3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aredin 12.11.21 07:16 pm

Alvin is this Jacob from Aldersberg? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I was one of many who would like to see Alvin from the game "The Witcher" in the add-on "Blood and Wine", but then I ran into information that Alvin is a former Grand Master who is already dead, and this is quite likely because Jacob, as and Alvin, the child of the Elder Blood, they are both sorcerers, it is also known that Alvin disappeared during the battle between the Order and Squirrels in Darkwater, and since he is the heir of Lara Dorren, the boy can travel in time and space, he returned to the past and became the Grand Master of the Order of the Burning Rose , as mentioned above, they have a lot in common, including the dream of a better future.
55 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wild rider 12.11.21

San226
"Nimue herself possessed the knowledge and skills that allowed her to move between worlds (like elves from the Alder people)"
But I don't remember this, where was it said?

"The lake, near which Nimue retired with the Fisher King, is apparently in some parallel universe from the one where the main events of the book take place."
The dreamer also crossed paths with the Fisher King, didn't she? Or does she also know how to move around the worlds? In my opinion, this version is far-fetched. I don’t remember that there was anything said about parallel worlds.

"when it was the 19th or 20th century, it is not a fact that it is one and the same universe."
There is still perhaps too little information about the 20th century and the world where Galahad lived, plus King Arthur is a mythological character. However, it seems to me that such a contrast was specially created in order to make it clear to the reader that Ciri is the ruler of not only space, but also time.

"And here it is worth noting that the Lady of the Lake personally opened a spatial portal for Ciri in order to direct her to the right place - isn't that sick?"
As I understand it, Nimue just gave a signal (well, or just thought about Ciri), and Ciri subconsciously caught it during the next "jump" and has already moved into the future.
http://vedmak.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9D%D0%B8%D0%BC%D1%83%D1%8D It
says here that she met Ciri twice. The first time - by accident and she did not open the portal.

"I think even Pan Sapkovsky himself did not fully understand his theory in his head!"
Sapkowski leaked Itlina's prophecy about the White Cold. There is no information on how humanity will survive with the arrival of the ice age and who will be the savior. Most likely, he is a descendant of Ciri, and the Projects got a gag when, in part 3, Ciri enters the tower and simply gives a respite to White Chlad. I would be more glad if this savior really turned out to be Yakov (alive, eu). And it would have turned out in the style of Sapkowski: there is a hero, but he is ambiguous, to some extent even a villain, with his skeletons in the closet.

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
"Nimue threw up her arms sharply, shouted a formula. Condwiramursa, seeing the image emerging in the air and enlarging, concentrated more. The image immediately sharpened. A portal loomed. A gate, beyond which appeared ...
... a plateau dotted with the remains of ships. A castle clung to the sharp cliffs of the cliff and towering above the black mirror of a mountain lake ...
"This way!" Nimue shrieked. "This is the road you must follow! Ciri, daughter of Pavetta! with a Purpose! "
http://knijky.ru/books/vedmak-vladychica-ozera?page=143

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
"The Dreamer also crossed paths with the Fisher King, didn't she?" - As far as I remember, we get to know the dreamer in the book when the Fisher King ferries her across the lake, how she ended up there is not known (or I really don't remember anymore). I personally had the feeling when reading that the lake is some kind of spatial crossroads, at which Nimue, with the help of the Dreamer, intercepts and directs Ciri to the right place (she is exactly waiting for her, knows that she will appear by the lake and prepared for the meeting) ...

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
I imagine it this way:
According to books (and in reality), time only moves forward, but in relatively different universes it has its own starting point and pace. Therefore, moving from one universe to another and back, you can jump over a significant period of time (for example, jumped into one and stayed there for a year, returned, and in the original universe 50 years have passed already, something like that), and time can be controlled only in the sense of a combination jumps across different worlds. But only forward! Ciri cannot jump into the past of her original universe and meet there, for example, with herself, what has already happened in her world has happened. In fact, she uses the same portals as ordinary magicians, only not within the framework of one universe, but can also move between different worlds.
It is precisely this plan of Sapkowski that is confirmed by the epilogue to the last book "The Season of Thunderstorms", when little Nimue meets Geralt 105 (one hundred and five!) Years after his alleged death from a kmet fork really shook her off with some sign of Somn (axiem ??), so that she would all take their meeting as a dream). If Ciri transferred Geralt and Ian to another world to the Island of Apple Trees, then returning from that world back (as it is silent in the book) Geralt could well have jumped over a hundred years.

"He looked at her for a long time. He was silent. Nimue was also silent, staring at the ground.
" What year is it now?
"
“If so,” the white-haired man wiped his face with a gloved hand, “then Geralt of Rivia has long been dead. He died one hundred and five years ago. But I think he would be glad if ... He would be glad that, after these one hundred and five years, people remember him. That they remember who he was. Bah, they even remember the name of his horse. Yes, I think he would be glad ... If he could know about it. Let's go to. I will accompany you "...
..." Here we will part, - he gently interrupted her. - Before you is the road to your destination. Before me is a completely different path. The story goes on, the story never ends. As for the Signs ... There is one that you do not know. It's called Somn. Take a look at my hand.
She looked up.
“Illusion,” she heard from somewhere, very far away. - It's all an illusion.
- Hey girl! Do not sleep, otherwise they will rob!
She raised her head. She rubbed her eyes. And jumped up from the ground.
- I fell asleep? Slept? "...

But if Ciri knew how to manage time, then she would obviously not have dragged the wounded Geralt to another world, but would have returned to the past, would have pulled out that person that she raised the pitchfork to her foster parent, and would have broken his arms) .

Alvin managed to precisely move in time in one of his universe, to look into the future and then go back in time, to reform the Order of flaming roses and live so this (when he disappeared during a skirmish elves with the order) ... something like that ... it it seems to me that this was a deviation from the game developers from Sapkowski's plan)

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
"I would be more glad if Jacob really turned out to be this savior ..."
Well, I don't know, but what to do with Ciri then, without her Geralt's motivation had to be quite different to get involved in all this. And then Jacob dies in the 1st part of the game, then again invent a far-fetched story with resurrection (as for me, a similar story with Geralt was more than enough)? I doubt that the scriptwriters got something intelligible in this direction, and the fans of the book would have thrown "tomatoes" for sure))

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

San226
"I personally got the feeling when reading that the lake is some kind of spatial intersection, at which Nimue, with the help of the Dreamer, intercepts and directs Ciri to the right place (she is just waiting for her, knows that she will appear by the lake and prepare for meeting). "
It's clear. The lake is still a portal. But you haven't convinced me that Ciri moves only in space. Rather, the Lake served as the magnet that attracted Ciri during her accidental leap into the future. Well, tree-sticks, twice it happened. Well, in fact, then Nimue used it to open another space-time portal. Moreover, on her own, she could not open this portal, let alone travel in time, and even more so, since for this one had to have the Elder Blood. (my version)
And here's what's next in the text: "This way!" Nimue cried shrilly. "This is the road you must follow! Ciri, daughter of Pavetta! Enter the portal, go the path leading to the meeting with Destiny! Let the ring of times be closed! Yes. the serpent Ouroboros will plunge its teeth into its tail! "

"She is just waiting for her, knows that she will appear at the lake and prepared for the meeting"
Well, well, well, I would like to remember how she knew that Ciri would appear here again.

“According to books (and in reality), time only moves forward, but in relatively different universes it has its own point of reference and pace.”
Of course. This is not hidden in the book. But we only argue about the world where Nimue lived in order to find out the abilities of Ciri.

"If Ciri transferred Geralt and Ian to another world on the Island of Apple Trees, then returning from that world back (as it is silent in the book) Geralt could well have jumped over a hundred years."
Exactly. According to the canon, the book Geralt was absent for a long time in the world where he was born. I spent at least 100 years on Apple Island (it could take only 2-3 hours for them) with Yen. And he had no adventures with the Salamanders and others, if Nimue found out all the reliable information about Geralt. Otherwise, the book legends will contradict the stories from the game)

"But if Ciri knew how to manage time, then she would obviously not have dragged the wounded Geralt to another world, but would have returned to the past, would have pulled out the thing that the pitchfork had lifted on her adoptive parent, and would have broken his arms). "
You do not quite understand) According to the book, she did not control her teleportation. Those. if he wants to teleport, he will do it, but where is unknown. Therefore, she rode around the worlds for a long time until she stumbled upon a "natural magnet" (lake). Time is similar.
By the way, do you remember her vision of where Geralt freezes? Most likely, she saw a probable future. From the desires and actions of Ciri, when she wanted to save Geralt, as well as from the desires and actions of Nimue, when she wanted to meet with Ciri, such a contact was obtained. In this way, Nimue influenced the legend (her story) that she wanted to know, i.e. changed the past, which had almost no effect on the present. - (version 1)
Or they did what they had to. The destiny was fulfilled, the snake of Ouroboros closed its tail, and the visions were a lie, but they fulfilled their function (to motivate Ciri). - (version 2)
In any case, it seemed to me that Sapkowski shows the power of thoughts and desires of two sorceresses, which is stronger than time ... I really liked this moment in the book.

"Alvin, however, managed to move in time precisely within the framework of his own universe, to look into the future, then return to the past."
When did he say that he was in the future? The master spoke only of his visions. And he moved in time only once (it is reliably known) and then by accident. The rest of the movements can only be guessed at.

"Well, I don't know, but what to do with Ciri then, without her Geralt's motivation had to be completely different in order to get involved in all this."
Alvin's abilities can be explained by the presence of the Elder Blood, which was passed on to him from Ciri (or her descendants). Those. in this case, he is 100% born in the future. The main thing is that you can create such a scenario so that the player, along with all the characters, does not know about it until the very end of the game. Well, then the Master moves to an even more distant future, when the ice age comes ... Of course, this requires another ending in part 1, where the Wild Hunt would take him alive into their world. IMHO, it would be more interesting. In an extreme case, you can explain his resurrection, it is enough to weave here some Gunther O'Dim. It would be a fantasy, again ...

"I doubt that the writers got something intelligible in this direction, and the fans of the book would definitely have thrown them with" tomatoes "))"
Fans of the saga will not throw tomatoes only if Sapek says ($$$ from the Projects): " yes, that's right, it's canon "))

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
Sapek is already frowning at the game, everything is grumbling, they say the game is a game, and books are books))) but it seems to me that he just sold cheap (now even Geralt's HBO cannot sell when he gained such popularity) And Projects like they manage without it)

PS / I wonder how many pieces of silver (more precisely, Polish zlotys) were given by the Projects to Sapkowski ... I tried to google, but I couldn't find any information ... Commercial secret!)

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
"When did he say that he was in the future?" -
Well, yes, I got excited) It would be more correct to say that I looked (made up) my future and fell into the past, perhaps so ... The main thing is that he is the only one who jumped into the past ...

"But we argue ..." - Yes, we do not argue anymore))) Rather, we share our impressions and the fact that they are somewhat different is quite normal.

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

San226
"but it seems to me that he just
sold out " He made a poor price and is now biting his elbows. However, from book 7 it was clear that he was tired of the Witcher.

"The main thing is that he is the only one who jumped into the past ..."
It turns out so.

"Yes, we don't argue anymore))) Rather, we share our impressions and the fact that they are somewhat different is quite normal."
Well, yes)

http://img.playground.ru/images/9/7/2015-05-31_00005.jpg
Here is the letter itself, where Jacob thinks that he has the Elder Blood. Whether this is really so, or are these delusions of an insane character, you can find out only by asking the scriptwriters of the SD Project.

S
San226 12.11.21

Wild Rider
On October 18, 1927, in the village of BIRYUGA, in the family of peasants Vitman YAKOV Yakovlevich and ALVINA Ivanovna, a boy was born - Karl)))
http://wiki-sibiriada.ru/index.php/Vitman_Karl_Yakovlevich

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

San226
"BIRYUGA"
I got associations only with Bindyuga.

"in the family of peasants Vitman YAKOV Yakovlevich and ALVINA Ivanovna a boy was born - Karl)))"
Heh.

M
MephistoXX 12.11.21

predator999
"The Wild Hunt could have easily taken him away and not worn out and started an invasion." The same situation with Thaler, who can be given to be torn apart by De Wett. Only in 3 parts Thaler will still appear, and all because the developers considered the first option not canonical.

P
Pril balsam 12.11.21

Wild Rider
San226

What about Jacob / Alvin's two-dimensional necklace?

S
San226 12.11.21

Cheryl
What about this trinket, except that it's another clue that Jacob is Alvin? (As far as I remember, Geralt at the end of the first game discusses him with Buttercup, he says, exactly what I gave Alvin, only worn out by time. And Buttercup answers: you never know how many such necklaces there can be. intrigue is not disclosed). And also the fact that Alvin was such a powerful "source" that in a moment of intense fright he was able to overcome the restraining power of the necklace.

PS / To summarize, here are all the clues that Alvin = Jacob:
Spoiler- In the first chapter, you can hear from Alvin that he is constantly dreaming about winter. Yakov had similar dreams;
- In the fifth chapter, Triss rightly notes that if Alvin was able to overcome the protection of the amulet, then he can be transported to any place through space and time;
- When meeting with the Grand Master in the cemetery swamps in the fifth chapter, he will tell Geralt that he does not owe him anything, since he has already paid in full;
- In the epilogue, the Grand Master, in a conversation with the witcher, uses phrases that Geralt said to Alvin in the fourth chapter;
- If you give Jacob's soul to the King of the Wild Hunt, he will report that the Grand Master was known to the witcher under a different name;
- The amulet that can be found on Jacob's body after returning from the Frozen Wasteland is Alvin's worn amulet.

W
Wild rider 12.11.21

Cheryl
Everyone has already said for me)

San226
"And also the fact that Alvin was such a powerful" source ""
For the developers of the game, there seems to be no difference between the usual Source and the Elder Blood)