3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
predator999 09.11.21 11:14 pm

Politics in the Witcher (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I propose to discuss how you decided the fate of the kingdoms of the north. It is difficult to choose the lesser of two evils. On the one hand, Radovid who betrayed his allies in the war a little "with greetings" for his highest goal. Although as a ruler he is not bad with him Redania can become the strongest kingdom in the north. On the other hand, Emhyr in him, in fact, is also nothing sacred, he needs a daughter only for his own political needs, because his trading corporations have been suppressed. Roche's plan to make Temeria a vassal of the empire, in my opinion, is the worst option because, firstly, the insatiable empire will swallow almost the entire north and will not rest on this until complete world domination. Secondly, Temeria, a vassal, will need its own army and economy like a hare a stop signal because it will not have independence, will not be able to declare war,
34 Comments
Sort by:
X
X7Combinator 09.11.21

predator999
I decided that he killed Radovid, and Dijkstra became chancellor, because, for me, he is the most adequate and I agree with his point of view.

p
predator999 09.11.21

X7Combinator
Yes, but there is a significant minus, his people will kill Roche and Bianca. And it is a pity for them, they all the same helped in Kaer Morhen. It is a pity that there is no third option for Dijkstra, but the former diplomat could decide the fate of the kingdoms with Roche in the bathhouse.

J
Janekste 09.11.21

Here one thing is unambiguous: Radovid burns everyone indiscriminately at the stake (non-humans, magicians, elves in his kingdom have nothing to do) ... This means that Radovid is the highest evil, there is simply nowhere worse ... Any solution to the conflict is acceptable to me, but without Radovid's participation, he is not a king, but a cowardly executioner. Why does he destroy magicians and non-humans? Yes, because he is afraid of them ... and this even despite the fact that many nonhumans would have followed Radovid into the fire and scorching heat ... But cowardly fear prevailed over Radovid, he decided to destroy all the unwanted, and only for this reason he is the worst of the kings of the north.

In my opinion, Roche's plan is ideal. Whatever one may say, Temeria was left without a king. There is no single power in the country, everyone is fighting for the throne, a little more and a civil war would begin. Only this did not happen because of Emhyr's invasion. Roche's plan ensures that there will be peace in Temeria. This is a plan that thinks about the common people of the country. Rocher is a patriot, he wants to preserve Temeria as a state (albeit a vassal) and at the same time save as many people as possible. The problem with Roche's plan is that it's a plan to save Temeria, and no one else. But that is why he is a patriot, even a fanatic, in order to think only about his country.

You see, if Radovid wins the war, then after the war many innocent people will die at the stake. And if Emhyr wins, then at the end of the war only those suspected of conspiring against Emhyr will die. And Emgyr will not burn anyone at the stake. He will try to put things in order and live in peace with all races (and this is precisely the least evil). As for me, the choice is obvious - and it certainly is not in favor of Radovid (he is too cruel) ...

p
predator999 09.11.21

Janekste
Well, I do not know personally, I was disappointed in Roche to accept the power of the blacks in the lands of Temeria - too enslaving conditions for those who killed his compatriots. As Thaler Roche said, he is a patriot, though he is a walrus. The sorcerers were also pursued by Emhyr (it was no coincidence that they were hiding in Novigrad), they realized that all sorts of conspirators from the lodge were dangerous for the crown, and it was with Filippa that something worse had to be done for all her deeds. And with the elves there, everything is complicated, the enmity between people and older races will remain regardless of who ruled there, because even in the second war with Nilfgaard, all the scum of Scoyataels fought with the kingdoms of the north in all sorts of Vrihed brigades.
Well, and probably also the Redans will disperse the junta under the leadership of the bloody baron in Velen. They are like bandits, only dressed in the uniform of the local garrison.

L
Legion1130 09.11.21

Even if Radovid is able to unite the Northern Kingdoms, the two empires will definitely not get along peacefully, which means the wars will continue in the future. The faster Emhyr captures the North, the faster peace will come.

M
Marksman1231 09.11.21

Legion1130
Or the sooner Dijkstra takes over Nilfgaard, the sooner peace will come. Dijsktra surpasses all the kings of the North in intelligence and experience in government. It is possible that he will be able to gather the strongest army and capture the South, or at least push back beyond the Yaruga.

i
icebear2 09.11.21

predator999
Articles are updated only about Roche and Thaler, but not about Bianca, maybe he didn't kill her, and it’s unlikely if Dijkstra is not a complete moron at all, she doesn’t know much, she just follows orders (their relationship is visible when you go to save Bianca).

i
icebear2 09.11.21

Janekste
Evil is evil, even lesser evil always leads to greater evil, evil is not hidden by names, it has always been banners, especially the choice about the future of the Kingdoms of the North, any choice leads to evil, be it Dijkstra, Roche (Emhyr) or Radovid.

Evil has ceased to be chaotic. It ceased to be a blind and elemental force, against which the witcher, a mutant, as murderous and as chaotic as Evil itself, was called upon to act. Today, Evil rules the laws - for the laws serve him. It acts in accordance with the concluded peace treaties, since they thought about it, Evil, when concluding these treaties.

Evil is evil, lesser, greater, mean; everything is one, the proportions are conditional, and the boundaries are blurred.

There are simply Evil and Big Evil, and behind both of them, a Very Big Evil is hiding in the shadows. A Very Big Evil, Geralt, this is something that you cannot even imagine, even if you think that nothing is able to surprise you. And you know, Geralt, sometimes it happens that a Very Big Evil grabs you by the throat and says: “Choose, brother, either I, or the one that is a little smaller”.

L
Lyakseich 09.11.21

and my Geralt does not give a shit about states and rulers, he protects friends in any situation, Radovi the psycho is killed, Dijkstra-spies and the bandyugan too, Thaler, Roche and Bianca are alive. Novigrad is captured by Emgyrych, and the empire will be ruled by Ciri.

N
Nhilium 09.11.21

Well, I chose Roche not because I love him so much, but what is most logical, when Nilfgaard finally captures the Kingdom of the North. Near Nilfgaard itself, half of the conquered lands act as you (s) alas, but this does not prevent them from living and some are very good at living. The same Toussaint for example. For if you choose Dijkstra, then yes, Redania will get stronger like all the kingdoms of the North under his rule. Emhyr will die from traitors, BUT! it will not stop the war. The old Emperor will be replaced by a new and possibly some kind of clever in tactics and strategy emperor-commander who longs to get the Kingdom of the North. And a new war cannot be avoided. What is unambiguously hinted at in the ending. The inevitable and bloody war of attrition will begin again.

It is important for the tsar, politicians and important bigwigs in power that the lands are not under you (with) an allegiance, and the common people do not care how to live, so long as they do not kill, but do not rob. Many lands of the Northern Kingdoms are like devastated and scorched valleys where there are only marauders, mutants and death.

Personally, I did not notice anything wrong with the arrival of Nilfgaard. At last the wars will end. People will live normally without fear and horror of the next inevitable war with the nilfs. People will stop treating other nations with senseless racism. Riots, pogroms, murders against the background of hostility of races will stop. Finally, there will be mutually beneficial cooperation between two hitherto irreconcilable opponents. Ciri will finally take the throne and become empress. Good or bad, time will tell, but it can be assumed that the actions of the young and energetic empress can have the highest impact. For example, the revival of witcher schools and a strong improvement in the lives of ordinary people.
Geralt will finally take a break from middle political strife. At the Court of Nilfgaard, his "Child of the Surprise" is sitting on the throne.

L
Legion1130 09.11.21

Marksman1231
It is doubtful that Dijkstra can defeat Nilfgaard: the kingdoms of the North are divided and exhausted, and Nilfgaard is leading a successful offensive.

M
Marksman1231 09.11.21

Legion1130
I do not argue, it takes time to create a powerful army, but in Nilfgaard not everything is so smooth.

M
ManowaR 09.11.21

Ahaha !! Sofa politicians!

i
icebear2 09.11.21

Nhilium
You probably have not read books and history, the nilfgaard will spread rot on all northerners because they are not like the nilfs, for this I hate them and I don’t want to give them victory (and the fact that in the previous war the nilfs promised Foltest not to attack Temeria, but themselves attacked her meanly). And the next. Morvin Voorhris claims the throne. To say Uncle Vesemir, if the North were captured by the Nilfs, he was clearly at the beginning of the game for the Northern Kingdoms (he says what about ours, who are ours? Well, the Northern Kingdoms (or the North)) somehow. Honestly, the second time passing, I don't even know who to choose Roche - the victory of the nilfs and the northerners will have to oppress them, Dijkstra is the victory of the North, but the loss of friends who trusted you in the second part and helped to escape, here for me personally is a big dilemma just in this question. Although Geralt was not supposed to interfere, they did it,

M
Mad_est 09.11.21

Personally, I think that under Dijkstra it will be better, for he is an experienced person and capable of pulling the empire of the north. No matter how brilliant Emhyr is, he merges by default if Geralt does not interfere in politics. Such a peculiar hint that blacks will get in the teeth every time. Now, the Yaruga will be even more fortified, and the empire of the blacks will be opposed by the empire of the north. Kovir with the Skellige Islands can also be attributed to the allies of the northerners. Tancred, unlike his father, does not try too hard to remain neutral. And if necessary, he will help the northerners, as well as Skellige, where they initially hate the nilfs. Ultimately, fighting against: the empires of the north, Kovir and Skellige is completely useless. As for the very choice between Dijkstroy and Roche, Thaler and Bianca - this is stupidity. Dijkstra would not have killed them in front of Geralt, but oh well. Personally, I choose Dijkstra, because Roche, Thaler and Bianca are not Geralt's friends, no matter how cute they are to me. Their relationship is: "Bash on bash" or "hand washes your hand" no more. Yes, and to make one vassal state, and give the rest of the north - this is stupidity. Especially when you consider that Emhyr keeps his word only when it suits him. And it is not known how long this "independence" of Temeria will last.

D
DarkStratos 09.11.21

Nhilium
Utopia friend! Utopia! Wars will never end, it's just beneficial for everyone!

B
Boehringer 09.11.21

If we are talking about politics, then decision-making must be divided into objective-political and subjective-moral. Objectively, it is necessary to assist in the murder of Ymgyr, on whose hands there is the blood of the kings of the second part. Support Dijkstra who will not give up Aedirn. And of course to kill Rodovit. Subjectively ... doom Roche and Bianca, this is meanness after their help to Geralt. From the second part, Geralt also owes a lot to Roche, who believed him. And of course, one should not forget that Ymgyr is Ciri's father ... and to kill him ... It is unlikely that Ciri would approve of Tsmhyr's murder, even taking into account that he is a radish. Is that Rodovid falls under the distribution in both cases.

p
predator999 09.11.21

halamor Why
should Ciri love Emhyr? For killing her mother and massacring the Center? And in general, to make Ciri the empress is a bad idea, she has no experience in political intrigues, if she has been chasing drowned people all her life, it's like you are an ordinary hard worker to appoint the president of the Russian Federation. If she becomes empress, at best she will be Philippa's puppet.

B
Boehringer 09.11.21

predator999
I do not suggest making Ciri an empress. With her gift for world travel, she'd better be free. Just from a morally ethical point of view, killing the father of an adopted daughter seems to me an overkill.

N
Nhilium 09.11.21

icebear2

And here you have not read books and history? Why would Nilfgaard suddenly spread rot Northerners, if they become under a vassal oath? Something I did not notice that the vassal Temeria at the end of the credits was experiencing severe suffering. Yes, the vassal oath is not sugar, but it is much better than constant war, devastation, death and wasteland instead of a factory or a village. Nilfgaard, by the way, was also formed from the captured lands and later united into an empire. They also spread rot? And if it were, they would not have created such a powerful and prosperous Empire. Yes, the indigenous people will be considered residents downstream of the Alba River. But there are plenty of those states that flourish in Nilfgaard, although they are not considered indigenous. An example of Cahir from the books, who was not a native resident, but achieved a high status under the Emperor himself. So useful and necessary people,
The fact that Dijkstra took the helm does not prove anything. Yes, he is a smart man and a former chief of intelligence and is trying to create production at the very least using rather tough methods and preparing for a new war, but as the leader of an entire country? Moreover, he is no longer young. No heirs, what after? No matter how the North plunged into the darkness of the civil war and the attacks of Nilfgaard and other fun.
Personally, I think that you see Nilfgaard only as an insidious evil, which can bring nothing good. And I personally believe that the Kingdoms of the North are evil. Bunches of swollen kings on their piece of land, doing what they want and wanted to spit on ordinary residents. Constant riots and pogroms of non-humans are everywhere. and so on. And Nilfgaard is that savior and they are a problem only for the authorities, for they can take away a toy from them. And I also think about ordinary people who themselves often praise Nilfgaard. Example Location White Garden.
As for the war, which "lives" Nilfgaard, there are Ophir, Zerrikania and other countries lying around the mountains.

There will always be wars who argue. But you can avoid direct and another long and exhausting war. Maybe war will come, in 10-20-30 years, when Emhyr, for example, dies. But 30! years of peace is also good than an endless war of attrition and cutting. In fact, the North suffers, because the armies of Nilfgaard are marching on it.

PS In short, I think that we will not come to an agreement and understanding. You see the meaning in your idea, I see it in mine. And as rulers of the Northern Kingdoms, we will only fight.