3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Grandshot 09.11.21 09:40 pm

Impressions from CBT (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)

We're sharing our impressions of the Mirror's Edge: Catalyst Closed Beta Test.
We discuss technical issues and performance in another topic.
30 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dim4ik126 09.11.21

Even something like that with the open world was not right. as for me . and dull pumping only gets in the way. in the first part, Faith was able to do everything at once, but then download her again

Z
Zloy_ParKur 09.11.21

I thought I would be interested in the game. But after playing a little I realized that my admiration for the game remained with the release of the first part. Not hooked ...

P
Pupusechka 09.11.21

Well, I have it like this: Mirror's Edge (TM) Catalyst Closed Beta has stopped working

O
OddballRus 09.11.21

Beta not impressed, I will wait for the release of the game for the final evaluation. Optimization normal i5-3570 8 RAM GTX 970 maximum settings 45-60 fps full hd.

G
GAMER_UKRAINE 09.11.21

Already ran for about 2 hours. Like so much. The main thing is not to screw up with the requirements (now everything is perfectly optimized). I'm waiting!

C
Captain Kote 09.11.21

Played beta for 3 hours and you know what? GALTURA.
I deliberately immediately took and launched 1 part after 5 years from the last launch, and there the character has inertia, movements are smoother, there is a shaking of the head, here, in general, everything is somehow not right, some kind of fait, the camera is far from so smooth, as in the original.

There are problems with graphics in general, textures seem to be washed on purpose, the backdrops of buildings do not have time to load, faces are covered in soap at the NPCs (although the render is cool there too), and how many frames can be stamped in the open world with polygonal buildings with 1 texture and graphics from the times of ps1-ps2 at the bottom of the city, where traffic goes and disappears (why run low so that everyone can see this shit?). Part 1 looks better on a pc even, and even more so with nvidia techno-logical.

The fight is controversial, spinning over the guards and mutuzat stupid like a traffic jam is too annoying, but then the game shows that you can just run ahead and take them down. Clashes like this will be in the game for sure and not a little, where you will have to revolve around opponents and it looks wretched and knocks down the whole pace.

The world was made for the sake of grinding and only, it is not at all interesting to explore it, it looks very empty and sterile due to the very style of playing in minimalism. Only story missions can be completed, the rest in style, bring me a package for a while, look for hidden handbags, and so on.

Generally too lazy to write about pumping, who could have come up with it? 20 percent has already been pumped right away, other bells and whistles ala open the world map and some elementary parkour techniques are not available.

It seems that you are playing some kind of pre-pre-alpha, they didn't give enough money for the game, the videos were very bullshot for EA, disappointment. I'm afraid to imagine that there will be a mass effect.

R
R0TW00D 09.11.21

I played for several hours, went through the available missions and realized that this was not the mirror's edge. In my opinion, the graphics are very strange, these blurring look rather pathetic and if this is a payment for an open world, then it would be better without it. The world itself is very empty and uninteresting. With the promises of an open world, I hoped that it would be possible to go down and there, along the streets, to break through people, fleeing from pursuers. In the end, I got roofs, with a pair / three of NPCs. So far, the open world has not fully justified itself.
I liked the animation of parkour very much, the control itself became more responsive, smooth (as for me), but I agree with the post above, they removed some of the charms in the movements of the GG, which gave realism.
In general, the idea is quite interesting and it's cool to run around the city of Mirrors again, but so far the game can only pull out due to the plot, which is unknown what it will be.

M
Monk78 09.11.21

I applied to participate in the beta for a very long time, but EA threw me, there is no justice)

S
SeregaMazahaka 09.11.21

Parkur_KP3
Captain Kote
R0TW00D I
completely agree. After the great first part, it just hurts to play this game. And I would be glad to blame everything on the beta, but it won't work: yes, the technical side will be corrected, but the core gameplay will be the same as in the beta, with a bunch of grind and unnecessary side effects, with a flawed combat, with uninteresting locations, the only reason to explore which - these are some kind of glowing balls, such as collectibles (why?). The only thing that can somehow pull the game out of failure is the rules of the plot, but I'm only afraid that this will not be enough. It's getting scary for the game.

R
Romanzo_Tamerici 09.11.21

played for 10 minutes and the Dx error about video memory leak took off. I don't want to go in for the second one, because of the soap it is not possible to play. The graphics are for the medium, and the hands of the enemies are painted with the same palette.

D
Danny Lamb 09.11.21

A short subjective review of the demo:

Night scenes are literally a mixture of the Blade Runner atmosphere, steam in the rain and a slit in the blinds through which the moonlight passes, and Minority Report with Tom Cruise, due to all kinds of futuristic monitors and billboards.

The kinetics of running became very smooth, approaching the last cartoon Prince of Persia. The heroine herself finalizes a lot of movements. The very dynamics of running is 1.5-2 times faster than in 1 part.

Ikarus appeared, a mysterious technology (not to be confused with the dude in the beginning) from 1 part. Finally, they began to explain what it is.

The grafon is really the same as shown.

What's bad:
Exit from the demo crashed the system. Lol. But this is already my bakery's fault in 2012.

The game plays equally poorly on medium and low. 20-25 non-smooth fps is already a sign of future "optimization".

The resolution is immutable. Attempting to run the game at a low resolution, below standard HD, creates a black border on all sides (no comment).

Changing the graphics settings from medium to low affects only minor changes. In general, the game even on the most minimal looks SIGNIFICANTLY better than 1 part. But the optimization is so muddy that medium and low settings give the same fps. Namely 20-25 + microfreezes, ala AC Unity.

In the scenes on the game engine, where you, as it were, look at the heroine as an operator and can even move the camera a little (not at the beginning), there are FPS drawdowns and some kind of microfreezes.

A
AlexSchepa 09.11.21

In the first mission I was happy - it reminded me of the first part. But then I saw what the open world had done. "It's okay" - I thought and continued to play. The first bell was that I passed another mission and postponed the passage for the next day. Then I played a little more and finally realized that I was no longer attracted by this, although just a couple of months ago I was dragging myself through the first part. And he made a conclusion for himself: an open world is not needed everywhere. Running around the same places to get to the mission is annoying, very annoying. And yet there are very few open-world locations, which might come as a surprise. You run around this world and you know - this box is for pushing off and jumping over the abyss; this fence must be climbed; run across the bridge. In the first part, each mission was made unforgettable, with its own "chips". And what is there to wait - I do not know.

M
Man_without_conscience 09.11.21

Played. Passed a couple of missions, and ...
I'll say this ...
Some elements are good, some are not. The movement is interesting. The graphics are not much better than in the battlefront, and the optimization is much worse. The world is still empty, why openworld in such a game is not clear to me. However, here it is purely IMHO, because my bakery is far from "the best".
The game has a strong taste for testing BF5 technologies. Melee, graphics, cutscenes ..

g
gloccc 09.11.21

Not hooked at all, the first part was much better. Added it is not clear why open world drochevo. The millet is annoying unreal, well, and there is no point in hoping for the plot, because it was written by everyone's beloved Rihanna Pratchett

S
Snite_Poerti 09.11.21

After playing for 10 hours, I am now very afraid for the game. First, the size of the city. I still hope that this is at least half of the city. Because in 1 hour you will learn it by heart and run back and forth. It's a little boring Secondly, the number of missions. After completing 4 main missions and 3 side missions, the progress bar reports that the story is completed by 28%. 28% Karl! Hike the game is designed for 7 hours (Although I go through the first part stably in an hour and a half). Thirdly, filling the world, I would like a bunch of side quests, and not a couple of missions for delivery and running against the clock. In general, running against the clock is not for me, I do not like to compete with other players in speed, although anyone can now make their own track, this is commendable. Hopefully the full version will have a lot of side effects. Fourth, the movement of the character. The dynamics of running has increased and now you do not need to press the spacebar + step left / right after each slowing movement (as in part 1) to quickly gain speed. Instead, you need to press RMB if the "focus" scale is full. The fall on the back and the showing of two fingers were removed. Unfortunately, we haven't added any parkour elements like somersaults, rail sprins, lacy volts, underbars, fly roll, etc. I would like a variety in acrobatics, in vain I waited for the game for 7 years :(.
Regarding optimization, it's not that bad. In the city itself, the FPS is quite comfortable even at high, if you turn off the lighting settings (although in some moments there is a slow-mo, especially when entering the shelter). But these soapy textures are completely out of place here. Loading textures is long (it even happens that you run on a monolithic white roof of one texture, and then bam - and all the objects on this roof appeared and you got stuck in some stairs). And this is wildly annoying.
As a result, I will not say that the game has become worse, but I would like more content (I hope it will be in the full version). But the fact that the developers conducted a free beta test is commendable.

N
NPhysicist 09.11.21

Passed several missions, one thought in my head revolves: "Why?"

No improvements in parkour relative to the original (I don't even want to look at the disgusting hook), the combat has surprisingly become even worse - the AI ​​of the enemies is just awful.

The open world practically does not feel open due to the specifics of the routes on the roofs - you still run along conventional "corridors", it is just that now there is sometimes more than one "corridor" to choose from.

From the plot and dialogues, I was already yawning, but there were no high expectations.

In short, I just don't see any reason to buy ME: C when the original is in no way inferior to it.

G
Grandshot 09.11.21

But I still liked parkour more than in the first part. Although it has simplified, it has become smooth and the pace never gets lost. In the first part, any minor mistake is worth the loss of speed and concentration.

N
NatanieLzZ 09.11.21

Grandshot, on the other
hand, was euphoric when it turned out to go through everything perfectly

s
serjik77 09.11.21

what are the impressions of the beta test only 4 days long, 3 of which the game rocked and then when trying to start it gave an error that it needed the nvidia 364.51 driver despite the fact that I downloaded and installed it. I will not subscribe to such beta tests anymore, the developers gave me a candy that I could not try ...

d
drag_in 09.11.21

guys, thank you for the feedback. I'm talking about her .. beta (did not have time to look). but I don't seem to have missed anything. Hike, if there is no demo torrent, I will skip this game. It's a pity. the first part was very good.