3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Devil freemen 10.11.21 02:51 pm

Book or game? (The Witcher)

What's better?
112 Comments
Sort by:
M
Metal Boss 0xE 10.11.21

The book rules.

S
SVAEIG 10.11.21

The script of the game is much rougher than that of Sapkowski ... But the spirit of the book is preserved ...

a
alarich 10.11.21

the game, of course, there is no desire to waste time on such books, it is better to master the castaneda to the end.

L
Lуnх 10.11.21

The game prompted me to buy Sapkowski's books. The importance of both should not be underestimated. They complement each other perfectly. But the movie after the game made a disgusting impression on me. I even regretted watching it.
Well, and also, since the ending in the game (for all my great love for this toy) is not ice, the book solves this issue if a person has imagination. It gives room to the imagination and the opportunity to come up with and compare the plots of books and games, and interpret this ending as he pleases. In addition, they provide a more complete overview of the events and pre-events of what is happening in the game. I think that a bundle of game + books is better.

a
angeldar 10.11.21

After getting to know the game, I listened to the first part of the saga as an audiobook. I liked it, later I read the whole series in a binge.

It so happened that I was able to play normally after reading the entire series (on an old machine with a GF5200 with lags and 20 minute downloads, I got to act 2 and decided that was enough for me), but I was only glad. The game has a huge number of references to the book and heroes.

Books are certainly better, but together with the game - it's generally great.

S
ShаQ 10.11.21

Well, first there was a game, then a book, but a book is better.

m
m1khal 10.11.21

the book is better !!!!!!!

M
MonkeyMonk 10.11.21

The book is required, the game is optional.

G
Gwynne 10.11.21

Long before the release of the game, even in the announcement, I was interested in what is good about the author of the books, I found the first one and then read the entire series completely and I do not regret in the game a lot of references to Angie's books and sometimes you do not understand what the NPC is talking about, the book and the game are optimal!

P
PedoBear 10.11.21

I played the game, did not read the book. I can't read ((((

m
m1khal 10.11.21

Hairy Stallion - it's bad with you))))

S
Screwy 10.11.21

I am for books.

m
m1khal 10.11.21

Books have always been better than games! IMHO

T
Touran 10.11.21

as for me - it is much more interesting to kill time by playing than by reading. But this is my purely personal opinion

D
Dill 10.11.21

The game.

M
Morgray 10.11.21

Better to read a book and play a game, both are masterpieces. In addition, as mentioned above, the game has a lot of references and allusions to books.

S
SVAEIG 10.11.21

But there are too many references in the game, sometimes the copied dialogues from the book are annoying, the scriptwriters could well have written their own. That is why Geralt quotes Bonart ("Play music", but this is only in the Polish version)?

M
Mishan P. 10.11.21

In this case, the game is more interesting than the book.

A
Antimad 10.11.21

It does not interfere.

O
Observing_Vampire 10.11.21

game and books ...