3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LightColorWave 09.11.21 07:12 pm

Voice acting of Soviet soldiers in English. version of the game (Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

Looked at several gameplay demos from different conferences. Some soldiers speak without an accent, but there are individuals with a terrible American accent. Is it really that hard to find Russians for voice acting? Or was it just such a build? Hopefully they will fix it in the final version.
29 Comments
Sort by:
t
tovarish comrade 09.11.21

ColorWave
For your information: the USSR was an INTERNATIONAL state, and, let me tell you a secret, not only the Russian (Slavic) people lived there, but also many others. So, the peculiarities of the dialect of some soldiers are a very plausible thing.

K
Kol55 09.11.21

What's the difference? Everyone will translate everyone exactly. And there will be no that accent.

L
LightColorWave 09.11.21

tovarish comrade
The game has an American accent (ala the evil Russians in Pendos films). This was hardly the case in the USSR.

S
SadSam 09.11.21

it is important?

t
tovarish comrade 09.11.21

ColorWave
This is already nit-picking .

L
LarsJunFan 09.11.21

ColorWave
All Russians in MGS games were not and never will be. The only one who was angry was Volgin. And all the rest are normal. MGU does not have such a framework as good or evil, and MGSVTPP is no exception, so - Deal With It!

M
Mari8936 09.11.21

The fact that there are normally speaking Russians is already a joy to the ears. Actually, I watched a few presentations, some in fits and starts, but I did not notice such a wild accent.

P
Pavel Chapaev 09.11.21

tovarish comrade
Such an accent could have been, if not among the Americans, then perhaps among the Balts, and now compare how many Balts lived in the USSR, and how many other peoples. So it's not believable at all.

D
Diablonos 09.11.21

LarsJunFan
Yeah, and so completely without evil, they torture and kill unarmed prisoners in some missions. Everything is normal and it should be the highest manifestation of good.

V
Vic203B-boy 09.11.21

Diablonos
There was a moment when an officer ordered not to kill the prisoners ... And why did you even get to the bottom of it? There are evil people in all nations

D
Diablonos 09.11.21

Vic203B-boy
And there is also a moment when a Ryu soldier wants to rape the Silent One.
And then we have to cut out almost the entire tank division.

C
Completely traveled 09.11.21

The game was made by the Japanese. The presence of Russian speech is already wine.

h
hardwaredude 09.11.21

Diablonos

And there is also a moment when a Ryusky soldier wants to rape the Silent One.
And then we have to cut out almost the entire tank division.

You understand the word "war", no? Don't pony it, don't pony it. People go berserk in war, and so maddened that you never dreamed of it. If you play further, you will see how our funny guys from Diamond Dogs behave. Not any better. Such torture is carried out that it will not seem a little.

s
smaizy 09.11.21

I am so amused by some phrases, their pronunciation is very funny. For example, how the soldiers say to the dog "Shoot, Shoot", "Get out", "Here the box moves by itself", and he is answered "Enough to clown around", and there are many more such phrases.

M
MrGutlya 09.11.21

in all foreign games where there are Russians, they speak with a terrible accent ... it's hard to learn Russian,
and this applies to both small games (civilization) and large battles, mgs

H
Hawkwind 09.11.21

In Phantom Pain, the accent is hoo too. But it's even funny. By the way, there really are no stereotypical "bad Russians" here. At one of the bases I heard a dialogue where these cliches were played up. It was about 1984 or Fahrenheit 451, if I'm not mistaken. In general, something so cult. So one soldier tells another that if the book is American, then in any case the Russians will be the bad guys.

B
Beirut 09.11.21

Hawkwind
If there were no stereotypes !! then they would play in ................
Honduras, Argentina, Iran / Iraq, Iran / Iraq, Grenada, Nicaragua, Haiti, Libya, Panama
. but they are good)))

H
HamataYoshi 09.11.21

smaizy
And I am pinned by the phrase that something like "I lost him")) I don't remember literally, but it is pronounced with soooo regret that you directly feel that well-speaking foreigners voiced) but in general I like that the developers did their best - they hired very well speaking Russian, if it were not for the conversational bloopers and the wrong intonations it would have been great at all, but only today, when he was playing, he raised the alarm and the soldier shouted to the others "at me!", although of course he had to say "to me." There are a lot of such blunders, but it still inserts)

v
vlad_sherba 09.11.21

Some phrases are impossible to listen to without laughing, for example:
-KP, someone took my car, probably by mistake
-So, continue the task on foot
-Well, what a joke

S
Skinny_Vamp 09.11.21

HamataYoshi
he says "Lost visual contact (("