3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kyle_AMD 11.11.21 10:27 pm

DLC in what style do you dream of seeing? (Fallout 4)

I was a little shocked by the new Fallout (meaning the third fallout) when it was released in 2007, but I love The Elder Scrolls Oblivion and was able to quickly adapt and understand the Bethesda developers.
I liked the plot, although it is not very epic, but it is memorable. What about the DLC? They are just gorgeous.

I hasten to note that the coolest and most powerful addition from Fallout 3, for me personally, was "The Pitt". I am ready to go through this story as much as I want.

I'm not talking about Fallout New Vegas, there is just an epic storyline if you join the Legion (which I did for the 3rd time).

But from there, I can't pick out a more prominent addition to the game, because each has a particle of Obsidian soul ...

What DLC can you distinguish from all the Fallout games, from the third to New Vegas? And in what style do you dream of seeing future additions?
50 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

In the style of a good story, not a cut from the main game like it was in Fallout 3 (hello Broken steel)

N
NTrojan 11.11.21

saa0891
Yes, even in F3 I did not see the point in dlts with them, but they did it, it was just infa about the aliens in the game and it seems to me that they would not make them part of the main plot, but in general it would be good if the bezezda took an example from obsidians and did dlts closely related to the main plot of the game

s
saa0891 11.11.21

NTrojan

For me, it turned out to be quite the opposite, such a huge reference in the form of DLC to Firearrow, and it turned out very unusual and cool, and Broken Steel is generally epic.
It would be nice if they wrote something else about the Institute, although I think there will be a lot of that in the plot.

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

NTrojan
Well, not so closely. It's just that Ulysses is mentioned in every DLC, in order. If you mean this, then I agree in this regard and I would like intelligible stories.

r
rei321 11.11.21

more romances, companions and plot

N
NTrojan 11.11.21

saa0891
BS is not bad, of course, but I don't like just aliens in the fallout, in the form of small skirmishes or easter eggs, yes, but embedding them in the lore of the game - well, fuck it, and it would be okay to be normal aliens, so no, due to retrofuturism - the gray men of
Mercurionio
in Sierra madre - the antagonist wants to destroy the forces of the NKR and the legion in Mojave, you can find a lot of references about him in the main plot, in Zion - Gorely, whom Caesar wants to kill, and you can even kill him and then tell Caesar about it, in the Rift so in general you can bomb a part of the NKR or the Legion with nuclear bombs, I'm talking about this connection, although the fact that Ulysses is mentioned everywhere was also interesting

s
saa0891 11.11.21

NTrojan

in the form of small skirmishes or easter eggs, yes, but embedding them in the lore of the game - well, fuck it.

I don't understand how they spoil the lore, that is. there can be no aliens in the world of Foul, especially since we have a specific weapon that we also receive in an original way, i.e. even the crash of the plate is beaten here.

little gray men

It just pinned me, well, here the taste and color.

M
Mercurionio 11.11.21

NTrojan
Well xs , maybe I didn't pay attention. I, just, only the Blues of the old world and the Lonely road passed. So I can't say anything about the rest.
The only problem is that such chips were made by Obsidian, and they have nothing to do with Fall 4.

V
Vanya Rygalov 11.11.21

DLC in what style do you dream of seeing?
It doesn't matter which one. The main thing is not to hack, as in NV (not all, but ...).

m
meagarry 11.11.21

Kyle_AMD
I was a little shocked by the new Fallout, but I love The Elder Scrolls and managed to quickly adapt and understand the Bethesda developers.
I liked the plot, although it is not very epic, but it is memorable. What about the DLC? They are just gorgeous.
Did I miss something? Have you already played the game ?? Or did you come here from the future?

N
NTrojan 11.11.21

saa0891
spoil by the fact that, in theory, they can erase humanity into powder especially now (in 2282 in the sense) due to their technologies, but no people win, well, that is, but the fact that in them, as in a faction or society, there is no inherent fallout morality strains me, because any faction, even in F3, where there are only 2 of them in fact and they are greatly simplified carries some kind of deep meaning and message, we can say that the True Brotherhood, in pursuit of technology, has forgotten about the purpose of its existence and the protection of people , that the Enclave repeats the mistakes of the government before the war and that the America and the Americans whom they wanted to see no longer and never will be, or that the Legion, guided by the best goals, uses the most brutal methods and thereby their good intentions are drowned in the slave trade and violence, etc. And what about the aliens? Ouch,
Mercurionio
This is yes, but FNV saw the bezdezd and how the players evaluate it, they probably made conclusions, at least 3 factions in which, apparently, you can join F4 have different ideologies, opposite to each other, this is much better than the uncontested good brotherhood and bad enclave in F3

s
saa0891 11.11.21

NTrojan is

spoiled by the fact that, in theory, they can erase humanity into powder especially now (in 2282 in the sense) due to their technologies

And what is your task in this DLC, and who told you that there are a lot of such plates, they could have gotten stupid here and crash, what kind of destruction of mankind are we talking about.

but the fact that in them, as in a faction or a society, there is no morality inherent in a fallout strains me.

So that's why the aliens, they generally may not have any morality, any feelings, they can be guided by completely different needs and goals, in fact, even in books and films, it is very often presented as such.
I don't even want to discuss everything else, since these are just speculations, the fact is that they do not contradict the lore of the game, besides, they have also developed such an easter egg before all this.

K
Kimchik 11.11.21

By sabzh, probably to be closer to the original ... m /

S
Stalin5014 11.11.21

Let them stir up something about aliens with the effect of "This is a twist!"

N
NTrojan 11.11.21

saa0891
In my opinion, plates fell to the ground from the first fall, there are probably a lot of them, those 2 ships that were shown to us may not be all, and even if they were brought there by chance, why did they steal people for several hundred years instead of trying to fly away ... And about the morality of aliens, again, it reminds one good horror series in which in one season they mixed at once - aliens, demons and genetic mutants, it turned out, of course, interesting and crazy, but somehow contradictory, because it is difficult to imagine that there is a devil in the world right away and aliens, in Fallout it's hard for me to imagine how the Enclave before the war and even after it did not notice the aliens and did not try to destroy them or take the technology, or why the aliens did not destroy the Enclave if it is the only force that can really threaten it

S
Stalin5014 11.11.21

sozhah
So let them stir up so that it would be a zbs.

s
saa0891 11.11.21

NTrojan

and even if they were brought there by chance, why did they steal people for several hundred years instead of trying to fly away

?

And about the morality of aliens, again,

I already wrote about this, it is stupid to talk about the morality of aliens, so we do not know anything about it.

in Fallout, it's hard for me to imagine how the Enclave before the war, and even after it, did not notice the aliens and did not try to destroy them or take the technology, or why the aliens did not destroy the Enclave if it is the only force that can really threaten it

You do not find that you have some kind of contradiction, you write that the level of technology of aliens is very high and you immediately wonder why the Enclave did not find them, we will only get on the ship because the saucer crashed, and not because it was shot down.
Again, I don’t see what could spoil the lore if mages or dragons were added to the game, but this clearly would not fit, but everything is perfectly played out and served.

K
Kyle_AMD 11.11.21

meagarry

You just did not understand a little of my thoughts. I based my conversation around two Bethesda games, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.
In this case, I was talking about the resurrection of Fallout by the hands of new developers.

N
NTrojan 11.11.21

saa0891
But the Enclave is technologically more advanced than all the others, it's just that all sorts of elite are eternally destroying it, so when I say that technologically advanced people, I don't take into account the Enclave from our side

s
saa0891 11.11.21

NTrojan

Okay, not the point, I liked the DLC, you don’t, we’ll end there, I just do not agree at all that it does not fit into the lore, well, that is. judging by your logic, the blaster of aliens in the game is normal, and the ship with aliens is no longer rolling.