3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GringoBingo 11.11.21 02:09 pm

Which video card to take

Hi, I have percent amd 8350 and video card radeon 260x, I wanted to change and came to the store, thought to take the gifors gtx 960, but in the store they tell me that only amd video cards work with amd processors and they say my system will not start, they offer to take the radeon 7970 for 19,990 rubles, performance is 10 percent weaker than gtx 970, is it worth taking?
24 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tonatiu 11.11.21

what kind of store was it? it would be necessary to piss this sold out, everything will work fine. I had 660 ti and 8350 flight normal, then changed to 290. I will try to take the next one, since I’m just playing, but now where you don’t look at all the whistles they have. IMHO of course.

Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.11.21

It's funny now to make a fool of buyers, you will not say anything.

V
Vatafaker 11.11.21

LOL

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

video card can be used regardless of the manufacturer of the processor, this one
7970 is weaker not by 10% 970 but where it is by 30-40. The level of the slightly overclocked 980 is the level of the fully squeezed out crossfire x2 of these cards. plus these cards are relatively small-headed and outdated. although its architecture is still relevant and supported by amd. this two.
from amd it is necessary to take cards 290-290x and more powerful newer for example 390 390x. the rest of the cards are pointless.

G
GringoBingo 11.11.21

Well, I don't understand these spare parts at all))) our city is small and there is only one store) I was also confused why I was offered 7970, although I have 260 now, but it seems like amd did not have a 9000 line, the 2xx series immediately went, which This is for 7970 in general, can it be taken for 20k? and is it true that it is weaker than gtx970 by only 10 percent?

n
nikita2112 11.11.21

I even doubt that the performance of the Radeon 7970 is 10 percent weaker than the GTX 970.7970, although the top, is quite old. Better to take a look at the comparative tests first.

p
pekabir 11.11.21

just a salesman from the cut grafon sect. apparently wants to sell goods lying on the shelves

T
Tonatiu 11.11.21

GringoBingo
7970 card of level 680, for me it is already ancient ~ 2012, it costs 20k because of the jump in the dollar, or because the store bought it for this price, but could not sell it. as well as the price of old phones does not fall. for me, the price is 6-8k maximum. take my advice 970. but before that, record a conversation with the seller on the recorder, as he tells you about how force cards will not plow with an amd stone.

G
Glnai 11.11.21

GringoBingo
A little comparison
Spoilerhttp: //gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7970-vs-GeForce-GTX-970 The
town is a small store one then online stores will help you.
Considering that you only want to change the video card, then you need to pay attention to the fact that under the 7970 you need a more powerful power supply unit and considering what kind of video card you have now, you will have to buy it.
And so it all depends on which budget to take.
Ps bought 960 before the release of 950 and given the price / performance ratio, it is more profitable to buy 950, but if the budget allows, then 970, R9 380 and everything that is older is waiting for you.

n
nikita2112 11.11.21

Tonatiu
and 600 watt power supply minimum

Y
You wanna PUNCAKE 11.11.21

GringoBingo
Not worth 7970 attention, no. 970 is a cut higher in performance, if you have enough budget - take it and you will not be disappointed. The average price is 970 in the region of 25-26k.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.11.21

in principle, 7970 and 960 are quite an equilibrium choice when comparing the cards of these levels.

T
Tonatiu 11.11.21

nikita2112
well, it's better to invest in it right away, at first I took 1k + from my hands and then bought a new one a little better. all of a sudden the cross will need to be done, and I don't see any sense in saving on bp. although it all depends on the level of income)

G
GringoBingo 11.11.21

well lan thanks everyone)

h
hrdCore 11.11.21

Glnai wrote:
considering what kind of video card you have now, you will have to buy it.
Where is the connection? Did the TS indicate what kind of power supply it had? If so, correct it.
Tonatiu wrote:
well, it's better to invest in it right away, I first took 1k + from my hands and then bought a new one a little better. all of a sudden the cross will need to be done, and I don't see any sense in saving on bp. although it all depends on the level of income)
As for the fact that you do not need to save on the power supply, it is definitely "for". But only when choosing a power supply, you need to invest in quality, and not in unnecessary quantity. Overcapacity has its drawbacks.

i
iMolodec 11.11.21

if we take now under 8350, then only 950 960, but it is better to wait for the budget on Pascal, Maxwell is already an old man

V
Vatafaker 11.11.21

The
funny thing about GringoBingo is that the 7970 is out of production.
Even the 280x has already been discontinued. That is, you are offered to buy a doubly outdated card.
Where did they get it at all?
If you want a Radeon, then take 380x or better nvidia 970-980 passanis!

G
Glnai 11.11.21

hrdCore wrote:
He indicated what kind of video card he had, so you can understand what kind of power supply there is no one will put on a system with a need for 500 power supplies per 10,000.

h
hrdCore 11.11.21

Glnai
My question
hrdCore wrote:
Where is the link?
rhetorical. I apologize, most likely it was necessary to point this out :)
Glnai wrote:
He indicated what kind of video card he had, so you can understand what kind of power supply
is wrong. there is no direct connection. This understanding is only suitable for options when they switch from a VC with a higher power consumption to a VC with a lower one. Then it is clear that since it pulled that VC, then with less power consumption it will pull it all the more.
Often, PSUs are taken with a much larger margin than necessary. And here on this site there is a theme http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/kakoj_u_kogo_komp_v_5-875926/#lastreply
In it you can often find just such options. For example, the 750 Ti config has an 850 W PSU, etc.
I pointed out the incorrectness of the phrase.
Glnai wrote:
considering what kind of video card you have now, you will have to buy it.
In such cases, it is better to add "you may have to buy it in addition." But there is no direct connection there. The TS did not indicate its BP. So why guess.
Glnai wrote:
no one will bet on a system with a need for 500 PSUs per 10,000
As mentioned above, there are many examples of configurations with a consumption of 200-300 W, for which they put 600-700 or more W PSUs.

G
Glnai 11.11.21

hrdCore
Okay, of course I will not speak on the account, adequacy, meaningfulness, and so on. about that .
hrdCore wrote:
Often, PSUs are taken with a much larger margin than necessary.
A monument to this man ...
hrdCore wrote:
And the last, judging by your own logic, that
hrdCore wrote:
BP is taken with a much larger margin than necessary.
The need for his video card is less than 970 and therefore most likely (99%) you will have to take another power supply unit.