3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Noob Inquisitor 10.11.21 10:07 pm

Game Ending (SPOILER!) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

So, sir, Ciri became my empress. Here is the question: why is the ending considered the best where she becomes a witcher? Yes, she loves freedom, but becoming an empress will not limit her in her, right? She can also travel where she wants (for who is her decree now?), With Geralt and the others she can see at any time. Basically, here's the best ending. But why, in the opinion of the majority, is it still worse than the one where Ciri can die at any moment, where numerous dangers await her, and which, in general, looks much less attractive than the option with her rule. Plus, they will now see Geralt only in rare moments during the winter in Kaer Morhen and that's it. For as it was said in the epilogue, "each in his own direction."
39 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nivellen 10.11.21

I just imagined what she can do with the country, and everything immediately becomes clear, this is the best ending.

z
zagruzon 10.11.21

raganrok wrote:
She was already able to show herself as an independent person in a conversation with Philippa (who, by the way, is an excellent strategist and has a great influence on the Lodge).
firstly, she proved to be independent with a geralt behind her back, and secondly, she does not have something very necessary - authority. think for yourself who she is for the palace hookers and remember that general horseman

S
Sportklass 10.11.21

The witcher is the clearest end than this nonsense, she trained all her life not to sit at the post to wipe her ass, and how can her father live as a freak? but not in life, my ciri not when this end does not accept and she herself does not want it!

555dbrnjh555 10.11.21

I agree, she went too much to sit on the throne later, all these trainings in Kaer Morhen were clearly not intended for the throne ...

N
Noob Inquisitor 10.11.21

Sportklass
I don't see anything wrong with that. Well, she will become an empress, so what? In principle, to go to fulfill an order or two together with the same Geralt, the imperial position will not interfere with her, since she is such a witch in her soul. Her stubborn character will not go anywhere, right?)
And the soul for Ciri is somehow calmer, knowing that she will not have to run through swamps and forests. Even if she is the Elder Blood, anything can happen.

O
Oleg Bervinov 10.11.21

The guys that write about the "empress" apparently forgot about the dialogue with Ciri during the quest with the traveling circus. Where she makes it clear what oppresses her and what she wants in this life.

S
Someone like-you 10.11.21

The work of the witcher is uniquely interesting, there are many different emotions, to open your Self, and not to sit in one place

M
Mantykora 10.11.21

raganrok
"acute political instinct" in other words, there is talent, but talent is nothing without experience, which in the beginning is not for sure. The process of recruiting this experience for Ciri will be fraught with additional difficulties, since she is an unusual person with supernormal abilities, which they will want to use:
- magicians, like Vilgefortz;
- instigators "Ciri is not a man, but a magician on the throne", "child of the curse of the Black Sun";
- any wedding leads to the birth of a child, Ciri, the destroyer of worlds. Counteracting or facilitating this;
All of the above is just the tip of the iceberg. Another father who will somehow try to manipulate Ciri, Voorhis, who because of Ciri did not become emperor. And Ciri will most likely be married off to Voorhis.

raganrok
Why do you think that Ciri will be manipulated by all and sundry? You are making the same mistake that most characters make — treating her like a child. She was already able to show herself as an independent person in a conversation with Philippa (who, by the way, is an excellent strategist and has great influence on the Lodge). And if she had become an empress, no nobles, Emhyr, their intrigues would have made a puppet out of her. Simply because, by virtue of her character, this devil would have done everything in her own way.
If you played carefully, you could notice that Ciri is often manipulated, especially in key moments:
- in the scene "whether to go to your father" despite Geralt's answer "you yourself must decide", she knocks out of him the answer how to act, there is no decision of her own;
- after a visit to the emperor, she succumbs to the persuasions of her own father and becomes his heiress, giving up her dream - the freedom to choose to live as she wants;
- and Ian, when asked by Ciri "whether she participated in genetic experiments", lies to her. This is also manipulation to some extent.
- and even the choice of "Ciri the Witch" to some extent depends on Geralt's manipulations, especially if he says not to go to the emperor.

Of course, Ciri is not always amenable to manipulation. She fought off the sorceresses of the Lodge, with little or big help from Geralt. She did not stay in the fortress, which saved the lives of individual defenders of Kaer Morhen, and then the entire fortress, although she could not save Vesemir.

that the trilogy of games is not a continuation of the book cycle and the player does not have to necessarily read all the books to understand what is happening in the games
Whatever the developers say that the game is separate from the book, the game starts from the end of the book. Reading is optional, but after the second part it is desirable - the player, like Geralt, must get rid of amnesia, for a more complete understanding of the situation in the world.
The very ending "Tsiri the Empress" is not canon according to the book - Emhyr ruled over Nilfgaard for another 20 years, Voorhis became the next emperor. Ciri has no place there, the role of the heiress to the throne is already small for her - she is not only a witcher, a little sorceress, but the lord of Time and Space.
In the end, she will simply run away from the palace to her free life, when she finally feels herself in a cage of politics and intrigue, when she is convinced that her good deeds are not appreciated and are turned inside out.

L
Laidiger 10.11.21

Inquisitor noobs
short will not work
in the book when Ciri got to Emgyru, he wanted the death of Geralt and Yennifer and Ciri take a
As a result, he changed his mind
must be read, just do not tell
, but if you read it you will understand that the preferred Ciri

G
Gena Kolupaev 10.11.21

Read the book sir) In general, the emperor wanted Ciri to give birth to a child who was supposed to be the master of everything! Fucking daddy .......... So, in my opinion, Ciri the witch is the best ending.

g
gerupt 10.11.21

111dbrnjh555 wrote:
I agree, she went too much to sit on the throne, all these trainings in Kaer Morhen,
According to the book, she spent just over six months in Kaer Morhen. There they "fed" her with herbs and fungi, but they did not even think to bring her to a full mutation. When you read it, honestly, the question arises repeatedly, why is she suddenly such a cool swordswoman.

C
CyDb6a-12 10.11.21

Please answer! Now, if I finish the game and no matter what ending will it change the world in which I will continue to play?

A
Argo R 10.11.21

CyDb6a-12
No. There are little things, but no.

C
CyDb6a-12 10.11.21

Argo R
That is, the world will remain the same
But if in the version where the radovid remains the king in the nofigrad, witches are burned, then if there is another ending, the fires will be removed?

A
Argo R 10.11.21

CyDb6a-12
I don't remember anymore.
I only remember that when I played Heart of Stone after the end of the main game and after the death of Rodovid, the inhabitants of Novigrad talked about him as if nothing had happened. I don't remember about the fires. Although, I can re-install the game and watch.

M
Mantykora 10.11.21

CyDb6a-12
Argo R The
world does not change with the ending. As before, in Oxenfurt - Redania, there is a camp of the nilfs, and on the square of Novigrad, the witch hunter calls for the burning of books and sorcerers. The ending, whatever it may be, is not felt in the world. This, I think, is the main disadvantage of the game. Although the game itself is wonderful, but by the end it somehow crumpled ... For example, it remained unclear how, after all, Ciri stopped White Cold, and stopped or simply delayed?

C
CyDb6a-12 10.11.21

Mantykora
It turns out there is no sense to replay if only for yourself! I read here that there is an ending where temeria appears on the map, does it supposedly appear or can I go there?

M
Mantykora 10.11.21

CyDb6a-12
There is still a sense to replay - Triss or Ian, options for Ciri, the political alignment of forces, the fate of Keira, Bastard Junior, etc. Temeria is being restored on the political map - this is one of the political choices. And you are already in Temeria - Velen - this is northern Temeria. Did you even play?

g
gerupt 10.11.21

CyDb6a-12 wrote:
it makes sense to replay no, if only for yourself!
There is. A lot of non-linearity in quests and dialogues. In principle, these cosmetic changes have little effect on the main plot, but it's funny how the general perception of the heroes by the player changes. moreover, it is not "real" (that is, there is virtually no impact on the plot), but it is "dialogue".
For example, if all the time you choose the answer options contrary to Yennefer, then she always stabs in response. If you assent all the time, then the answers are much warmer. And in dialogues with Ciri, in general, almost any bast falls into the line of the main interchanges and directly affects the plot.
Well, as they said above, there are several endings only for the main plot, and even half a dozen options for secondary lines.