3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Roman Postov 10.11.21 04:21 pm

Windows 10 pro license is running out of space on drive C

Please help me solve the problem, The bottom line is this: when it was updated to 10k on disk C there was 80GB of free space, the disk itself was 150GB. Approximately 6 swap file. Now I started looking at the space on the C drive left 21.3 GB. Where did everything go? Sun points deleted unnecessary, temporary files too. I do not put games on the C drive. What could be the reason?
27 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 10.11.21

Roman Postov
In addition to the swap file on the disk, the hibernation file also takes up space - how much RAM it takes up on the system partition. Did you do disk cleanup for a long time? In addition to it, you can use third-party programs.

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

SonyK.
I still use Revo Uninstaller Pro, but still don't understand what the memory is doing. Well, + 16GB is still busy. Where did the rest go?

t
tesla707 10.11.21

Roman Postov wrote:
updated to 10k
Windows.Old?
go to C: Windows System32 look for cleanmgr (or Win + R cleanmgr Enter) - View system files - Advanced - System Restore and Shadow Copies - Clean - Disk Cleanup - select all checkboxes - Ok - Delete files

then run CCleaner

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

tesla707
Through cleaning nothing helped. Now I scan through ccleaner. Appdata local temp apparently found a lot of files. A few minutes already checks the files there

a
alexzet3 10.11.21

cut off updates, otherwise
it will pump up garbage
like any Windows

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

tesla707
30 GB free. Another 50 must be found))

A
Achmed the Dead Terrorist 10.11.21

Roman Posts
C: Windows SoftwareDistribution Download

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

Achmed the Dead Terrorist
there 228 kb

T
Tunngle 10.11.21

With the help of Reg Organizer, go through the system, sometimes it helps, I freed 3 gigs from the Windows folder
UPD: In My documents look at the folders there, any unnecessary junk can accumulate there

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

Tunngle
Achmed the Dead Terrorist
alexzet3
tesla707 I
went through all the folders, it shows that the "Users" folder weighs 87GB. Namely, my profile Roman weighs so much

S
SonyK_2 10.11.21

Roman Postov
The main folders in which there is "garbage":
Spoiler
And also folders for unpacking drivers - such as NVidia, etc. Correctly wrote to you above - try Reg Organizer. I constantly use it - not only cleans the system, but also "heals" the registry, and helps to remove "tails" from remote programs.

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

SonyK.
I cleaned it with the Organizer, 34.8 GB already, there was only this folder, users-Roman. There 87 GB

S
SonyK_2 10.11.21

Roman Postov
Now look for folders with large sizes inside it. For comparison, my folder is ALL users - see the difference with yours?
Spoiler

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

SonyK.
And here is already such a joke, Folder Roman 87GB. I'm already looking for a folder in it, at most 1.39GB documents

S
SonyK_2 10.11.21

Roman Postov Enabled the
display of hidden files?

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

SonyK.
Yes. I figured everything out. There were some files from the old application, they weighed a total of 80 GB. Thank you very much for your help. Very helpful)

T
Tunngle 10.11.21

Roman Postov
So you have so much rubbish in your AppData folder?

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

Tunngle
Next, a little app date, there are so many files accumulated from 1 application

S
SonyK_2 10.11.21

Roman Postov
What kind of application (if not a secret)? - the most interesting was what software leaves so much "garbage" ...

R
Roman Postov 10.11.21

SonyK.
to record video from the screen. Saved video and audio tracks in 2 places where installed and in the appadata folder