3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman L. 10.11.21 02:51 pm

New Engine - Frostbite 2 [joy or sorrow?] (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)

Are you glad that Mirror's Edge 2 is being built with the new engine, presumably Frostbite 2.0!
25 Comments
Sort by:
S
SystemN7 10.11.21

Wasn't that obvious, wasn't it? Creating a sequel on an outdated engine is at least silly.

t
tabak96 10.11.21

The engine on which the Battle 3 is made. Clearly happy.

K
Kolobok57 10.11.21

Of course glad)

E
Energie_ 10.11.21

It's even good that mirrorsedge2 will be after the battlefield - they will just find all the jambs and shortcomings.
The game developers will be prepared and will more thoroughly take on the sequel.

K
Kolobok57 10.11.21

Yes, yes, +1 all the bugs of the new engine will be removed and it will be very good)
Honestly, I can't imagine Mirrors Edge 2 on the new engine ...

M
Maickle fort 10.11.21

Honestly, I can't imagine Mirrors Edge 2 on the new engine ...
so watch the engine trailer

K
Kolobok57 10.11.21

I meant a game of action - complete destructibility of the super graph, and so on)

K
Kostyan K2stalker 10.11.21

Complete destructibility in parkour game -: D

K
Kolobok57 10.11.21

Mario32ru Quite the
opposite Mirror's Edge is a game supported by nVidia

E
Energie_ 10.11.21

Kolobok57
This support is expressed in only one physics, which was present in the UE3 engine.
Frostbyte2, alas, will be deprived of this.

K
Kolobok57 10.11.21

Well, let's see, Battlefield 3 will show everything)

D
Darkslayerr 10.11.21

I meant the game in action - the complete destructibility of the super graph, and so on)
And what did you displease with the graph in the original? ...

M
Maickle fort 10.11.21

I think DICE didn’t want to edit the ME1 engine (well, after all, it’s not very technologically advanced) and from the very beginning they made the game on Frost2.
80% - there will be no destruction. They just won't be used. Why parkour game of destruction? And the lighting there is very ...

E
Energie_ 10.11.21

I liked the graphics of the alpha battlefield, I think there will be no disappointments about it.

k
kavasaki1221 10.11.21

in the mirror's edge the graph was nowhere better, so I don't care about this frostbite 2

F
Festr .. 10.11.21

Maickle Fort
Why Parkour Destruction Game?
Well, such as the supports collapse and the floor / walls are thin to break through ... The main thing is to be very moderate.

b
bubble trouble 10.11.21

The developers made such beauty on the dusty UE3 engine, and it takes my breath away when I represent the city from the second part already on the high-tech frostbite-2. And by the way, destructibility can really come in handy. Not in the gameplay - so in the level of entertainment - that's for sure. At one time I updated the computer only in order to see how bullets tear fabric into shreds and break glass. Since the days of the Red Faction, I have not said "Wow" when looking at the shards of windows and shop windows.

S
Snite_Poerti 10.11.21

Actually, Frostbyte is already 3.0, not 2.0

A
Anderby 10.11.21

What a nafig difference, if only the game was good.

b
benderlab 10.11.21

Energie_
can always add physics on OpenCL like in tressFX, which will work on all views. Most likely it will be so, I am for burying exclusive technologies that slow down the market and for the development of unified and free ones.