever:

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

Connect the set-top box to a cool TV set via RBG (or at least S-video) and you will have a clear image. Some console games support HDTV: D

Why do you Dummy prefer to watch movies on TV with a fuzzy image than on a monitor with a clear one?

And games, movies - one garbage 8)

S
SuperFedya 06.11.21

Have you ever heard about TV-out

Only console games are sharpened under the TV set, and pisish under the monitor! Therefore, on the TV set they are so miserable ... And the console miserable on the monitor.

Have you ever heard about the fact that any next gen. can the set-top box be connected to the monitor?

Nothing prevents you from displaying the picture on a TV set at 29 inches, while setting the resolution to 800x600 and 6x FSAA - in this case

800x600? : lamer:

+ On consoles, there are no problems with aliasing in most games.

S
Strange 06.11.21

800x600? : lamer:

TV-out is not able to give out more, so: lamer: - it's more about you.

Only console games are sharpened under the TV set, and pisish under the monitor! Therefore, on the TV set they are so miserable ... And the console miserable on the monitor.

Elite nonsense ... why did you smoke?

Have you ever heard about the fact that any next gen. can the set-top box be connected to the monitor?

Ha-ha-ha - well, well, I'll see how you connect the manuk to just the console you bought - probably an interesting sight ...

Do not forget that you still need to get such cool devices to connect to the manuk - in Russia, in my opinion, this is unrealistic.

0pt1kN3RV 06.11.21

to be honest, I'm already starting to doubt that someone is going to release these games ... (I'm talking about thought, hl2, d2, etc.)

probably the developers are afraid that their games will not produce any revolution ...: wink: and so they will promise us until we grow old. : sad:

G
Guest 06.11.21

Why do you Dummy prefer to watch movies on TV with a fuzzy image than on a monitor with a clear one?

And I prefer to watch on the monitor: razz:

Only console games are sharpened under the TV set, and pisish under the monitor! Therefore, they are so miserable on the TV set ... And the console miserables on the monitor

Interestingly, how PS2 games are sharpened for TVs :-D Just the ladder on the TV is not so visible, thanks to the "excellent" smearing effect. If we connect a PC to a TV set, then we simply will not see all the beauties that we see on the monitor, thanks to the smearing of the TV set. My friend connected a PC to a TV set, says that nothing is wretched there ... but I believe him more, and in general, he finds fault with trifles in games.

to be honest, I'm already starting to doubt that someone is going to release these games ... (I'm talking about thought, hl2, d2, etc.)

probably the developers are afraid that their games will not produce any revolution ... and so they will promise us until we grow old.

I have the same feeling, it seems we will never enter a new age: sad:

S
Strange 06.11.21

and so they will promise us until we grow old.: sad: I have the same feeling, it seems we will never enter a new age: sad:

Calm down comrades, let's break through: drunk:: wink: HL2 still seems to me to arrive in time, but for now, drive to the same Chaser, it's not bad ...

I personally connected a computer to a TV set, and more than once - just a great picture, even at 640x480 and without FSAA! (Like on PS2) Of course, the text is impossible to read, and it’s impossible to work, too - but great for games. And plasma and LCD TVs are an exception - these are the same monitors, albeit large ones.

S
Salo 06.11.21

The end of the year is very long. Valve ooh * la !!!