3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21 10:01 pm

FPS dropped after changing the processor! (Dragon Age: Inquisition)

I replaced my i72600, which was just dying (The thermal paste in the processor dried up and overheated) with an i7 5820k, and as you can imagine, it cost me a lot. Get to the point. On the old one with GTX 980ti 16 RAM Win 10 and a resolution of 1920x1080, pure ultra, every single setting. On this show off. Even the geforce experience which advised me with the old processor only the highest now advises the settings below. And if I set everything to ultra myself, then the stability is about 40-50 fps when I achieved with the old processor up to 85 FPS without a vertical. Now just high settings. I even cut out the anti-aliasing. What the heck is that? 6 cores from Intel with overclocking to 4.3 GHz can not cope with this crap? Even the Witcher and Battle 4 I have a full ultra and there is no such subsidence! Please give a reasonable answer! Thanks!
34 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysch wrote: I
replaced my i72600 which was just dying (The thermal paste in the processor dried up and overheated)
Well, as if in Sandy Bridge, solder, not thermal paste ...

e
exlubu 10.11.21

chaos410
I don’t know how many times I ’ve been through the usual task manager to show the number of cores used, nothing worked - only everything turned out to be set through the main task manager using the (execute) option

c
chaos410 10.11.21

exlubu
is just a guess, maybe it will help him

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

a very strange story. the closest analogous cpu 3970x and 5960x should produce 90-100fps according to the results of the gamegpu.ru tests, which is much more than the 2600. there really can be a problem only in the express line or already specifically in the drivers for the video card.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

exlubu
http://www.citilink.ru/catalog/computers_and_notebooks/parts/cpu/952498/ here he is, he is!
MunchkiN 616 I
myself do not understand why this is so. It was not the same on a weaker processor. And by the way, only this game and cities skylines were mostly affected. I also moved to a resolution of 1920x1080 in order to check. As a result, the same cities skylines are almost at the maximum, the Witcher 3 is the maximum, the battle is the maximum plus the resolution of 125% and folic 4 is also ultra. DAI has not changed in the settings, if you set it higher, then grips appear.
Also, for the sake of experiment, I put the video card into other slots. Performance has decreased even more, well, due to the bandwidth of x8 and x4

K
KOMMIKs 10.11.21

chaos410
thanks, found. PCM on the process in the "Processes" tab and "Set correspondence" - I have 4 all enabled by default.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

warp 37
Well, the fact is that it began to overheat, in idle time it reached 50, changed the paste as well 50, in load it reached 80. After changing the cooler, which by the way went under 5820, there were 47 in idle and 75-78 under load. Now this cooler keeps 5820 34 idle and 68 under load, and it is also overclocked. (ZALMAN CNPS9900DF)

M
MunchkiN 616 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysch the
problem may be in the turboust.
I really have amd fx and I was experiencing performance problems in the assassin. then I turned off the dynamic frequency increase in my case, it is only 2 cores at a time and accordingly raised the frequency and forbade it to be dropped.
I do not know the laws by which a processor such as this dynamically increases the frequency. but since it is already overclocked, I think it makes sense to turn it off.
although if the FPS is stupidly small but it is stable, then most likely this is not the case.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

MunchkiN 616 fps
is just stable in principle, somewhere higher somewhere lower. At least I noticed 45, but the jumps are noticeable and it's not very comfortable to play

m
max-0n 10.11.21

And you did not install new nvidia drivers, which are from March 8? There was some kind of a jamb with them, I even began to lag with Grid Autosport with them, after reinstalling to 361.91 everything was fixed.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

max-0n
The most recent ones are standing.
PS I did not update it before the upgrade, in my opinion there were still January ones
I will try to put as you advised me, I will definitely unsubscribe when I come home, and I will tell you whether the problem has been resolved

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

max-0n
Rolled back. And the performance has increased. With anti-aliasing, msaa x2 is stable at 60 fps with vertical, without 85 +. With msaa x4, there are already drops, from 60 to 45, depending on the effects on the screen. In this case, all settings are at the very maximum!

E
EvgenyDMT 10.11.21

Ilya Badidysch I

replaced my i72600 which was just dying (The thermal paste in the processor dried up and overheated), eh ... Give me the i7 2600, since you no longer need it.

I
Ilya Badidysh 10.11.21

EvgenyDMT Did
I say that I don't need it?)