3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reddington1371 09.11.21 10:03 pm

Upgrade laptop

Good afternoon everyone) I have a question for you. Is there a rizon to upgrade this laptop. Lenovo g510. Percent core i3. 4gb opera memory. Intel hd4600 video. I wanted to increase the opera memory to 8 GB. Since GTA 5 pulls but the RAM is overloaded and the result of the frieze. Is it worth it? It's just that there is no money for a full-fledged PC yet) you have to play with what you have.
40 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

sherlock1371
Of course, you need to put the second 4GB bar.

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 09.11.21

sherlock1371
And how will you upgrade the laptop, everything is soldered there, the memory chips are already in the mother, in theory there is no slot for anything. Of course, I could be wrong, well, in general, in the laptops everything is exactly like this

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Nikita Kostyuchenko
I googled and found that on my laptop you can easily stick an opera like a cassette into a shoga)

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Thank you)

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

Nikita Kostyuchenko
With such "knowledge" about iron, it is categorically contraindicated to meddle on an iron forum.
In laptops, the operative is inserted into the SODIMM with a connector, usually there are two of them, and only one RAM bar is included in the package bundle, the second slot is free to expand the amount of RAM.
Moreover, on some laptops (for example, on mine) with discrete graphics, the socket is not BGA's, that is, the processor is not soldered, but inserted into a plug-in socket (LGA, for example). Accordingly, in such a laptop, you can replace the processor within the framework of socket compatibility.

E
Edvins 09.11.21

How, in principle, can you find out what can be upgraded in a laptop? I have an Acer Aspire 8735Z. There is no such information in the instructions.

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

Edvins
Acer Aspire 8735ZG laptop is, of course, weak.
All you can do is expand your RAM to a maximum of 8GB. Remove the 2GB bracket (which came with the kit) and install two 4GB each. It is better to buy the straps for the cheapest 1333MHz 9-9-9-24 on sixteen chips (that is, one chip - 256MB).
And if you already have 4GB, then increasing to 8GB is not worth it - a waste of money.

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Oh that's just about the type of ozu. I have one bar worth 4GB 12800 ddr3. I wanted to ask which one should I put? Is it the same or different in hertz? For example, 1333 and 1600 are some

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

sherlock1371
12800 is the bandwidth, but you need to look at the frequency and timings. 12800 MB / sec is 1600 MHz.
How did I calculate it?
Easy:
12800 64 * 8 = 1600
12800 - bandwidth in MB / sec
64 - RAM controller bus in bits (that is, 64 bits (zero and one) per clock)
8 - number of bits in one byte
1600 transmission frequency (MHz) data over a 64-bit channel (1600 clock cycles per second).
It is advisable to take the second bar at the same frequency and with the same timings. Timings can be written on a sticker that is stuck to the bar.
For example:
DDR3 1600MHz (11-11-11-28)
Timings are usually written in brackets.

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Thank you) then exactly the same should be taken. Now we need to meet the budget and find the same one. And the firm is not important, right? Every kingston there and so on. What is the main characteristic?

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

sherlock1371
The firm is just a sticker, since most firms do not produce chips, but buy them from outside. You need to look at the chips themselves (manufacturer and markings) and characteristics (frequency and timings).
By the way, after installing the second bar, it will be necessary to go into the BIOS and see at what frequency the operative was launched. If the frequency is 1333, then feel free to set 1600 and save the settings. And the timings will be set automatically to the most optimal values, which are indicated in the characteristics of the bar.

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Here is the manufacturer. Is it not very important?

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

sherlock1371 The
manufacturer of the bar is not important. The manufacturer and marking of the chips are important (black rectangles on the strips). Ideally - Hunix, Samsung or Crusial. But you should not bother about this, because you are not taking it for overclocking. Therefore, you need a bar with the same frequency and timings, the rest can be ignored.
Moreover, two strips of exactly the same model can also be on different chips. For example, one model of planks today is produced on high-quality chips from Hyunix, which can be driven and driven, and tomorrow for the same money, under the guise of the same operative, they slip us consumer goods in the form of some kind of Elpida, the chips of which only work stably at the declared frequencies, and overclocking is out of the question.

K
Kryogen 09.11.21

I can imagine how it’s playing on the inline, some hell, dude, don’t worry, there’s no point in grading such a beech, it’s easier to buy yourself a normal system unit, or sell this beech and take another one, since you’re going to play.

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal Vot
thanks everything is clear and chewed up)

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Kryogen
Yes, I agree, but at this time it will do for me) ultra and high settings are not particularly needed. On average and mines will go.

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

All the same, it is worth expanding the RAM to 8GB. Not that expensive.

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Yes, of course. I'm going to do it in the service and not myself. And then this is my first laptop

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Please take a look) just in case .. With an increase, the quality will become better

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 09.11.21

Belomorkanal I
just had a laptop, I decided to disassemble and see, everything was soldered there, well, yes, I just love system engineers, in vain I got there where I don't know, well, in general, I can study the topic for self-development, and the laptop that I was analyzing was with ddr2 memory and the video only supported opengl2.3))) by the way, there was 256mb of memory)), which at that time was not enough. Well, this is so, nostalgia)