3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reddington1371 09.11.21 10:03 pm

Upgrade laptop

Good afternoon everyone) I have a question for you. Is there a rizon to upgrade this laptop. Lenovo g510. Percent core i3. 4gb opera memory. Intel hd4600 video. I wanted to increase the opera memory to 8 GB. Since GTA 5 pulls but the RAM is overloaded and the result of the frieze. Is it worth it? It's just that there is no money for a full-fledged PC yet) you have to play with what you have.
40 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

sherlock1371
You need a SODIMM DDR3 bar with a nominal frequency of 1600 MHz 11-11-11-28 (timings are sometimes abbreviated as CL11), preferably with the same number of chips installed on the bar that is already installed (so that the chips on both bars are of the same size ). In terms of the number of chips, there are only two options: 8 by 512MB, or 16 by 256MB, I'm almost sure that it costs 8 by 512MB, but before buying it is better to look and make sure how many chips are in the complete bracket. It is not difficult with a screwdriver, hands, eyes and other organs.

N
Nikita Kostyuchenko 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
And listen, I would like to ask you, is it possible to overclock the percent of intel without the K index through the program, at least through the program? this is not supported by the mother), in short, it does not work through pci, in principle there can be no more methods, since it is impossible through the bus, but suddenly

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Belomorkanal
Uuu it's deeper than I thought) it's easier with sistemniks. Okay I will try. Thanks for the great advice)

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Nikita Kostyuchenko
And if you look for programs? I used to see a couple, but it was already in 2004), probably right now. Mdaa laptop is a separate topic. I myself have been sitting on the pc since 2004

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

Nikita Kostyuchenko
I don’t understand, what does boot and PCI have to do with it?
If the multiplier is locked and / or the chipset does not allow changing it, then the effective frequency can be increased through the bus, that is, by increasing not the multiplier, but the real frequency (bus frequency, to put it more simply). For example, a 3500 MHz CPU operates at a real frequency of 100 MHz, the effective frequency is calculated using a locked (in our case) multiplier of 35. Accordingly, increasing the real frequency to 115 MHz, we reach 4000 MHz effective.

B
Belomorkanal 09.11.21

sherlock1371 The laptop is
14 years old, I doubt very much that it could be equipped with 256MB chips, because they have long been considered obsolete. Even if you "mix" 512 and 256 chips, it is unlikely that this will lead to any significant problems noticeable in the "household" use of a PC.
So don't bother and grab the cheapest 1600 CL11 bar

M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

it is strange that 2 RAM boards are not crammed into the laptop,
so everything was packed to the eyeballs. current in one there were 3 ddr slots and 2 filled.
Well, if one memory is in a pekabuk, then of course it can be expanded. but only this, most likely, will not help much because my laptop with 8 gigs was pulling vuchdogs with about the same symptoms. it was the swap file.

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

MunchkiN 616
Save) once again do not want to see. Look, the dogs played quite well with 4GB of RAM, even better than GTA5. Only at the end the whole city started to freeze a little, or even understandably the whole city collapsed)

R
Reddington1371 09.11.21

Moreover, a storm is approaching in the form of Fallout 4) I hope the system extortion is overestimated there)

M
MunchkiN 616 09.11.21

sherlock1371
gta 5 also freezes at the moment when the swap file is cleared. In my case, this is after several hours of playing and unwillingness to master more than 9-12GB of swap file with the game. although on a laptop I did not start it up. there I have no idea what is going on but there and the disc is slower.

m
mr_deck 09.11.21

I don’t know whether they wrote it or not, but I’ll still insert my remark, the upgrade of the laptop is possible, to what extent, depends on the model. Earlier, if I'm not mistaken, it was much easier, once I was the owner of the ASUS K40IJ, and the most minimal basic configuration, but nevertheless, it was possible to replace the percent there, almost like on a stationary. Now the situation has changed, on laptops of the middle and lower price segment, the upgrade is available in the form of installing an SSD and increasing RAM, processors on these laptops have a BGA connector (you can see it in CPU-Z), and this gives us an understanding that the processor is soldered into " mother ", but a processor upgrade is possible here too, there are two ways, we find a laptop board of the same line, I saw it for my new laptop on AliExpress, and we implant it into our laptop, the second method is a soldering method, I read it, they do it, I don’t know, will it work at home, but there is such a method. I bought myself a Dell Inspiron 3542 (I35P45DDL-34): Screen 15.6 "(1366x768) HD LED, / Intel Pentium 3558U (1.7 GHz) / RAM 4 GB / HDD 500 GB / nVidia GeForce 820M, 2 GB. Changed the RAM bar to 8 -gig Kingston SODIMM DDR3L-1600 8192MB PC3L-12800 (KVR16LS11 / 8) in toys added 5-10 frames, and plans to put an SSD.I agree, the solution is, if not an upgrade, not a game, but at minimum salaries in 2015 titles you can ride Take into account that I took a laptop for work for $ 650, at a very good rate, it came out to me in a penny, in fact, on which you can play, yes, true with a tear-eyed picture, but with a good frame rate, but if the plot is good , you can and torment =) / Intel Pentium 3558U (1.7 GHz) / RAM 4 GB / HDD 500 GB / nVidia GeForce 820M, 2 GB. I changed the RAM bar to 8-gig Kingston SODIMM DDR3L-1600 8192MB PC3L-12800 (KVR16LS11 / 8) in toys added 5-10 frames, and I plan to install an SSD. I agree, the decision, if not an upgrade, not a game, but at the minimum salaries in 2015 titles you can ride. Consider that I took a laptop for work for $ 650, at a very good rate, it came out to me in a penny, in fact, on which you can play, yes, it is true with a tear-eyed picture, but with a good frame rate, but if the plot is good, you can and will suffer =) / Intel Pentium 3558U (1.7 GHz) / RAM 4 GB / HDD 500 GB / nVidia GeForce 820M, 2 GB. I changed the RAM bar to an 8-gigabyte Kingston SODIMM DDR3L-1600 8192MB PC3L-12800 (KVR16LS11 / 8) added 5-10 frames in toys, and I plan to install an SSD. I agree, the decision, if not an upgrade, not a game, but at the minimum salaries in 2015 titles you can ride. Consider that I took a laptop for work for $ 650, at a very good rate, it came out to me in a penny, in fact, on which you can play, yes, true with a tear-eyed picture, but with a good frame rate, but if the plot is good, you can and will suffer =) but at minimum salaries in 2015 titles you can ride. Consider that I took a laptop for work for $ 650, at a very good rate, it came out to me in a penny, in fact, on which you can play, yes, true with a tear-eyed picture, but with a good frame rate, but if the plot is good, you can and will suffer =) but at minimum salaries in 2015 titles you can ride. Consider that I took a laptop for work for $ 650, at a very good rate, it came out to me in a penny, in fact, on which you can play, yes, true with a tear-eyed picture, but with a good frame rate, but if the plot is good, you can and will suffer =)

m
mr_deck 09.11.21

sherlock1371
GTA 5 freezes for one simple reason, there is such a sore on all budget Intel Haswells up to i5, do not build up even with a discrete card of the 840M / 940M level it will still freeze, there is no such canoe on AMD-based laptops with similar performance.

Q
Qwynex 09.11.21

I'm going to put an SSD disk instead of a floppy drive on my Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop, the choice fell on two disks
Spoiler1. http://elmir.ua/internal_ssd-drives/drive_ssd_2_5_sata_120gb_kingston_v300_sv300s37a_120g.html

p
pochtipushkin 09.11.21

Qwynex
IMHO - better than this:
Spoylerhttp: //elmir.ua/internal_ssd-drives/drive_ssd_2_5_sata_120gb_kingston_hyperx_fury_shfs37a_120g.html#specs

Here and read / write speed of up to 11% (higher than that of a competitor) + frame for installation is available in compartment 2.5 (fines , but necessary). It should also be borne in mind that the difference in price between them is only 6%. For these 6% we will get about 10% increase in speed and less hemorrhoids when installed =)

Q
Qwynex 09.11.21

pochtipushkin
And which pocket will fit my laptop?

p
pochtipushkin 09.11.21

Qwynex
And which pocket will fit my laptop?

May nipanimai =)

Q
Qwynex 09.11.21

pochtipushkin