3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex hawk 09.11.21 07:33 pm

Greyrat Rescue (Dark Souls 3)

Does anyone have exact instructions on how to rescue Greyrat on both runs? (not counting the first)
In Russian Wiki, complete nonsense. At the same time, the same options are described, only next to one - he dies, and next to another - he lives. I decided not to go there anymore.
25 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vladislav Zenin 09.11.21

What time to save, the second or the third?

M
Marty52 09.11.21

Alex Hawk
The third time (sent to Lothric Castle) will definitely die. But with the second time there is so much steam that it is better to disappear. But if you are interested, I will describe it.
The first scenario: Patchwork appears in the temple of fire and has a Catharine set for sale. Do NOT buy this armor from him. You send Greyrat to Irithyll and chat with Patchwork. You tell him where Gray went. That's it, Greyrat is saved.

Second option: buy armor. You give it to Sigward in the well at the entrance to the chapel of purification. You meet Siegward in Irithyll at the soup (IN NO EVENT DO YOU GO INTO IRITHILLA'S UNDERGROUND). Send Greyrat to Irithyll BEFORE you kill Sullivan. That's it, Greyrat is saved.
It is clear that in the first version you lose the line of Siegward and the giant. Also, in both versions there are, it seems, some kind of time limit on the passage of the location (along with the victory over Sullivan), so you will need to hurry up. Irithyll's dungeons cannot be entered, because Sigward will move there and will not be able to save the Greyrat. So it goes.

Vladislav Zenin
Rescue at what time, the second or third?
Alex Hawk: Does anyone have exact instructions on how to rescue Greyrat on both runs?

A
Alex hawk 09.11.21

Marty52
So. Let us suppose. Everything was done according to option 2, except for the Greyrat I sent after killing the dog on the bridge and, of course, I had not yet reached Siegward and the soup. Is this a problem or the order of actions does not matter, is it important to finish everything before killing the pontiff?
Will it die 3 times for sure? Clearing the Consumed King's location and killing two wyverns before dispatch doesn't help? And in general it is strange. It seems like his body is found after killing the "Dragon Slayer Armor", therefore, it should lie somewhere "before" this boss. And it lies further on, on the roofs of the library, sort of like.

M
Marty52 09.11.21

I sent Alex Hawk apart from Greyrat after killing the dog on the bridge and, of course, I haven't reached Siegward and the soup yet. Is this a problem or the order of actions does not matter, is it important to finish everything before killing the pontiff?
I say: there is still some dependence on the time it takes to pass the location with the Pontiff. Other than that, it's okay.

Will it die 3 times for sure?
Yes.

Clearing the Consumed King's location and killing two wyverns before dispatch doesn't help?
Strange infa.

A
Alex hawk 09.11.21

Marty52
From the Russian Wiki, while it is written that "he definitely survives." I think this is not a 100% option, but there must still be a way to save him.

m
mirel 09.11.21

Spoiler

M
Marty52 09.11.21

Alex Hawk
From the Russian Wiki, while it is written that "he definitely survives." I think this is not a 100% option, but there must still be a way to save him.
No, the third time he dies 100%. Though on the Russian wiki (read the item "Observation"):
Spoilerhttp: //ru.darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%80 % D1% 8B% D1% 81
Though in English:
Spoilerhttp: //darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Greirat+of+the+Undead+Settlement
The latter says so: "There is no way to save him a third time." And I believe it is English. version, because, apparently, there are simply no normal editors in Russian.

B
Beirut 09.11.21

kill the scrappy and don't light a fire in the dungeon, calmly fill up the boss and he will return
and the third time just don't send him

D
Devill666 09.11.21

Marty52
because the Russian wiki can be edited by anyone and anyone.
with regards to salvation a second time. bought armor. threw it into the well. sent gray. came to Irithyll. started walking. killed alva. drove into the catacombs. I lit the first fire - I ran back to Irithill .. I went to the kitchen - there was no ciguard. ofigel. scored. passed the location, killed the boss. returned to the temple of fire, the gray one says that his onion knight saved, everything is as it should be.
so everything is not unambiguous with gray. but on the wiki they write that the ciguard's quest has screwed up.
ps passed before the patch yet

M
Marty52 09.11.21

Devill666
Oh, it even happens. And with me, with the same sequence, Greyrat died. Both times (NG and NG +).

A
Alex hawk 09.11.21

Devill666
But what is really there ... Even on the usual "Wikipedia" anyone and anything can edit. It's just that the site does not have a normal guide and no one checks anything.
SpoilerDevill666
Devill666 wrote:
killed Alva
Whom did you kill?

D
DenDi333 09.11.21

Bursting the head off these quests in DS, from the dialogues of NPCs in general it is not clear that much has to be thought out, I generally did not rush to the tower for 20k souls, and there it was Patchwork, and boldly sent the rat to steal, so after the patch I will start the game again.

d
droun92 09.11.21

Marty52
Is it so difficult there? I passed the game and he survived all of me two times (on the third he dies, as he did not try). It was quite easy to save him the second time, I only found out about the fact that it was necessary to kill the dog on the bridge and that's it. Apparently I was damn lucky that I did not go into the dungeons and killed Salivan first.

D
DenDi333 09.11.21

droun92 wrote:
It was quite easy to save him the second time, I only found out about the fact that you need to kill the dog on the bridge and that's it.
From whom did you find out and what kind of dog and on what bridge?

i
iNfantry 144Hz 09.11.21

And with me he does not leave the church at all, he only asks everything, they say, can he be driven there, no.

D
Devill666 09.11.21

Alex Hawk A
phantom that invades. his name is Alva

I
Illusion knight 09.11.21

Devill666
Played without coal. I killed the monster on the bridge. Alva hadn't even met. He went through the dungeons and after a long time sent him. Greyrat survived after the second time.

D
Devill666 09.11.21

Knight of illusions
because alva is a phantom, and you are without coal

S
SerJim 09.11.21

The way to save him a second time is very simple. You find Sigward - you help him to overwhelm the demon - you find Patchwerk in the temple of the depths - you find a ciguard in the well - you meet a patchwork in the temple of fire when he locks you - you ransom the armor of a ciguard (or remove it from a corpse) you give it to the ciguard in the well - when you first enter irritil, you kill crocodil on the bridge and send the gray rat to irithil - make sure that he left the temple of fire - you kill the Cursed tree at the location of the Settlement of the undead - in the temple of fire sits a gray rat who says that the knight saved him. Instead of a tree, you can use the boss Old Demon King. Greyrat returns to the fire temple only after killing the boss. You cannot kill Pontiff Sullivan, since he is the boss of the location irithil.

I don't know yet how to save him at Lothric Castle. but you can try this (only ng + or ++) - everything is the same as described above, only you leave the armor at the patchwork (you cannot redeem it), you clean all the locations of the castle, but you don’t kill the oceiros and the princes, after which you send the grayrat to rob you talk about this patchwork and bring down oceiros. in theory, the greyrats should come back and say that he was grazed by a patchwork in the armor of an onion.

k
kyyporos 09.11.21

Devill666
Yes, about the same, I got gray rats alive.