3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sergedem 09.11.21 08:26 pm

Technical issues (Fallout 2)

When installing, it says that it cannot open 2 .dat files, and when loading it, it says that it cannot load fonts.
147 Comments
Sort by:
A
A.Soldier of Light 09.11.21

Try copying .dat files to the Fallout2 directory directly from the game disc.

S
Sergedem 09.11.21

copied anyway when loading writes that he can not read some font (font). which as I understand it in dat

A

way for sure:
1. take and install the English version.
2. select the FULL installation of the game (somewhere around 600 megs).
3. The disk will not be needed then.
4. run and quickly check the game (settings, etc.)
5. put a patch on the US or UK version (I have US). I put the patch v1.04, where on the NPC you can see the equipped armor.
All is ready.
You have a Russian version, right? What OS?

S
Sergedem 09.11.21

yes the Russian version of the game DVD-box pomoymu X-software (but I can be confused) OS - windows XP. Today I will try to put it as you advise and then I will tell you.

d
d3vol 09.11.21

Guys, I need help.
Install Fall, play for 15-20 minutes, then the colors on the screen are inverted (i.e. black becomes white, blue becomes red, and so on).
What the hell is this, and how is it treated?

My vidyuha

Radeon 9600 256mb
System Windows XP Professional Service Pack-1

H
HAS 09.11.21

I'm certainly not an expert, but I know many who have had problems with many games due to the fact that they had XP (I also had a lot of problems with games due to XP).
the second name is XP - It sucks!

A

there are a lot of ... no, there are a LOT of glitches and bugs on XP, so I can't give any special recommendations, but you can try to install WinXP PRO SP2, like mine.

A
Al_Someone 09.11.21

Tax, meaning a counter question, Fall 1 or 2, then what version of din. By the way, my identity is Win XP Pro SP2 :)
Fall 2 is not buggy at all, I grumble normally. Maybe a trample in the din.

d
d3vol 09.11.21

fo al someone

Foul the second ... what version? And the hell knows ... I used to work fine, then somehow I reinstalled Windows, then bugs went ...

fo a.soldier

I set myself a service pack two ... in general -nothing (good)
There are a lot of new ideas, but their implementation is still very lame

H
HAS 09.11.21

Put another Windu, I can't advise anything else

A
Al_Someone 09.11.21

The eternal war of Radik and Dzhi force, I have a GF6600 GT well, firewood is all there, cooing norms.
Ras you have Radik, so the advice to you is to try to put different firewood on him. This is a big minus of Radikov, the fact that you always have to put different firewood, you want to put such firewood in Dum 3, you want to put others in HL2. This means that you need some kind of thread for a fall, most likely some kind of older one.
PS and the version of the game is written in the main menu from the bottom to the left (or from the right), in general, the latest version is 1.2D, it seems, I have not seen a newer one. So go for it.

H
HAS 09.11.21

If it's about firewood, it won't be easy for you to find it. Foul is an old game.

R
RIDJ 09.11.21

2 LorD Devol the problem with changing colors in ATI is not a problem for Windu and you don't need to change the firewood, you just click with the right mouse button to call the display driver property and in the effects they are called Smartshader ('tabs with anti-aliasing settings') remove the RGB cycle option to -no effects - (if the firewood is Catalist) and for greater confidence Reboot the car, I also have a Radeon 9600, but the problem with the config is there, you need to disable the color_cycling option from 1 to 0 in one line, which is responsible for the colors, try this) if all this did not help you can go to the store and give the seller a face for a defective Radeon

A
Antonk 09.11.21

I recently downloaded fallout 2. for some reason, the game does not show the splash screen. Please help!

H
HAS. 09.11.21

I had a version where the screensavers were not shown. This is most likely the freaking pirates cut the screensaver (or someone else). The point is that in some versions of games (like cha for example), there are simply no screensavers ...

E
Engell 09.11.21

2 Antonik - look here - there are "heads" and music and video here.http: //www.oldgames.ru/game/? Id = 439

A
Antonk 09.11.21

I tried to download a video and a manual, but he writes that the file is missing on the server!

A
Antonk 09.11.21

I downloaded another Fallout and everything works. In the first, there really was no video. Thanks to all!

N
NfS_MW 09.11.21

It is possible to run Fallout in windowed mode. Download from here:
http://forum.falloutsite.ru/index.php?s=ec495a88e2838d513d816dd0ca2d9f13&act=Attach&type=post&id=1048

All * .exe and * .dll files from the archive are tossed into the game folder, run D3DWindower.exe, click + ", add the fall executor, press"> ", start the game :)

S
Sic_Fuck 09.11.21

In both Fallout, when there is a voiced dialogue instead of a character's voice, noise and crackling, can someone realties know how to get around this problem?
OS Windows XP SP 1, sound AC-97, already tried to change firewood.
The versions are complete, music and screensavers are in place, I also tried to install patches.