3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Выxyxoль 10.11.21 10:01 pm

DLC Automatron or localizers once again failed to translate. (Fallout 4)

I installed myself a beta version of the Automatron DLC (those who know how to google and find it on the vast web), and what do I see? Woe-localizers in the face of 1C Softclub could not translate yet again. No, of course there are no masterpieces like bench 05 and citizen 49 has not yet seen, but these boobies translated flybot as a flybot. Not like a canon flying robot, not even like a summer robot. Muchobot, Karl! Moreover, this very flybot does not look like a fly in any way. Did you all see Dutnya? There is no similarity with him. And this is the very first quest of the add-on, what's next? I am sure that in the further passage I will find more blunders from our "translators". In general, these are the pies, dear friends. A screenshot of the flybot under the spoiler below, also to prove that the DLC is already available a screenshot of the add-on workbench and the new companion.

Spoiler

31 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kavaynik 10.11.21

Vyxyxol
Hitting is out of place. Flybot is jargon and means exactly a robot fly, not superficial "fly and robot", and this word stuck with flying robots of any shape and type. That is, sometimes a direct translation "what I see is what I sing" does not mean that this is a correct translation.

Lead riser, yes, it is illogical, most likely someone was just excited and decided to neigh.

E
Eroppo 10.11.21

The word Fly is translated both as "fly" and as "fly" - it is not at all a fact that the translator had a corresponding screenshot in front of his eyes.
And the beta is not a demo version, it is released not for "playing the game before everyone else and crap before everyone else", but just to identify such jambs, before it's too late, and messages about them to the developers - it's very doubtful that the TS bothered to do this, it is much more important to spank the topic on the forum ...
Kawaii
PS while I was writing, just your post appeared - the meaning is about the same, although I was not aware of the expression

R
Roman Selezen 10.11.21

LordRegent303
65 lvl for me, firstly, secondly, it was not patched as it should, put the last patch, everything works
already and passed

S
Sprintin 10.11.21

in general, dltsku passed, but not enough norms (

Выxyxoль 10.11.21

Kawaii
eroppo
I have been studying English for 5 years, and I already know something for sure, and what is translated and where and how it is used. And the rules of the literary language too. The word Mukhobot for the Russian language logically implies the resemblance of a bot to a fly, no matter whether it is slang in the original or jargon. This is a complex word, I explain the principle of word formation, it is the same as in, for example, a steam locomotive, that is, from two words we get one, respectively, steam and carry, "about" a connecting vowel. Flybot, fly and robot. And also, something I doubt that the developers called it flybot meaning fly in the meaning of "fly" rather than in the meaning of "fly". The canon Fallout numbers 1 and 2 and the non-canon TacticsBOS have a flying robot, why not translate it this way? Why reinvent the wheel?
Shl. 5 years is only at the university, but in general I started from grade 1.

G
Garry3Fingers 10.11.21

Sprintin
Two or three hours ?

d
deeppurple1968 10.11.21

How do I get the Dlc beta?

E
Eroppo 10.11.21

Vyxyxol
Thanks for the useful rate of the Russian language, I finally learned how complicated words are made. And on the topic - hit the same google "flybot" and see what is issued - it is a total of artificial FLIES, and not just all in a row flying crap. So, again, the possible logic of the translator is quite understandable if he really translated just stupidly the WORD without any explanations on a specific game

S
Sprintin 10.11.21

Garry3Fingers
Well, somewhere 3-5
deeppurple1968
Download and drop the date into the folder! I have a lick and I just threw it on the date and activated it in the nexus manager. even achievements work.

S
Strimline 10.11.21

Report this to localizers

d
deeppurple1968 10.11.21

Sprintin
Thanks, I also have a license, I'll try)