3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KloN_X 09.11.21 07:33 pm

Video driver has stopped responding (Dark Souls 3)

Hello everyone ... Faced with the problem of the long-awaited DS3. It looks like the game has become so severe that it crashes at the first bonfire. In general, the message "the video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored" appears, after which the game closes. I tried some old solutions to the problems that different sources offer so far nothing works. The first time I come across such crap, it turns out that people have had this problem in other games for a long time. What can you advise, who else has encountered this problem? I think this problem will be encountered by many players.

My system:
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (Asus), GPU tweak installed. I don't dabble in overclocking, it's just a game profile in the program itself;
processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge (3400MHz, LGA1155, L3 6144Kb);
16 gb RAM.
35 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Ygrumyi 09.11.21

Wait for Nvidia to release new drivers, now not only the developers are putting a bolt on optimization, but the wood saws too

S
Striker555 09.11.21

said the new version of Nvidia drivers for Dark Souls 3 is unstable

Z
ZalMan912 09.11.21

What version of the driver do you have? If the latter, then try to roll back to the previous version, because yes, the latest version turns some vidyahu into a brick. It is possible that you also have a similar problem, if there is a driver of course this

A
Artur Pirogov 09.11.21

KloN_X
in driver settings nvidia panel - control parameters 3D - global mode - power management - replace adaptive with increased performance.

K
KloN_X 09.11.21

ZalMan912
364.72 version from 03/28/2016

K
KloN_X 09.11.21

Artur Pirogov
I have already made such decisions. So to speak traditional)

Z
ZalMan912 09.11.21

KloN_X
Yes, this is exactly the version due to which many have problems now. Try to do a rollback .. or wait a bit, soon the new patch should be cut. By the end of the week it may come out

K
KloN_X 09.11.21

ZalMan912
Can you tell me which version to rollback to and how? Haven't had to before ...

Z
ZalMan912 09.11.21

KloN_X
Well, rollback involves the transition to the previous version of the driver
instructions from nvidia in the spoiler
SpoylerInstruktsiya of undo / remove drivers

Option 1: Revert to the previous version of the driver:

If you have installed the current driver without uninstalling the previous version, you can roll back to a previous version of the driver, following the instructions below:

Instructions for rolling back the driver in Windows XP:

Click Start
Click Control Panel
Select Performance and Maintenance and then System (in Category view) or System (in Classic view)
Select the Devices tab
Select Device Manager
Double click on Adapters display
Double-click the NVIDIA GPU
Select the driver tab Select the Driver tab
Select Driver Rollback
Instructions for rolling back the driver in Windows Vista or Windows 7:
Select Start
Select Control Panel
Windows Vista: Select Performance and Maintenance and then System (in Category view) or System (in Classic view) view mode). Windows 7: Select System and Security and then System
Select Device Manager in the left pane
Double-click to select Display Adapters
Double-click to select the NVIDIA GPU
Select the driver tab
Select Driver Rollback
Option 2: Remove the current driver:

If you uninstalled the previous one before installing the current driver, then rollback is impossible. Follow the same instructions that you used to uninstall the previous version of the driver. After that, you can download and install the recommended driver.

Z
ZalMan912 09.11.21

KloN_X
No. I would advise you to just wait for the release of the new driver for now. For with this version of .364 xs how many surprises can there be, it turned out to be very fucking

K
KloN_X 09.11.21

ZalMan912
Play hunting ... So many expectations

Z
ZalMan912 09.11.21

KloN_X Business is
so clear. Here, you will simply roll back at your own peril and risk, in the worst case, you can also get a brick. And so, wait for the driver and if something goes wrong, then there will be claims directly to Nvidia.

A
Artur Pirogov 09.11.21

KloN_X
everything is fine for me, the driver has not updated version 353.82 for a hundred years and everything flies without problems

R
Rooough 09.11.21

Rolling back to the previous version won't help, just ran into the same problem, version 361.43 ...

K
KloN_X 09.11.21

Well, what did the driver roll back and as advised in the steam community to put low quality lighting. As a result, everything is pretty good, although the performance of the game is poor.

K
Kaharin 09.11.21

KloN_X
I used to get an error in all games before: "Kernel mode driver stopped responding and was restored", it was very infuriating. I thought that the problem was in vidyuha or some kind of firewood, I did everything that was found on YouTube and nifiga did not help. Then my RAM flew. The most interesting thing is that after replacing the RAM, this error did not appear anymore. I will note that the vidyuha and firewood remained the same as at the time when this error got out.

B
Beirut 09.11.21

The game strains the vidyahu max by 70% and the pace is under 70, the cooler is 40%, here the cant of the game
I just lowered the gpu frequency

0_0_Sherlock_0_0 09.11.21

In the temple of fire, the driver flies out, what can you do, tell me?

m
metalfoxxx 09.11.21

the driver often flies, especially in a swamp it flies when approaching a fire.
The only solution is to put the quality of lighting to a minimum and voila, there was no difference in the graphics, etc.

K
KeJlbT90 09.11.21

Who has crashes, put the lighting to a minimum, the rest as you want, helped me