3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 10.11.21 02:38 pm

DDR4: is it worth the upgrade? v.2

continuation of this topic:
http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/ram/ddr4_stoit_li_perehodit_na_novuyu_pamyat_ili_skolko_prozhivyot_ddr3-846434/
152 Comments
Sort by:
i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul Do
you think there are unlucky people sitting here ???

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

Well, over the past 2 years that I have been actively sitting here, I have not seen a single one who would have understood in detail the mechanism of operation of the operative.
Although I could of course be wrong.

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
Well, I'm not saying that someone here knows in detail how the RAM works, but they understand. Honestly, did you not like my post about two identical crushy RAMs or am I mistaken and you just do not like the whole topic?

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

iCad
but they understand
Yes, there are some here, only they do not participate in this topic, just because of the understanding of what I mentioned in the first post (which, in my opinion, exhaustively makes it clear that I "do not like" in this topic).

As for your question about 2 identical bars: it is not appropriate to compare DDR3 and DDR4 due to their incompatibility. As for the comment:
I found 2 identical RAMs ddr3 - kingston and corsair, both have a frequency of 2400 MHz, but the corsair costs 3k more than kingston, and if we also take into account that the corsair's RAM has a voltage higher than that of kingston 1.65 and 1, 5, then this is a comedy finita. And now the question: is this a new scam ????
you do not even give the links or the exact names of the modules you are talking about, you do not even name their volume. What can you comment on after that? Frequency and voltage by themselves do not say anything, because voltage is primarily needed to lower the timings, and not to increase the frequency: for example, 2400 at a voltage of 1.5 most likely have cas 11, and then there can probably be any chips , any hinix, or some kind of second-rate samsung, and at least 2 at least 4gbit,. And 2400 with a voltage of 1.65 can be, for example, 9-11-11, then it's SEC D, or 9-11-10, then it's AFR, or 10-12-11, then it's B / CFR, and so on. Are they the same at the same time? Never.

In addition, the factory selection algorithm, the so-called factory bin or pre-bin, is very different for Kingston and Corsair. For example, Dom Plat 2666c10, which cost $ 400 for a 16GB kit, are in demand, although there is a similar bin on trident or team extreme, which are much cheaper. And all because the house, even with all its vulgar pop, with an enviable frequency, shows 2800c9 at a voltage of <1.95v.
Kingston, as far as I know, does not shine with new DDR3, they stopped taking after the end of the era of 2GB modules, there they had good copies on BBSE / BDBG.

(PS although right now they say the best DDR4 MFR is just on Kingston 2666c13)

D
Digic_07 10.11.21

DartMaul
No, you are not mistaken, you can say a relic, the only one

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
Well, let's start with the fact that those RAMs that I compared, they are both ddr3, namely Corsair DDR3-2400 16384MB PC3-19200 (Kit of 2x8192) Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX3M2A2400C11) Black and Kingston DDR3-2400 16384MB PC3-19200 memory (Kit of 2x8192MB) (HX324C11T3K2 / 16), and what was above about Krushil's RAM (sport), I know that the connectors in the motherboard are suitable only for RAMs of the same class!

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

iCad
For starters, both modules are 1.65v.
Those that Kingston are most likely 4Gbit BFR (probably the only chips with a distinctive feature tRP> tRCD)
Corsairs are definitely Hynix (because v5), which ones, I find it difficult to answer, most likely MFR.

Is the difference 3k worth in this case? I do not think. MFR is certainly better, but you can't get low timings either there or there, and in terms of frequency, both of them look not bad.
In this case, it is mainly overpayment for the brand. The Corsair always took money for the Dominator line, though it's not entirely clear why they spank these radios on 1866 modules and the like.

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
I read all this and wrote above, just without going into such details, maybe this is my mistake, but now you are convinced that the scam is in 3k? As for me, here is a more normal memory for ddr3 Crucial DDR3-1866 4096MB PC3-14900 Ballistix Sport XT, the voltage for ddr3 is normal, and the timings are small, and if you try, you can overclock it to 2k.

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

iCad
I read all this and wrote above, just without going into such details.
I feel an enviable share of guile.
The difference between what you write and what I write is that you do not distinguish between these modules, and because you think that the difference in price is not justified. And I distinguish them, and I can imagine exactly what the difference is. And the main thing is that you will not distinguish other modules from each other, you will also consider that the difference in price is not justified, but I'm ready to pay for good memory.
The regulars of our forum know that I’m focused on this topic, more than a dozen very rare copies have passed through my hands, for which I have spent a lot.

As for Crucial, now they make all DDR3 on microns, which means there is nothing to catch there.

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
Well, for that matter, why shouldn't you take crushing machines because of the micron?

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
Have you already seen the new bar from G.Skill ??

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

Which one? 5th ripjavs? Well, yes, they are poor. Although the new tridents are quite nothing. And the 4th ripjavs is also normal.
Although my top3 (externally) from G.skill is of course Pi (new), Flare and RipjawsZ

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
http://www.thg.ru/technews/20150820_120413.html
I'm talking about these RAMs , who needs such power?)

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

I'm more interested in how many skylakes they knocked off before they found such an IMC.
As for memory, at such an exhibition they somehow showed tridents on PSC with bin 2500c8 (if my memory serves me right).
An absolutely freaky result (at 1.65v, of course), but these trims never went on sale.
This is a special bean for the exhibition.

W
Wandirecthion 10.11.21

iCad
Krushel is not something that should not be taken because of the micron, here you rather need to find out why it is worth taking rather than not taking

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

Considering that the performance of the RAM has a noticeable effect only on the performance of the graphics built into the percent (due to the lack of its own memory) and the fact that most of the local inhabitants will neither run benchmarks for memory performance, nor overclock it (since they obviously have no idea how This is done), discussion of the RAM generally loses all meaning: you buy the cheapest one and you are happy.

d
dobro4insky 10.11.21

DartMaul
(since they obviously have no idea how to do this)
Since it is clear that it makes no sense and bothering with 2% performance at best is meaningless, right?

D
DartMaul 10.11.21

dobro4insky
Well, I do it out of love for beauty, and partly because a successful super pi run evokes in me the same emotions as watching a match with your favorite team in a football fan. And in general, probably everyone has their own motives.

In general, where did I start posting in this thread: the irony is that a lot of people who do not need and are not interested in the RAM are fiercely discussing it, even mostly without understanding what it is about) Why?)

d
dobro4insky 10.11.21

DartMaul
Well, why why? They want to be in motion, only here is the place to post nonsense, it would be better if they read literature in order to have an idea ... This is a purely personal opinion ...

i
iCad 10.11.21

DartMaul
I'm not as versed in RAM as you are, but I can understand what's what, I know that the micron radiators were crashing, what the frequency is responsible for, what is the volume, what is the timing, how to overclock, but I don’t understand how to me will radiators help ???