3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KloN_X 09.11.21 07:33 pm

Video driver has stopped responding (Dark Souls 3)

Hello everyone ... Faced with the problem of the long-awaited DS3. It looks like the game has become so severe that it crashes at the first bonfire. In general, the message "the video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored" appears, after which the game closes. I tried some old solutions to the problems that different sources offer so far nothing works. The first time I come across such crap, it turns out that people have had this problem in other games for a long time. What can you advise, who else has encountered this problem? I think this problem will be encountered by many players.

My system:
Graphics card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 (Asus), GPU tweak installed. I don't dabble in overclocking, it's just a game profile in the program itself;
processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge (3400MHz, LGA1155, L3 6144Kb);
16 gb RAM.
35 Comments
Sort by:
T
The happiest 09.11.21

KloN_X
I had this problem with different games, it could crash once a month. it could not fly out for six months and nothing helped, neither the firewood nor the system could be demolished, I read a bunch of forums and tried everything and nothing helped, I handed over the vidyuha under warranty and took exactly the same one (970 gaming) and the problem disappeared, most likely you have a hardware problem again if there are crashes in other games too!

K
KloN_X 09.11.21

PC1234567890
Never encountered

T
The happiest 09.11.21

KloN_X
then pick up other firewood

K
KazymirZyba 09.11.21

In general, who is interested: in the "control panel" Nvidia, for Dark Souls III, forcibly set the parameter "vertical sync" to "off". I played calmly, at 40-60 fps, for a couple of hours. He returned to the Fire Temple several times. Graphics settings to "ultra", except for "motion blur", 1080p. Before the change in the "panel", it crashed (the driver stopped responding and was restored), sometimes there were "freezes" for several seconds. Video card - gtx 760 2gb, driver - 364.51.
Hope it helps someone.

A
ArturBraun 09.11.21

KloN_X
Yes, I have the same vidyuha (and driver version), and absolutely the same trouble. Not only does the game crash (mostly by the fires, by the way), but it also kicks out the driver to shit ... So, for example, I have MSI Afterburner, which, after such crashes, shows some outrageous numbers, and Geforce Experience flatly refuses to detect the video card, even after reboots, and if it detects what happens 1 time out of 100, it writes that the video card is not suitable for autotuning optimization. And only after removing the driver and Experience, rebooting and using the newly installed components, the indicators return to normal ... until the first DS3 flight, bitch.

PS I faced something like this before, when I dabbled in overclocking ... in some games you can pick up the indicators, while other games, at the same indicators, crash and the driver restarts ... with DS3, I threw everything to the standard and there was no sense.

B
Bolshebnik 09.11.21

ArturBraun Is the
temperature normal? I had this when I was warming myself under 100.

s
siame 09.11.21

Here's what I noticed. On my older Persian, who is already close to the end, departures (with such a mistake in the first place) happen regularly and often, and with a fresh Persian yesterday I walked up about five hours and not a single departure. I thought at first that the departures due to the armor of the black knight, changed - did not disappear.

s
siame 09.11.21

It seems that I found the reason for the departures personally on my older Persian. Departures stopped after I equipped a helmet that completely hides my face. I see only one reason - shortly before the start of flights, I used a stone of purification, which is against the curse. The Persian's face was cleared of dead wrinkles.
At the expense of the thought that the hair was to blame - I used the thief's mask, which hides the hair and half of the face - the flights continued, so I think that the face is to blame.

K
Kraicher 09.11.21

Tried the latest driver 364.72 (NVidia), sharpened for DS 3. Tried the previous one and some earlier ones. The only driver that works for me without crashes is 350.12 sharpened for GTA 5. So decide for yourself.

S
SATAHA666 09.11.21

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO IS FLYING ON AMD RETRIEVE THE QUALITY OF SHADOWS ON THE MIDDLE, AND THEN YOU WILL BE A MIRACLE !!!! I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MSI RADEON R9 380X (4GB) PUT THE SHADOWS MEDIUM, AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS AT MAX, AND IS NORMAL, WITH SLEEPING OF COURSE, BUT EVERYTHING IS SUPER

K
Kirill1998 09.11.21

Kraicher
Download 364.96 and play without any problems.

K
Kraicher 09.11.21

Kirill1998
Is this a beta driver? Nvidia does not have this certified. The last one is 364.72. Available for downloading on torrents NVIDIA GeForce 364.96 Hotfix driver. But it is not on the official website. In Russian, it will probably be released later.

K
Kirill1998 09.11.21

Kraicher
He weighs 3 weeks on an English-language site. I had no sorties anyway, but a friend of mine completely lost the sorties.

K
Kraicher 09.11.21

Downloaded, installed 364.96 Hotfix driver. I started the game, moved away from the fire - a wedge and a crash.))) I loaded my favorite 350.12 and everything was like clockwork - two weeks, not a single departure. Looks like my system only loves this driver for DS 3.))))
As I found it, I'm surprised myself, I was lucky.

O
Odna4o 09.11.21

It was on Witcher 3. Removal of GeForce Experience helped