3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21 10:01 pm

FPS dropped after changing the processor! (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

I replaced my i72600, which was just dying (The thermal paste in the processor dried up and overheated) with an i7 5820k, and as you can imagine, it cost me a lot. Get to the point. On the old one with GTX 980ti 16 RAM Win 10 and a resolution of 1920x1080, pure ultra, every single setting. On this show off. Even the geforce experience which advised me with the old processor only the highest now advises the settings below. And if I set everything to ultra myself, then the stability is about 40-50 fps when I achieved with the old processor up to 85 FPS without a vertical. Now just high settings. I even cut out the anti-aliasing. What the heck is that? 6 cores from Intel with overclocking to 4.3 GHz can not cope with this crap? Even the Witcher and Battle 4 I have a full ultra and there is no such subsidence! Please give a reasonable answer! Thanks!
34 Comments
Sort by:
M
MassChester87 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysch
Take the drivers through DDU and put them in a new way. If it doesn't help, reinstall Windows.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

Windows has already reinstalled 3 times. Xs what else to sin

X
XX-LEGIO ALPHA 10.11.21

And in general, for the future: when changing hardware, reinstall Windows.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

XX-LEGIO ALPHA wrote: And in general, for the future: when changing hardware - reinstall Windows.
This is understandable, I did it first. And a couple more times, for other reasons, UEFI did not allow her to get up.

M
MassChester87 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysh
Also, try to disable Hyper-threading.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

MassChester87 wrote: Is
hyper-threading
in BIOS? What is responsible for?

Something I did not find in the BIOS. And in my opinion my 5820k does not support it

Z
Zoran 198 10.11.21

MassChester87 What's the point of turning
it off? Justify

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

In any case, found, turned off, checked, zero sense, returned back

G
GhostKasio 10.11.21

Ilya Badidyshch
try to put firewood on his mother. May help a little

S
Satoman 10.11.21

Those. if I understand you correctly, you changed the i7 2600 processor with the old LGA1155 socket to 5820k percent with the new socket, if I'm not mistaken 2011-v3. Therefore, you and the mother changed, and maybe the operative, and there are already many more options for identifying the reasons for this behavior. It is not necessarily his fault. Well, firstly, in order to dismiss all doubts about the processor, it is enough to simply monitor its temperature and the load of cores under a demanding game and at the same time pay attention to the load of the video card. That is, if the vidyukha hits 99% and the processor is for example 60-70%, then the reason is definitely not there looking for. For example, to monitor "MSI Afterburner" to help you. Better yet, run a separate test for the processor, and see the temperature and test results for the pyrmer and compare with the analogue. Have you correctly installed the cooling on the processor, or maybe there are some wrong settings in the BIOS, for video or memory, I recommend just resetting the settings if you have not done it yet. But the geforce experience strongly doubt that it can correctly take into account the processing power of the processor. I would definitely not rely on these testimonies.

A
Argo R 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysh
There are many reasons.
And the main one is six cores! So far, programs for them are not optimized - even the simple presence of 6 cores can cause a bug, at best - two cores simply will not be involved, if the programmers of this particular game did not foresee this. But according to the idea, DAI should work with 6 cores, they are even recommended for AMD systems. Perhaps the fact that due to HT there are 12 of them creates a bug.
Secondly, this percentage does not overclock well. Are you sure it feels fine at 4.3 GHz? What is the maximum core temperature? Is it the maximum, not the average?
And thirdly, for most games the i7 2600 is better than the i7 5820 simply because the former has a higher base clock. And she decides in games.
But still not enough to make 40-50 from 85 frames. Are you sure you haven't turned on the vertical on the new system?
If you are sure, then either the overclocking of the processor as a result of which it drops the frequency or bugs due to six cores (and with Hyper Threading there are all 12).
Another reason may be, if the video card on the new system is shoved into the second slot, which operates in x8 mode, not x16. But not so much ...
Check the vertical first - in the game and in the nvidia driver settings.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

Satoman
Argo R
I take your opinion into account, and the truth is, there are still no or very few games for such a processor. I add that there is a hard cooling with dissipation of up to 300 watts of heat, the processor warmed up to 67 degrees during a stress test in 20 minutes, in idle it kept within the range of 32-33 degrees. Mother naturally replaced it with ASUSx99-a, and 2133 DDR4 memory. I use "MSI Afterburner" actively (although the video card is from GIGABYTE), the video card is loaded at 99%. I managed to twist the settings, and in the skyhold with pure ultras it squeezes out 125 FPS without a vertical, with it the usual 60, in the location the frozen ground (or something like that, the addition of the jaw of the hackon) sags to 50-55, in some places it is stable 60. All other locations stable 60+
Offtop: this monster is held by a 600 watt power supply: DDDD

K
KOMMIKs 10.11.21

XX-LEGIO ALPHA
well, I would not say to demolish Windows, you need to install the new drivers correctly (remove the old ones) and perform a clean installation

K
KOMMIKs 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysch
how do you measure FPS?

c
chaos410 10.11.21

as an option, disable 2 cores through the task manager so that the game runs on 4 cores, only an assumption can help

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

KOMMIKs
Fraps

e
exlubu 10.11.21

Characteristics of your processor, tell the ATO you bought a new one and it may lack half of the architectural modules - for example, 5 architectural modules were available on your old processor, and 3 or 4 may be available on the new one

e
exlubu 10.11.21

chaos410
you don't need to disconnect anything, just call the command line and enter konf .... you can look exactly how it is written in the search engine, then choose to add 4 cores and that's it

K
KOMMIKs 10.11.21

exlubu
hmm. disable kernel? O_o something new. Config is usually spelled like this.

c
chaos410 10.11.21

KOMMIKs
well, in general, through the task manager, you can set the correspondence, how many cores will be used when the game or application is running