3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Psenomorph 09.11.21 09:31 pm

I want to change my vidyuhu.

I now have a radeonka 6870 1GB, I want to replace it with R9 380. But on the motherboard there is a PCI Express 2.0 connector, and on the 3.0 card. As I know, there is no difference, the performance will not decrease from this either. Interested in how much FPS will rise in games? Does it make sense to change?

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
8.00 RAM

percent not overclocked.
37 Comments
Sort by:
x
xxDiabloNeroxx 09.11.21

There is a sense, although I would wait for new cards

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

xxDiabloNeroxx
Yes, I think it makes no sense to put new ones on my percent)) and for the money it will probably be more expensive. In general, I stopped while choosing this one. I'm more interested in FPS, how much better will it be?

x
xxDiabloNeroxx 09.11.21

Psenomorph
Look at the tests on the internet and on YouTube, but the gain will be solid anyway. And it's better to take a new one because then you want to change the percentage, then it makes sense to take a video card from the new generation. And new games will be sharpened under the new architecture. On the other hand, in winter, the dollar will rise again, the same 380 will be more expensive, decide for yourself)

b
burn the console 09.11.21

Psenomorph
You have not specified which monitor is important.

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

burn console
monitor Envision P2473wL 23.6dm

b

Psenomorph
If you have money only for R9 380 then take it for 1080p enough for high and after 6870 the difference will be huge. But I would add and take 380X

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

to burn the console
380x costs twice as much as 380x, and judging by tests on the Internet, it is not worth the difference.

M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

with a sense, you can put any other than the most top-end at the moment, such as 980, the processor should quite cheerfully raise all games in the region of 30 + fps. bending a video card to the same 1080p performance is pretty easy.
specifically, the difference between this 6870 and 380 is about 3 times.

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

Everything is clear, thanks for the answers. I also wanted to ask, there are requirements for it • Requires min 700w PSU with
two 6pin PCIe connectors. The fact that 700 watts is needed for a power supply unit is what I understood, but what about the rest?

D
DenDav 09.11.21

Psenomorph
... with two 6-pin PCI connectors.

S
ShellSPb 09.11.21

Psenomorph wrote:
two 6pin PCIe connectors
from the power supply there should be two 6-pin connectors, your 6870 most likely sits on one, so check if there is a second one.

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

mine for two, if I think about that)) My power supply, in my opinion 500 or 550, is generally less than needed, but I was ready to change it because I knew that it needed more power. I chose 380, because I didn't see much difference, at least in tests on the Internet, for such an overpayment.

b

Psenomorph
We have a 380x that costs twice as much as 380
. otherwise I have not seen this yet 20-30 dollars between them the difference

h
hrdCore 09.11.21

Psenomorph wrote:
The fact that 700 watts is needed for a power supply is what I understood
About the recommended power of a power supply has already been discussed 100,500 times on various forums. This is with reassurance against the use of any slag, to-ry often and half of the declared is not issued. + to this, manufacturers do not know in advance what your general configuration is, therefore they indicate a higher value. A normal 700 W PSU with your configuration will be enough with a good margin and taking into account two such VCs (380x).
Psenomorph wrote:
my 500 or 550, in general, less than needed is
not a fact, depending on which power supply. You would name the model.
Configuration consumption (i7 870 @ 2.93GHz + 380x) in a double stress test is no more than ~ 350-360 W at 12 V line. In normal use (games) there will be even less.

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

I will write about the PSU a little later, now there is no way to look. Our prices are as follows: 380-254
euros 380x- 485 euros I

also looked at 390, at an average price between 380 and 380x, and the performance seems to be quite good compared to 380. What do you think?

R
RevIO2RUS 09.11.21

Psenomorph
can't be ... 390 in performance is not that bad compared to 380, these are generally different levels, but their price is not so different and it is impossible for it to be between 380 and 380X.

P
Psenomorph 09.11.21

Yes, my mistake ... I didn’t look right. Okay, thank you all, I'll stop at 380.

K
KPK666 09.11.21

Psenomorph
The difference between PCI Express 2.0 and 3.0 is quite tangible. Proven on my own experience. You can check the performance of the video card in games on different sites. The difference between 380 and 380x is 1-2 frames per second, between 380 and 390 is 6-8 frames. A 500 power supply will not be enough. It will certainly work, but there will be periodic freezes of the computer under loads of vidyuhi, with the risk of burning something from overvoltage. It is better to take a 650 with an efficiency of 80+, otherwise then you will have to change not only the power supply, but also the burned-out board.

K
Kraicher 09.11.21

We also need to take into account the support for DX 12. After all, all of us,
without exception, will someday switch to Win 10. SpoilerAt least, NVIDIA, together with the presentation of the GeForce GTX 980 Ti, shed light on the support of the new API. Only 2nd generation "Maxwell" graphics cards will support all of the previously mentioned features and technologies. These include the GeForce GTX Titan X, GTX 980 Ti, GTX 980, GTX 970 and GTX 960. All other graphics cards up to the GeForce 500 series with "Fermi" GPUs will be able to support DirectX 12 APIs at a basic level, users will benefit from improved driver interaction and API.

Unfortunately, from AMD's side, the picture is not so clear. The "Graphics Core Next" architecture also provides varying levels of support. GCN version 1.2 was implemented on Radeon R9 285 video cards, and we will get support in modified form on new Fiji video cards. Versions GCN 1.1 (Radeon 290 and Radeon 260 lines) and GCN 1.0 (Radeon 200 and Radeon 7000 lines) are also DirectX 12 compatible, but most likely also at the lowest level (basic). Unfortunately, AMD is not yet clear on DirectX 12 support. Some features like Asynchronous Shaders should work on all GPUs with "Graphics Core Next" architecture.

A
ARM_SERJ 09.11.21

wait for new views, but the percentage is still normal, people are still playing on quadrics