3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 10.11.21 02:38 pm

DDR4: is it worth the upgrade? v.2

continuation of this topic:
http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/ram/ddr4_stoit_li_perehodit_na_novuyu_pamyat_ili_skolko_prozhivyot_ddr3-846434/
152 Comments
Sort by:
U
Undobravo 10.11.21

I think it's too early to judge DDR4. Obviously, the frequency for DDR4 is 4000+ MHz. What is now available on the market cannot boast of impressive characteristics in comparison with the previous generation. The market should be filled with processors with its support, motherboards with support for high frequencies, along with this, high-frequency models will appear, then it will be clear which manufacturer and which bars are capable of what.

W
Wandirecthion 10.11.21

It's too early to switch to ddr4, especially for those who just play. There are also models of the same crashed ddr3 that are not inferior to ddr4, and even show themselves better.

U
Undobravo 10.11.21

Wandirecthion
On the bill they show themselves better - I doubt it, but on the account of the fact that there are some models that are almost identical in characteristics - I agree. In general, now, I see it as not a very smart decision to buy a computer with DDR4, in general any, be it the super premium Corsair Dominator, the middle segment ballitsix sport or the cheapest AMD bar. In half a year or a year, models will come out for the same money, but much more with better characteristics and there will be at least some adequate choice of processors for it.

T
TerraInkognito 10.11.21

Wandire
How can ddr3 be better than ddr4?

i
iCad 10.11.21

TerraInkognito
No way, if you compare Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 8192MB PC4-19200 (BLS8G4D240FSA) and Crucial DDR3 1866MHz Ballistix Sport XT (BLS8G3D18ADS3CEU), then sport ddr4 already has an advantage in clock frequency!

T
TooOld_TooCold 10.11.21

depending on the purpose - definitely not for games! http://ru.gecid.com/ram/ddr4-2800_corsair_vengeance_lpx_cmk16gx4m4a2800c16/?s=all an
increase in several fps better to use to buy a cooler video card

[
[MayzeP_CTaLiHa] 10.11.21

Am I still on DDR2? I can't update everything)

R
Red Barels 10.11.21

Spoiler

i
iCad 10.11.21

[MayzeP_CTaLiHa]
With such prices for normal hardware, it will take a very long time to save up))) The main processor and mother should be changed, and then the hands will reach the RAM))

U
Undobravo 10.11.21

iCad
What's wrong ? Find the most expensive DDR3 bar and look at its specifications, they will be better than those of the budget DDR4 models.

W
Wandirecthion 10.11.21

iCad
And you not only compare Krushelovskie. Take a good ddr3 and compare it with the budget ddr4, and you will see that ddr3 is in fact not inferior to anything

v
vladteterev85 10.11.21

Wandirecthion
I will say more - they are almost equal in price. So buying ddr4 is not that expensive compared to ddr3 with the same characteristics. And some ddr3 on the characteristics make budget ddr4. So a good ddr3 is already at a price not inferior to the average ddr4

U
Undobravo 10.11.21

A good ddr3, by the way, is at the level of the same budget ddr4. That's just, you can't drive such a good ddr3, but you can't drive a budget ddr4. The question here is that the rest of the hardware under ddr4 will cost a pretty penny, despite the fact that there is no particular need for it.

i
iCad 10.11.21

Undobravo
I found 2 identical RAMs ddr3 - kingston and corsair, both have a frequency of 2400 MHz, but the corsair has 3k more expensive than kingston, and if we also take into account that the corsair's RAM has a voltage higher than that of kingston 1.65 and 1.5, then this is a comedy finita. And now the question: is this a new scam ????

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

The topic has gained tremendous popularity, so I want to ask local experts:
In addition to the obvious things, like what DDR4 is done on the same chips as DDR3 (mainly on Hynix AFR / MFR), it follows that the frequency potential of DDR3 and DDR4 is similar, and In addition to the fact that the memory bus bandwidth remained at the 64bit DIMM mark (which in turn means the same bandwidth / freq), there is the fact that DDR3 and DDR4 are not compatible, and therefore the transition to the "new memory" means just switching to a platform that supports DDR4 (i.e. Haswell-E or Skylake). In other words, you cannot choose between DDR3 4 within the same platform, with the exception of some motherboards based on LGA1151, and given that low-voltage DDR3 is installed there, you are unlikely to want it.

And my question is actually the following: what is the topic about?

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
I scrolled the wheel of my KANA V2 and saw the following words: “DDR4: is it worth switching to a new memory?

W
Wandirecthion 10.11.21

iCad
No, not worth it. I will sit on my crash ddr3, and do not care about this

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

iCad
So what, what is the consensus?
And then the thought that the people do not have a comprehensive understanding of what they are discussing here always creeps into my head.

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
Is it bad now to discuss various topics or problems that we face in the computer field, namely with the RAM ?? Everyone has a different opinion and in 2 messages we will not write that you can switch to ddr4?

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

The opinion is based on knowledge and not on ignorance)

-Sergey Viktorovich- I'm starting to think that if I were a moderator, I would turn around here)