3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SpacePRedator014 10.11.21 03:50 pm

Impressions of the alpha version of DooM (Doom (2016))

Well, what can I say then ... in fact, those who played Quake 3 Arena are likely to cry when they play DooM (2016) :) essentially the same thing, the gameplay is fast, the maps are small, the graphics are of average high quality, the optimization is good, at maximum settings below 45 FPS the game does not fall, the only thing is that 12 people are not enough even for such cards, you could have at least 18 people ( 9 to 9) to do, but since I'm not a fan of this kind of multiplayer where you have to arrange dances with the enemy to kill, and the battle begins after 2 steps, then for me multiplayer is nothing, so, I just went in and shot one round, still most of all I look forward to the campaign and a bunch of demons,the good thing is that at least for optimization, unless of course the developers screw up with the release version, you should not worry, good luck to everyone;)
25 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mewel 10.11.21

to quake 3, even to ku 4 is far away. everything is awkward. looks more like a spell in mechanics. and this does not fit any dummy or quake.
optimization, not bad. Anril's alpha shows itself better.
I didn't like the multiplayer. I'm waiting for the single.

c
cripples 10.11.21

Fire))))), since the time of quake 3 arena I have not experienced such sensations, they still know how to make jokes in idi sotfer))))))

S
Stelsgeim11 10.11.21

Yes, I completely agree with you.

F
FoXtrot777 10.11.21

The developers promised us a new quake, but this is definitely not quake. At least because in this game for some reason they made it so that weapons are not lying around on the map, but are issued when choosing sets of equipment. CHOICE OF EQUIPMENT IN DOOM * e, CARL !!!

P
PoZZitivUA 10.11.21

It's too early to talk about points. I was pleased with the optimization, although I'm not happy with the cartoon anymore)))

t
totktonada 10.11.21

In general, there are two maps, one from the alphatest itself, the second test, with all the weapons and pickups.
The multiplayer does not work, but if you uncheck the dedicaled server box, you can drive alone or with bots.
The gameplay is decent, there are some solutions that may confuse, but the game is not spoiled and after a couple of hours it seems justified, at least within the framework of a light post-shooting for noobs.
The only thing, a shotgun, and a double-barreled one, is too weak, a completely useless fart.
But there is a real trouble - grafon. For all the excellent work of the artists, pixelated textures, dull even weapons in their hands, and sprite fire as in the very first thought of 1994. Perhaps it's just the graphics of the consoles and the peka-boyar buns weren't delivered, but I'm upset.

UPD
With the help of console commands, you can play on a multiplayer map according to the rules of a single - the running speed is higher, the weapon behaves in a completely different way.

S
SanSanZ 10.11.21

I really liked it, I made a pre-order for a reason. Online works. As always, it works much better on AMD ID tech (I checked it with a friend), but the optimizer should be enough for everyone. The gameplay, as I expected, is not a quake, but an old one in a new package. A 13-hour plot with secrets, co-op, map editor, many multiplayer modes, meat, a little old school and all this in an AAA project, one dream seems to have come true :)

T
Tommy_Koratel 10.11.21

guys this is an awesome game. but unfortunately I won't be able to play normally because of the crappy PC (((

f
fog666666 10.11.21

yes the picture is 2010 and the requirements are getting fatter where are you krytek all the same cool singles you got

P
PirateTorrentLove 10.11.21

no one will tell you why the gtx 750 ti gives out 2-3 frames?

d
deIIis 10.11.21

Pirate474747
so this is the alpha version of the game

Tommy_Koratel
there is an alternative, time-tested
Spoilerhttp: //www.quakelive.com/

H
HamataYoshi 10.11.21

Someone tell me what to do - there is a key for pre-ordering wolfenstain for the beta test, the steam key does not accept this. How do you get to alpha?

S
Spartacus1971 10.11.21

In short, I launched the alpha, everything flies in full HD, and the graphics are good, only there is no single, I will wait.

S
Spartacus1971 10.11.21

HamataYoshi Run
like this.
1. Select Multiplayer, Private match -> Match Settings and change the Minimum client limit to a value higher than 1 (for example 5).
2. Uncheck the dedicated server box.
3. Go back (with the escape button) and press Start game

H
HamataYoshi 10.11.21

Spartacus1971
Thanks, it worked, I thought it wouldn't start at all if there is no incentive

p
prodigy007 10.11.21

garbage dump horror even 21: 9 no

p
pit80 10.11.21

fin1977
Agree. The picture resembled quake III in terms of graphics.
If the ending will be with the same picture. That, the requirements are really overstated. Even 2007 has a steeper schedule. (Feeling, even DOOM III will be more beautiful).

And what was the trailer;))))) (as always in other matters).

p
pit80 10.11.21

Really expected more. (Considering what the trailer was).

J
JimmiNeiton 10.11.21

No video reviews since beta? I would like to know more about how things are going there and whether it is worth taking the game. Or is it just another release just for the money on the old popularity.

r
regeger 10.11.21

This is certainly not Kwaka, but for a fun time-killing with myasokrovischey the most))) That's why Doom is meaningless meat for a fan.