3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AR3E 09.11.21 09:17 pm

Praise

Have you noticed that some people rarely praise other people? sometimes in addition, as luck would have it, sabotaging their activities.
Spoiler I am especially surprised by parasites who do not want to listen or make obvious, effective decisions. Instead, we will all rush together in all directions and perform ridiculous actions, albeit leading to the final goal, but often with a greater investment of time than could have been done. And when I orderly myself do most of the work in two stages, while they were running around, these donkeys do not even look in my direction - as if everything is as it should be.
19 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wing42 09.11.21

AR3E
Damn it, the italicized text looks like a cry from the heart of some middle manager who considers himself a little more useful than the rest of his kind. From this we can draw a simple conclusion - if your activity does not guarantee you direct benefits, then there is no point in moving mountains and tearing up your vest with a cry of "five-year plan in three years!" often time-consuming ", that is, to be like everyone else.
Excessive initiative is rarely useful, and first of all to the initiator himself.

A
AR3E 09.11.21

Wing42
Damn it, the text in italics looks like the cry of the soul of some middle manager who considers himself a little more useful than other representatives of his kind: D

In fact, this is a description of the cry of the soul of a trashman in warframes - at times it is really a shame to do the whole work, even trying to coordinate it, and in return receive bayonets and shit. I tried to play everything abstractly, so that another discussion of the author and his opinion would not come out, and not the actual topic of discussion. I can answer myself with examples from real life, but I'm interested in seeing this from other people.

if the activity does not guarantee you a direct benefit
Saved time, got profit and time to get more profit. Here is the benefit. Or you can do everything for a long time, dragging out the work, which is five minutes long, for thirty minutes. Imagine how many useful things you can do in these 25 minutes.

W
Wing42 09.11.21

AR3E
This usually happens - everyone seems to be involved, but only one person shows the effectiveness of the work, for example, in terms of the ratio of time and production (well, that is, an analogue of efficiency, where time, volume and quality are taken into account). As an employer, I must encourage such an employee, but not in front of the collective, because any collective does not accept an individual who is different from them, especially when the differences are for the better. No, I will have to do it without advertising it, the moral and material stimulation of a good employee has never harmed either the employee himself, or the employer, or the organization as a whole. And even if this small feat of his will not be noticeable to the team, the main thing is that the employer will notice it, satisfying such a person's need as "the need to be significant."

V
Vanya Rygalov 09.11.21

AR3E
Dude, you're good.

r
rPeBoJL 09.11.21

who knows what it's called?

V
Vanya Rygalov 09.11.21

Gluttony.

r
rPeBoJL 09.11.21

A
nickname sitting on a tree stump hints at ... a nickname?

r
rPeBoJL 09.11.21

Sitting on a tree stump,
come on, don't give me a shot)

A
Alexator 09.11.21

It feels like we are being introduced to the middle of srach, without specifying the reasons and the beginning. Yes, I noticed that I am little praised. Maybe because I'm not doing much good? And if the hell that he wrote under the spoiler wants praise, let him go asks for a salary increase. if he's so awesome, he'll get a bunch of compliments instead of a promotion.

G
Garrus-1994 09.11.21

Is praise seen as a compliment, or as an acknowledgment of some dignity that a person actually possesses? Because compliments are bullshit. I practically don't say them, they are needed for sycophancy. But I am still not enough years old, so in the future it is not only an increase in this parameter. And in general, flattery is needed, because this is one of the criteria of the social world. But the recognition of merits, if there is such a thing, I always admit, and I speak about this to a person in plain text.
Well, in general, if the collective does not appreciate your efforts, then go to America, they have an individualistic culture there, not a group one. In Russia, if he did something outstanding, then the whole country did it, although almost everyone will have no idea what is so outstanding about it. But if a person really does most of the work, then I praise him for it, thereby at least some reinforcement is coming. Although I do almost all the work myself, and I do not always like working in teams, for the simple reason that I have always done everything myself, and my working capacity in teams decreases. It is also necessary to take into account other opinions, and if they are delusional, then you cannot say this in plain text, otherwise everything is insulting. But I'm not saying that teams are bad, everything depends on the team itself. Somewhere it's nice to work together with everyone, but somewhere else "

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

The one who criticizes you is your friend. The one who praises you is your enemy.

7Rain7 09.11.21

rPeBoJL Brushwood
sort of like
AR3E
Spoiler

T
Tiger goose 09.11.21

s
sasha.sivyakova 09.11.21

rPeBoJL
is such a honey baklava)

m
mangelo 09.11.21

I never praise anyone, but why? Let them not relax))))

r
rPeBoJL 09.11.21

xXx1488HuLiGaN4iK228xXx
ay maladtsa!)

7Rain7
Isn't the brushwood sticks in the forest?

B
BioGen 09.11.21

I don’t like working in a team and it never worked out for me, how many times I worked, it all happened some kind of mess with these people - then they break something, then they break it - no, no better, so the praise remains only for me for my merits and nobody else's.

G
Gauguin 09.11.21

Positive reinforcement with praise is good. Unless, of course, the praise (compliment) marks the real dignity of a person, otherwise, as already mentioned above, this is sycophancy.

O
OakSorcerer 09.11.21

I wanted baklava, thank you author, where can I get it at 12 at night?