3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sаnic 11.11.21 10:48 pm

It has come to pass. Gravitational waves detected

Today they officially announced the discovery of gravitational waves. Einstein predicted them 100 years ago. What do you think about this?
108 Comments
Sort by:
G
GTAman 11.11.21

Kind Ram
But at the same time people kill each other.
This is a problem of politics, not progress.

BioGen
No it doesn’t go How does
it manifest?

K
Kind ram 11.11.21

Veenine
Well, now you do not deny that progress is hindered due to the human factor?)

B
BioGen 11.11.21

Veenine
Man still considers himself to be the crown of evolution, think for yourself how much of humanity has brought troubles and suffering to the world around him? About people it is going to the best, but what surrounds us - suffers because of this!

s
sаnic 11.11.21

Kind Ram
Because of idiots.
BioGen
I don't give a damn about the world around me.

S
Sima4 11.11.21

... announced the discovery of gravitational waves ...
Has anyone already experienced this event?

And I don't give a damn about the world around me.
If so, then why was it necessary to zhakah topic about gravitational waves?

r
rPeBoJL 11.11.21

Has anyone already experienced this event for themselves?

I am puffed up this afternoon as something dangerous. this is it? No? but I thought ...

m
masha 11.11.21

I read about Gravitational Waves, it's pretty clear. I also understood from the article that space is time, determined by the speed of light. It takes time to move an object from one point to another, but if you teleport to your destination, you won't need to waste time moving around, which means you can find yourself in the future in this way. All this is somehow interconnected.

What do you think about this?
Radio waves were discovered, there is benefit.

G
GTAman 11.11.21

Kind Ram
Well, now you don’t deny that progress is inhibited due to the human factor?)
The fact that people “kill each other” influences scientific and technological progress even positively, it is enough to recall the inventions originally created for military needs. Another thing is that if military budgets were spent directly on science, the result could be more tangible.

BioGen
Man still considers himself the crown of evolution
And this is quite true at the moment. Are we not the most advanced species on this planet?

Think for yourself how much of humanity has brought troubles and suffering to the world around you, huh?
In fact, we usually kill animals with less (well, or not more) suffering for them than their natural enemies do. Yes, many species were exterminated out of stupidity, but this was mainly until the 20th century, when there was not enough knowledge of biology and ecology to understand the consequences, and the process of extermination was in no way connected with progress. Now hunting for endangered species is illegal, so it is unfair to blame humanity as a whole, specific violators of this prohibition are to blame.

About people it is going to the best, but what surrounds us - suffers because of this!
This is inevitable at some stage in the development of civilization. But at least we are now aware of this problem and strive to reduce the load on the biosphere. Industrialization and population growth occurred very quickly, spontaneously, the consequences were possible to assess only after the fact. And there is no turning back, but for some reason eco-activists do not understand this. What to do with billions of people - they do not say.

K
Kind ram 11.11.21

Suffice it to recall the inventions originally created for military purposes. Another thing is that if military budgets were spent directly on science, the result could be more tangible.

It is impossible not to agree if, remember that radio engineering was developed for the war, and as a result, many technical sciences were generated from it, but in the 21st century, much is happening exactly the opposite, such as an exoskeleton developed for disabled people is now patented for the US Army or a recent development " a robotic snake "specially for firefighters, the idea of ​​which is to pull wounded people out of the fire, for which the above forces have already begun" bargaining ".

Damn what example I will not give, it's the same everywhere ...

In general, the idea is that government agencies in advanced economies are not very interested in almost any aspect of science as such.

s
stalker7162534 11.11.21

Kind Ram
radio engineering evolved for war

He invented it?

K
Kind ram 11.11.21

stalker7162534
During the Great Patriotic War, radio engineering, namely radio communication, received a sharp development, which, before that, died out after the revolution.

Figured it out myself?
It seems like a couple of simple words, but you feel strong aggression on your part.

A
A.Soldier of Light 11.11.21

Kind Ram
strong aggression
No, this is not aggression in any way, just a disrespectful attitude, but this is typical for the Internet in general, there is no point in complaining about this)) It is not known who is on the other side: a respected uncle or a schoolboy =] It would seem , by the style of communication it is possible to determine, but not always, so guess how to address: "you" or "you", so as not to accidentally offend those who are especially touchy in this area) I saw such things.

s
stalker7162534 11.11.21

Kind Ram
radio communication received a sharp development, which, before that, died out after the revolution.

It is a pity that no one in the world knows this. Would you share your sensational discovery that radio communications around the world died out after (the October Revolution?).

G
GTAman 11.11.21

Kind Ram
remember that radio technology evolved for war.
And electronics too. The first electronic computers were developed for calculating artillery fire.

t
the endless misanthropy o 11.11.21

Think for yourself how much of humanity has brought troubles and suffering to the world around you, huh?

Trouble and suffering are words invented by people. We are the only species that can assess the damage to the world and give it meaning. The worm doesn't bother too much about this. For a worm, a nuclear explosion is no different from a meteorite fall. But a meteorite has no guilt, but a person does. All global problems are man-made problems, and there is no one who would consider them important.

A
A.Soldier of Light 11.11.21

Veenine
Aren't we the most evolved species on this planet?
Probably 8) But look: whoever saw comrade Yeti (snow man, bigfoot, etc.), he already doubts that we are the pinnacle of evolution. You will see, you will also doubt) I have not seen it yet. Do I want to see? Undoubtedly. And since I don’t drink, I don’t accept anything and I am a truth-lover, everyone can believe my words. Well this is so, by the way 8)

T
TheReds1892 11.11.21

what about us

G
GTAman 11.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
who saw the comrade Yeti (snow man, bigfoot, etc.), he already doubts that we are the pinnacle of evolution.
Even if yeti exist, why are they more developed than us? According to everything that is reported about them, this is some kind of relict hominid, at best a Neanderthal.

And since I don’t drink, I don’t accept anything and I am a truth-lover, everyone can believe my words.
All UFO observers, Yeti, Nessie, Chupacabra, devils, mermaids, ghosts, the figure of Christ in the heavens, and so on, and so on, and so on - all claim to be adequate and honest;)

r
rPeBoJL 11.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
who saw the comrade Yeti (snow man, bigfoot, etc.), he already doubts that we are the pinnacle of evolution.

have they noticed how cool ettifut has a smartphone or a fancy car ?? the fact that he mentally can order you to crap doesn't make you "highly developed". there dolphins generally shoot ultrasound

G
Gutseen 11.11.21

Veenine
so the Chilovecs cannot make a 2x2 meters sarcophagus from a single piece of marble,
but the ancient Egyptians (~ li) could.

pass?

why the hell do the Hindus have frescoes with men from space, dated dick-knows how many years before the birth of the Jewish necromancer?