3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Noob Inquisitor 10.11.21 10:07 pm

Game Ending (SPOILER!) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

So, sir, Ciri became my empress. Here is the question: why is the ending considered the best where she becomes a witcher? Yes, she loves freedom, but becoming an empress will not limit her in her, right? She can also travel where she wants (for who is her decree now?), With Geralt and the others she can see at any time. Basically, here's the best ending. But why, in the opinion of the majority, is it still worse than the one where Ciri can die at any moment, where numerous dangers await her, and which, in general, looks much less attractive than the option with her rule. Plus, they will now see Geralt only in rare moments during the winter in Kaer Morhen and that's it. For as it was said in the epilogue, "each in his own direction."
39 Comments
Sort by:
k
kokoz80 10.11.21

Everyone has their own best ending, someone wants her to return to her father, someone feels sorry for her father when ciri is a witcher

r
revolution66 10.11.21

The best ending is the one that you like, the opinions of people will always be different.

L
Legion1130 10.11.21

Inquisitor of noobs
Everyone decides for himself how to treat the ending, based on their preferences, there is no official division into better or worse.

N
Noob Inquisitor 10.11.21

Legion1130
It's just that the second ending is almost always called "happy" or "great", and I wondered why.

L
Laidiger 10.11.21

Read the book you will learn)

N
Noob Inquisitor 10.11.21

Laidiger
But in short?

z
zagruzon 10.11.21

The inquisitor of the noobs wrote:
He can also travel wherever he wants (for who is her decree now?)
Father, he would simply continue to rule from the shadows. and vaabsche, the boss cannot leave her post for a long time, she would not have a free life, only undercover fuss in palaces + attempts to marry / poison.
The noob inquisitor wrote:
where many dangers lie in wait for her, and which, in general, looks much less attractive than the option with her rule.
well, you should have seen in the game how much she has an imbeatable teleportation, she cannot overcome, no one will prevent her from escaping, it seems like there is so much magic in her blood
Geralt will now see them only in rare moments during the winter in Kaer Morhen and that's it. For as it was said in the epilogue, "each in his own direction."
so, it seems that the ending said that everything, Geralt seemed to have retired with ien. occasionally during wintering. She won't go on horseback for a week before him - again, a teleport.
you need to think over the questions, sir

B
BarackKamacho 10.11.21

Well, like the daughter should follow in the footsteps of her father, and the father is the one who really loved, probably this is the philosophy of these witcher squabbles

N
Noob Inquisitor 10.11.21

zagruzon
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

r
raganrok 10.11.21

The ending where Ciri becomes Empress of Nilfgaard is happier for everyone, objectively speaking. In the end, on the throne, she will bring more benefits than if she worked as a witcher for a penny. And in the scene of farewell to Geralt, there is precisely the feeling that they are parting forever. The girl has already grown up, she does not need to be protected, and Geralt understands this. Letting her go is the most correct and difficult choice for him. Kaer Morhen died along with Vesemir, there is no point in returning there anymore. Therefore, this ending is called "Good"

But the "Happy" ending is based on the very desire of Ciri to be who she would like to be. Not Cyril the Lady of Time and Space, the Owner of the Elder Blood, the Empress of Nilfgaard, but simply Ciri, who could love and rejoice like all ordinary people. And Geralt will help her in this, because for him she is a Child of Surprise, but no, not like that ... She is Something more.

We do not consider the last ending, it is not canon)

M
Mantykora 10.11.21

raganrok
The ending where Ciri becomes Empress of Nilfgarde is happier for everyone, objectively speaking. In the end, on the throne, she will bring more benefits than if she worked as a witcher for a penny.
A good man is usually a bad ruler. Ciri has no experience of running a huge country, she will be in the shadow of her own father, palace intrigues that interfere with real affairs. And Ciri, being a simple witcher, can do things no less important than if she became an empress. Geralt is a simple witcher, but how many times did he indirectly influence the fate of the kingdoms? And Ciri is stronger than Geralt and Ian combined. Plus, it's hard to catch. Emhyr raised the entire intelligence of the empire on his ears, and found Ciri Geralt.

r
raganrok 10.11.21

Mantykora
The epilogue tells that she inherited from Emhyr a "keen political instinct", which, as it were, hints that she will turn out to be a good empress. But what "no less important" things she could do as a witcher? Well, I have already saved the worlds from the white cold, I agree.

But in the fact that, by definition, the ruler does more for the people than a hired killer, there is nothing to oppose.

L
Lyokha-Bro- 10.11.21

Guys, Ciri just saved the world from death, what a palace, lackeys, she wants freedom (remember her dialogues, playing snowballs) :) She pom Miram rides !!!

k
krakaziabra 10.11.21

Guy, if you are really interested in this question, read the books, there are answers to this and a bunch of other questions, very detailed and thoughtful, but if you don't have any desire to read, then only the one you like will be the best ending for you.

N
Norman bates 10.11.21

raganrok
Happy for everyone except Ciri herself. And in the ending it is very clear. She goes to Nilfgaard not because she wants it herself, but because it is necessary. That is why this ending is considered only good. And from the point of view of the entire saga, the ending of Ciri - the witcher is more canonical. Plus the ending of Ciri the Empress raises additional questions from the point of view of the plot of the Saga.

C
Cucumber312 10.11.21

Why drag her into a big ram (politics)?
Moreover, Emhyr will still rule, from the hand of Ciri.

-
--- VENOM --- 10.11.21

My personal opinion is that the ending with Tsiri the Empress is not bad, but since her desire to become a witch is not fulfilled, it is not very good. On the other hand, if she is a witcher, then the ending is not very good for everyone (at least on the tytube). It is about the persecution of sorceresses and elves under Radovid, or the surrender of all countries to Emgyr and semi-freedom for Temeria under Roche with his friendly company. But if we discard feelings for Roche and listen to Dijkstra - he says very clever things, and I did find the ending when Dijkstra kills Roche and begins to rebuild countries himself, and wins against Emhyr. And I personally think this ending is the best in general - both independent countries, and Ciri is happy, and there is no persecution against anyone, and Geralt is happy. Unless Nilfgaard is not very good, but no one cares about him, because we have never been given the opportunity to empathize for its inhabitants or for this country in general.

h
halepa 10.11.21

I reread the extreme comments - I liked it very much, this should be the game - Schaub caught on and was discussed !!! waiting for BLOOD AND WINE ...

I
Ilya Kiddin 10.11.21

Oh, I just remembered DA: O. I also made Alistair king there, although he did not want to and all his life tried to avoid it. I felt sorry for him.
And even more so, Ciri. This is not a witch's business - politics.

r
raganrok 10.11.21

Why do you think that Ciri will be manipulated by all and sundry? You are making the same mistake that most characters make — treating her like a child. She was already able to show herself as an independent person in a conversation with Philippa (who, by the way, is an excellent strategist and has great influence on the Lodge). And if she had become an empress, no nobles, Emhyr, their intrigues would have made a puppet out of her. Simply because, by virtue of her character, this devil would have done everything in her own way.

And one more thing, do not weave Sapkowski's books here. He and the developers have repeatedly said that the trilogy of games is not a continuation of the book cycle and the player does not need to read all the books in order to understand what is happening in the games. Those. book Geralt, Ciri, Ian, Triss, etc. and play are different characters.