3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mega GTAшnik aka AtikiN 11.11.21 11:35 pm

Secrets of the alpha / beta version of GTA: LCS (Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories)

This is a topic for discussion about what is known about early versions of LCS
47 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zmey20009 11.11.21

I haven't figured it out yet. Someday I will parse the

PSP-version image can be easily opened by WinRAR. If the game is in .cso - this is the same iso only compressed. Uncompressed with PSP ISO Compressor

The PS2 image is also opened by WinRAR (if it is in iso)

GTA3PS2.img and GTA3PSPHR.img is an analogue of gta3.img. GTA3PS2 is used in PS2, and GTA3PSPHR in PSP

Several interesting textures of GTA3PS2:

texture87.chk - texture94.chk - pedestrians from Vice City. How they got to LCS and what they are doing there is not clear
texture454.chk - an unknown vehicle. From the names of the textures it follows that this car is called Cooper and this is a hot rod
PlayGround.ru
texture455.chk - Weiss minigun
texture456.chk - MP5. Perhaps, too, was left from Weiss
texture554.chk - Ruger. The textures from Vice City PS2 are the LCS-style icons, but the Ruger is painted in the color of the GTA III icons. Was cut

Also tear gas was removed because of the lags. It can be obtained through the Cheat Device. If you throw it, then the game will start to slow down

TXD folder (PSP):

INTRO1.CHK - INTRO4.CHK - intro-screens from Vice City
LOADSC4.CHK - LOADSC22.CHK - empty loading screens. They just say loadsc4, loadsc5 ...
NEWS.CHK - NEWS3.CHK - very interesting splashes
PlayGround.ru

I would still disassemble the models, but I do not know how to import them

----------------- ---------------------

PlayGround.ru

PlayGround.ru

Beta Tony

H
HERO-MAN007 at lamerland 11.11.21

I would still disassemble the models, but I do not know how to import
them. I dug into these models, I did not find anything particularly interesting. Any beta elements that I find in the LSS image will, if possible, be restored in the LCS PC Edition. Basically, there are all remnants of GTA VC that they forgot to delete (or that could not be deleted, so as not to rewrite the GTAGAME Engine so much).

Here, behold the beta model, which could not be imported in any way.
pix.PlayGround.ru pix.PlayGround.ru

C
Carbon8909 11.11.21

HERO-MAN007 at lamerland
Tony is like himself in GTA III.

Beta:
Tony looked fatter (his model remained in the resources of the PSP version of the game).
Salvatore Leone had a different face.
Roger Hole, while jogging in the park (mission A Walk In The Park), was not dressed in a sports suit, but in a business suit.
pix.PlayGround.ru
Phil Cassidy has issued several missions.
Mission Mobile Massacre! was removed during the development of the game.
Assassination contracts have been removed from the game (implemented in GTA IV).
The Leone's Suit originally resembled Mr. Vercetti Outfit from GTA Vice City.
The player could buy property.
The Avenging Angels were called Avenging Angel's Fatigues.
SWAT fighters looked the same as in the release version of GTA III.

C
Carbon8909 11.11.21

Unused messages:
KABOOOM!
SPLAT!
PANCAKED!
SOAKED!

Cut weapon:
Ruger (HUD-icon):
pix.PlayGround.ru
Ruger's textures:
pix.PlayGround.ru

Tear Gas (HUD-icon and textures):
pix.PlayGround.ru
pix.PlayGround.ru

A
Awesome drew 11.11.21

Tony's clothes were a little different)

C
Carbon8909 11.11.21

The lawyer's suit was originally black, not dark blue:

Mission Morgue Party Resurrection - Donald Love is dressed in a business suit (in the release version, Donald has the rags of a bum):

In the beta version of the game, the Sicilians had yellow, not blue-gray Stingers :

One of the missions given by Maria - Tony in Wiseguy (costume).

This costume will be available to the player only after completing the "Shoot The Messenger" mission (at Staunton).

PCJ-600 from Vice City:

a
andreytre83 11.11.21

After the port of GTA: Liberty City Stories on iOS. Without wasting time, I downloaded and opened the ipa file (a game or application file for iOS devices) and found files from the GTA: 3 and GTA: Vice City games.
Opening default.ide, I saw that there were boats from GTA Vice City and one from GTA 3 (ghost) in the game.
In addition to the dodo plane, there is a skimmer, which until the port was unknown for its presence. And there are helicopters:
sparrow (id 199) from GTA VC which was unknown in the game.
escape (id 198) from GTA 3, that is, with the existence of this helicopter, helicopters from GTA Vice City (maverick, polmav.vcnmav, hunter and sparrow) would not be needed at all and instead of maverick, escape
PS appeared in the missions under id 199 also a chopper (a helicopter that appears in wanted level 3).
Download the game file and unpack it with an archiver.