3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
bloodraine 10.11.21 07:38 pm

Legendary - is there anyone? (XCOM 2)

Sorry for the idiotic question, but are there those who passed on the Legend ??
I just bought the game today, and since I almost always do it now I set the highest difficulty. And at the very first mission, he thoroughly arrived. IT'S GENERALLY POSSIBLE TO GO HARD and without the load of hundreds of saves "What if you get lucky like this?"?!?!?!?!
73 Comments
Sort by:
Y
Yuri Tuboltsev 10.11.21

saa0891 wrote:
As if someone prevented you from simply not using saves, kill start the mission again, what an excuse for your non-skill.
Where did I write about the inability or excuse, and that there you can not be able to play the veteran with saves?
It's about the fact that there is no feeling when a soldier dies or even the whole team lies down and you understand that NOTHING can be done.
Who would not say what but play knowing for sure that the download will not change everything. It looks like you haven't tried the Legend terminator at all.
And when playing without a terminator, there is always a temptation to roll back a bad move.
Another thing is that the balance is not at all ideal, according to the legend, I have not yet received the first armor and magnetic weapons, put the whole team just to spit, and it will be a dumb random to blame and not crooked hands. But already in the middle of the game it becomes much easier and here the developers are not credited.
As a result, the legend on the terminator is the only way to enjoy the game of xsom2.

s
saa0891 10.11.21

Yuri Tuboltsev wrote:
As a result, the legend on the terminator is the only way to enjoy the game of xsom2.
I'm afraid that if you started the game for the first time on the terminator, then you would not get pleasure, but butchert.
I personally play the game for the first time, I always choose normal or high difficulty, and I have great pleasure, if I liked the game, I understood the mechanics and tactics, and there is a desire to go through it again, then I go through it either at high difficulty or at maximum ...
You will not get pleasure from the game if it is easy for you, but X COM is not a game where it will be easy for you on the first playthrough, but of course, when you have already passed two thirds of the game and your fighters turn into a terminator, we can say that it will be easier for you , but again, going on a mission with difficulty is extremely difficult, you have no particular guarantee that you will not be piled on.
Although, for example, in the first part, I had no such fears at the end of the first passage, here it is somehow still more stressful, plus the fact that so many missions are limited by the number of moves makes its contribution, you do not have many options for attacks and different choices tactics, finding workarounds, etc.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

saa0891
Yes, what does the first playthrough have to do with it- ) of course, no one will take the terminator's legend on the first playthrough .. we are talking about replaying

s
saa0891 10.11.21

Sergey Buvaka

We are talking about the fact that a person wrote that you will not get pleasure, you can get it only on the terminator, it is clear that if you have passed the game and mastered the mechanics and subtleties, you can choose the difficulty higher.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

It's just that in Iksky, by default, it's better to play the terminator, not necessarily the legend, but one save

s
saa0891 10.11.21

Sergei Buvaka

Sergei Buvaka wrote:
but on one save
Apparently I still don't play this game so well.

j
jsilverst 10.11.21

And I play on light and without a terminator and I also have fun>

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

jsilverst
The game is fun only as long as there is competition! If it is relatively difficult for you to go through on easy difficulty, it will be interesting to play and it is unlikely that a person will enjoy it if they play on the legend and load 25 times per mission. But let's say I play on the first 3 difficulties, this is a game with a face on the keyboard and there will be no interest. Therefore, to each his own. It's just another question when a person has played on the first two difficulties and yells that it is not interesting to play, that he is stupid, etc. this is already nonsense.

j
jsilverst 10.11.21

Sergei Buvaka
So I say: one walks along the edge of the roof of a 30-storey building and gets pleasure, while the other walks along the
sidewalk, having fun.

b
bloodraine 10.11.21

Began to play the Legend of the Terminator. Ndaams, this is cruel. This can be very cruel. And constantly.
They wrote that the first attack on the settlers must be survived - for me it was garbage. But the second (or the third?) Finished me off. The same feeling when the "Wretched" passed :-(
Someone wrote that you need to get to the magnet and the first armor. Garbage. Enemies also get the same thing. It was easy missions 4, no more.
Do not spoil 2 packs ... this is all clear, I actually replayed the first time for this reason: I rocked the range for 7 missions, and it seemed like it was written that it cannot be opened (I don't remember what this skill is called). How I swore when it turned out that this was not so and in the middle of the field I noticed his snake. The ENTIRE level has snapped, and it seems that even the help is not enough. The best died. The next mission could not be won without them. Started the game over.
But what if you don't have time in half? And there are about 3/4 of the messiahs in half. And random placement may leave you no choice - try to grab two packs plus help on the way.

b
bloodraine 10.11.21

There is a constant lack of time for construction. Maybe you need to score on gathering and turn the steering wheel of time at the base with + 25% speed?
And I just can't figure out what to put first. Put Partizanka, then CVT on + to the treatment and the chance of an additional perk. There is no time for the rest for several months already - Advent is hammered to the brim, you barely manage to knock down their progress (put a point of communication, food). By the way, what will happen if you don't shoot it down? Game over? Psi laba - forget it. The laboratory is not up to that. Construction / dismantling of compartments ... bea, yes, it's okay how much they are being built!
And this is the main question I wanted to ask. What will happen if you missed the last mission, on which I was a veteran, I didn’t beat the whole rocked one at once, miss ... lose? All these weeks of playing-nerves-efforts merge into the toilet? This MEGA is cruel.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

bloodraine
Today I wanted to throw out a guide on this topic, but the admin deleted everything after 20 minutes under the pretext that he had done a bad job (with their crooked editor, I generally xs how to draw up) and the uselessness of information. It's a shame, annoying, but dick with them. But damn a video copied from somewhere Khaletsky's review suits them ...

b
bloodraine 10.11.21

Yes, I will not lie - I cheated a little. I did alto + F4 a dozen times. Most of it is due to the injustice of the random idol that manages this shameful percentage. When two Persians with a saving 90% smear, and this reptile one-shots with a crit - respected developers, but go to hell. Or when a grenade explodes the only passage to the evacuation point, although in the squares there must remain a saving strip - developed there.
Although several times faint-hearted - I really do not want to lose a swinging fighter (with a very large percentage of the loss of the rest due to panic, for example). Moreover, I have great suspicions that such a loss will give me several successful days, or even weeks, of the game, and I will have to play again again. And this, as I wrote, MEGA is cruel. I'm not used to something I wasting so much time to be left with nothing.

b
bloodraine 10.11.21

For those who do not know: the alt F4 counts down to the last auto save. A small cheat of this type with the ability to somehow tweak something. I don’t know what I would have done without him, perhaps I would have sent everything to a hair dryer on my nerves. Maybe when I go through the second time (if I go through) I will try without it.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

bloodraine
You by the way in vain consider labs useless. I am building a lab right after my partisan school. Without a center of military technology, of course, it's hard, but believe me, privates and corporals with magnetic rifles are more effective at laying down mutons than sergeants and literals with machine guns. And the laba gives a good scientific burst, and I improve it as soon as possible

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

bloodraine
And I will give some more tips. Always carry a flash bang, not only does it reduce the enemy's accuracy and prevent you from using abilities and attacking in melee, if you throw it at a sectoid, it kills a zombie and removes control from your fighters.
According to the legend, it is advisable to forget about pumping swordsmen, there are too many chances to send unnecessary packs, therefore, a ranger is a ranger or a scout with shooting on the run and invulnerability from the assault branch, and a shotgun in the face is safer than a sword. Try to collect less of any garbage on the map, except for intelligence, engineers, scientists and resistance contacts, and more to establish contacts with new territories, while installing repeaters to save data and receive bonuses from the continent. Make the most of the black market, do not spare data on anything that may seem necessary, buy up all the scientists and engineers at your headquarters every month, if possible, and experienced fighters as needed. In a partisan school, we teach only the size of the detachment, an experienced killer and a vulture, the rest is only for surplus funds. In VIP evacuation missions, if there is no scout, conduct reconnaissance with the VIP, it does not immediately bullet enemies, but does not detect their location, but it can be seen if someone is there and the enemy is bullying himself, but on his own move, ala combat readiness. And in general, it is better to forget about active ambushes (when you attack out of stealth and the enemies scatter), only passive ambushes with the help of a mine or a sniper who shines a ranger's target in stealth. Believe me, it is better to spend a grenade and kill a spearman in cover, than to shoot a sectoid in combat readiness and then shoot from a spearman And in general, it is better to forget about active ambushes (when you attack out of stealth and the enemies scatter), only passive ambushes with the help of a mine or a sniper who shines a ranger's target in stealth. Believe me, it is better to spend a grenade and kill a spearman in cover, than to shoot a sectoid in combat readiness and then shoot from a spearman And in general, it is better to forget about active ambushes (when you attack out of stealth and the enemies scatter), only passive ambushes with the help of a mine or a sniper who shines a ranger's target in stealth. Believe me, it is better to spend a grenade and kill a spearman in cover, than to shoot a sectoid in combat readiness and then shoot from a spearman

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

If anyone is interested, here are the builds of my fighters. After completing the game 4 times already on the legend, I think they are the most effective
Ranger,
or this

or

that I like more.
Sniper, the screenshot is lost, there is the entire sniper branch except for the "Hand of Lightning" and "One on One".
I do the special in different ways, depending on, but in any branch on the cap and major these are the skills "Threat Assessment" (imba skill) and "Guardian"
Grenadier looks like this,

but I prefer a pure machine gunner with pbm accuracy, weapon modules for accuracy and the chance of instant kill

b
bloodraine 10.11.21

And I didn’t think the Laboratory was unnecessary. Just not a priority. I just think that + the ability with quality from CWT is better at the beginning, there are more chances to collect the fighter's imba as a result.

The main questions were not answered. If the progress of the Avatar burns out, then the game over? And what about the last mission - if you put everyone in it, then also a game over, suck a pipku, consider that these weeks of the game are wasted?

PS Thanks for a lot of unfamiliar information. I thought that if you drive the VIP forward, then they will take it out immediately, I always hid it in the back. I figured out the rest almost everything myself, but thanks anyway.

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

bloodraine
Regarding the avatar, if it comes to 12/12 you will have 25-27 days to reset it and then years.
Regarding the last mission, they will most likely offer a restart of the mission, in any case, when my ship was attacked and I stuck a muton that ran into it, the game did not end, but they offered to restart the mission, I think this works for all story missions.
The priority of shooting at VIP is usually low, if my sweaty aliens did shoot, then such cases on the fingers of one hand can be counted, but it is also stupid to put it under fire, I think it is undesirable.
As for the color, I will say that its main benefit is still from the treatment, but at the start there are just barely enough engineers to put them there, and skills are not so often given on early promotions, and they are not always usable. A sniper with lightning-fast reflexes or a shock-absorbing pad does not become much more immobile, although a sniper with shooting on the run is cheating. How lucky you are. And the lab makes me very happy, it makes it possible to go to the necessary techs relatively on time and conduct autopsies, which is very useful, and all sorts of alien caches. I prefer the lab, and the color in the 4th compartment right after the relay, you will have a maximum of a few littech by this time and there are many chances to get additional abilities, and the starting fighters rarely live up to the end of the game, especially the rangers die in packs of 5pcs

S
Sergey Buvaka 10.11.21

In my 1st mission in the game, John Bradfort was caught and became a sniper, well, I think ZBS, he sympathizes with me externally and his outfit is cool. On the 2nd or third mission, he flew to the hospital, while he was lying there, the recruit sniper became a cast, then Bradford was cured and took on the mission again, was injured and again, as a result, that recruit became a cap, and Bradford was a sergeant. True, fate nevertheless forced him to become his main sniper, the recruit of that (captain) was killed but Bradford is polkan☺