3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eredin Breakk Glass 09.11.21 08:15 pm

Poor performance through the years. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

First, I will describe the whole situation. I first played The Witcher 3 years ago, the game ran smoothly on medium settings. A year later I decided to play Hearts of Stone. I searched the Internet for many versions, but I did not find it besides the repack from Khatab. I downloaded the repack from him, open the game and it slows down even at low ones, just set very low parameters and lowered the screen resolution, but before that everything was fine. I read on the Internet about the fact that if you have a graphics memory of 2000+, then you can safely set good graphics settings, and I would not say that the hardware is older. I am attaching config and information about the card. Maybe there are some utilities or a clean version of the witcher. By the way, one more question, I wanted to install patch 1.08, but says that there is not enough space on the hard disk, why is it needed if the game is on the E disk. Thank you.

58 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kodval 09.11.21

Lucky1
That's all, look at the words of the person above, his resolution is the same as the author's 1280x1024. Therefore, the game on such settings is quite real for him. But in FullHD, it will not really go even at the minimum. I have a friend who tried to do this at 460, but did not give more than 15-20 fps: D
And about the deterioration of optimization, I agree with them. The truth is, I don't know what the problem is, in patches or still in the wood. For when I passed it last year, at medium high settings I almost always gave 40+ fps. Now I decided to re-run and at the settings below it rarely even rises to 35 -_-

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 09.11.21

Lucky1
Why? The resolution is very good, I have probably been sitting behind it for 8-10 years, so I feel comfortable with this.
Azazelius The
probability that the drivers are to blame is very high, you need to experiment with them.

K
Kodval 09.11.21

Lucky1
If for the monitor this is the maximum resolution, then everything looks quite normal, I saw it from a friend)
Another thing is that if you put such a resolution on a FullHD monitor, then yes, there will be a quiet horror

T
The happiest 09.11.21

Azazelius wrote:
That's all, look at the words of the person above,
Well then laaaaadno :)))))))))))))))))))
Azazelius to
each his own , but agree to fullhd it would be cooler there are such landscapes dude , I'm now waiting for the last DLS and I will even play on a 42-inch TV with Joey, I think it's worth it

K
Kodval 09.11.21

Frontier buccaneer
So I 'm thinking of experimenting right now)
And about the resolution. Everyone says so until they switch to a widescreen, preferably at least a FullHD monitor) I
myself used to be like that, but now I don't understand how you can sit behind a square: D

K
Kodval 09.11.21

Lucky1
I then agree with this, right now I started to re-pass to the release of the DLC. And at 32 "(the room with the computer is small), the telly looks awesome)

T
The happiest 09.11.21

Azazelius for
sure, when I bought a TV set and sat down to play games at maximum speed on a 42-inch TV set for the first time, I realized this something)

a
andryuha24 09.11.21

I don’t know how you played the Witcher at medium parameters, your vidyuha is bad, for new games

U
UnknownAssassin 09.11.21

Aleksandr2242
What nonsense are you talking about? He has a repack! If a repack, then it cannot be a copy of the original. On the internet you can find a copy of the original gog, perhaps then the performance will increase, unless of course this is due to the repack.

K
Kodval 09.11.21

andryuha-24
Look at his permission, he could well have played the witcher on such a map with such settings -_-

UnknownAssassin
I have absolutely the same situation on my license, so the repack is not to blame)

S
Stealth123 09.11.21

dude, you shouldn't ask such questions on PG. People here do not read the questions, and do not delve into the essence, they just write about what they saw first.
On the topic - the system can be fucked up badly, and maybe it is repacked with a strong curve. Also take a look at the settings in the Nvidia panel.

E
Eredin Breakk Glass 09.11.21

Stealth123
Can you share a link to The Witcher 3 v 1.08?

U
UnknownAssassin 09.11.21

Azazelius
Means because of the patch.

e
eXsisteNz 09.11.21

What's the problem with installing old drivers and seeing how everything will work with them? Change the settings to high performance, too, how !? Or it's much easier to download ten repacks, thinking that the problem is in them.

s
stranjer8 09.11.21

I played a year ago: hard friezes in Novigrad but no brakes, in the rest of the world it does not freeze at all. This has been on the monitor since 1920. I
played a couple of months ago: the graphon settings are the same (and even reduced for testing), the computer is slightly better than the old one, and the monitor has decreased to 1366. Freezes are regular everywhere and it's impossible to play. Although 4 follych goes on medium at all without brakes and friezes.

e
eXsisteNz 09.11.21

stranjer8
Try installing 352.86 WHQL drivers without installing GeForce Experience:
352.86 WHQL The new GeForce gaming driver, released just in time for the highly anticipated The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, will provide the best gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game optimization with GeForce Experience, you'll get the best possible performance and image quality while gaming.
http://www.nvidia.ru/download/driverResults.aspx/85094/ru

s
stranjer8 09.11.21

eXsisteNz
Oh, of course, the problem is in the drivers. The problem is always with the drivers. Any problem can be fixed by installing a different driver version.

Although, the thought has just appeared because of what it might be. Recently I tried arma 3, which started to crash due to the fact that I usually greatly reduce the maximum size of the paging file. Maybe the Witcher was also buggy because of this. I will have time to download the repack and check it out.

e
eXsisteNz 09.11.21

stranjer8
I already wrote about this above that some kind of problem is direct.
Checking and unsubscribing did not help, and then you can find other reasons.