3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
solus. 19.11.21 12:07 pm

How I love the atmosphere and logic of Fallout 4! (Fallout 4)

That's what Bethesda is best at - convincing game scenes, dramatic plot collisions and an indescribable sequence of game characters involved in the actions!
Spoiler

68 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lou Tenant 19.11.21

NightHawkreal
By the way, the resident of the shelter, who spent his whole life in the greenhouse conditions of this very shelter, is also painfully cool.
Here it is worth considering the fact that from the point of view of the GG - he stayed in that shelter no more than 15 minutes. Another thing is Fallout 3, where, indeed, GG lived in a shelter almost from the very birth, and when he got out, he was able to fight on a par with the Brotherhood of Steel, and this at his 19 years old and without military training.

But the Obsidians also have a lame logic - there were too many pianos from the bushes in New Vegas. An ordinary courier for a conditional year was able to:
-become a confidant of Caesar / Mr. House's protégé / agent of the NKR / ruler of New Vegas
-become the only person who could get to the Sierra Madre vault and return back to the Mojave
-resolve the crisis in the Zion canyon
- to become the master of the Big Mountain - to
defeat Ulysses, Caesar's best fry.

Although, on the other hand, these are all petty quibbles, because from the very first part of the GG was the right person, who ended up in the wrong place. What is the destruction of the army of the Creator by an ordinary Vault Dweller or the Enclave by his grandson - the chosen beggar from the Mumba-Yumba tribe.

N
Nighthawkreal 19.11.21

solus.
This is already a local simplified crafting system, in theory, the turret should be assembled from a sensor module, a rifle, a trigger, batteries and a pair of pieces of iron on the body, picked up from the raider's corpse.

Lou Tenant The
right person in the wrong place can turn the world. I'm talking about the third, in the first parts of the GG are acceptable.

s
solus. 19.11.21

NightHawkreal
"The right person in the wrong place can turn the world around."

No "one person" in any "special place" is capable of "turning the world upside down". In order not to delve into offtopic, I recommend rereading "War and Peace" LNT. The meaning of "historical figures" is well explained there;) And our barefoot, who came out of the Vault and fired at the radroach, is far from Napoleon;)

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Olly-alpha
Well, what to say - the main character is purely coincidental (!!) turned out to be superwoman and latent Natural Born Killers)) True YY others are not, but it is, by the way ....
There was no need to do Bethesda uncle, military and a lawyer's aunt
And this is very true! If this "line" was erased from the game, then the aunt could be in the "past" life, for example, a hitman. Or a shooting champion or someone else ... And there would be no questions. The stupidity is that the background was written in advance.

Or maybe the lawyer is a cover? ; D

L
Lou Tenant 19.11.21

By the way, I also love logic in this game!

Let's start:
1. Meeting with Sean.
If the son can be understood (how many people remember their first year of life?), Then the father is generally tough. Whichever answer was chosen, Stanislavsky would simply weep bitter tears from anyone. If only for this moment they could try to make the scene unforgettable, but we see GG's antics and his indifference that he found his son, albeit with a "delay" of 60 years.

2. The logic of the BS.
Did the "subway" help us with the decoding of the hunter's chip? Destroy! Did the mutated doctor help us find the hunter and tell us the secret of teleportation? Destroy! Are some wasteland civilians to blame for not being like ordinary people? Destroy! I really hope that some kind of DLC will come out, which will tell how the Enclave could turn into a BS, because this organization just looks like it.

3. Technology of rejuvenation.
You know, it feels like Kellogg was added at the very end of development to somehow explain how one-year-old Sean turned into an old man. Why was he able to get some incomprehensible implants that somehow preserve even the skin (!!!), but not Sean? Okay, if Kellogg turned out to be a synth, but we are directly told that he is a person with implants, not a synth!

4. There is no choice.
Of all parts up to 4, only Frank Horrigan could not be persuaded, but even in that case, one could not personally kill, but let others do it. But here, even with such a secondary antagonist as Kellogg, they are not allowed to resolve everything peacefully. Although it may be the fault of the new dialogue system, where among "Yes No [Sarcasm] Question?" no room for "Peaceful Solution"?

5. Motivation of factions.
Minutemen: we will help the residents, because ... uh ... you know, once upon a time there were Minutemen who fought for independence, so we also want to be like them, because ... uh ... take that settlement over there, we need those 2 farmers, they will become good fighters. And don't ask why, the general is not supposed to think.
Subway: we will save runaway synths, because ... uh ... you know, once upon a time there was a certain "Railroad" that saved runaway black slaves, so we also want to be like them, because what ... uh ... go ahead and put some weird crap on the roof. And don't ask why, the agent is not supposed to think.
BS: we will destroy all sorts of mutants, ghouls, raiders, because ... uh ... you know, they haunted us in the Capital Wasteland, so we harbored a grudge against them and it doesn't matter whether they are good or evil. Because we are the Brotherhood of Steel and we ... uh ... you better go kill those who helped us. And don't ask why, the guard is not supposed to think.
Institute: we are a highly developed society that strives to make the world a better place, because ... uh ... after all, someone has to do it, and there is no one besides us. There are also guys like the Brotherhood of Steel, they also have high technologies, but you destroy them, they are against us and we do not need a peaceful dialogue, because ... uh ... they are unworthy of our society. And then there is the Subway, they help fugitive synths to hide, you destroy them too, they are generally scum and are unworthy of our society. You know what, you missed my 60 birthdays, so do that instead of all the gifts you owe me.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

By the way, walking through Kellogg's memories - namely, in the shelter - you can poke at any camera and hear his following words:

I still did not manage to understand why it was impossible to freeze the rest, but an order is an order. Looks like the old man didn't want to leave any unnecessary traces.
Alas, the only person who really should have been destroyed, he left alive.

What kind of old man? Is it Sean, who is being kidnapped at this time?

M
Mercurionio 19.11.21

Sonic778
Former employer. Probably one of the heads of the Volt-tech.

S
Siromanto 19.11.21

To all of the above: the world of FallOut ran out of oil, which led to the development of micronuclear technology and a war for the remaining resources. That is, in this world, gasoline and internal combustion engines are a rarity, a rarity?
No matter how it is - electric generators - on gasoline, turrets - on gasoline ... They rush and vibrate, Karl!
WHERE???
Yes, if we killed the Protectron on the wastelands, dragged it home and from it, having high intelligence and knowledge in electronics, would bungle a turret on micro-nuclear (!) Batteries, then it would be - here it is, logic!
But no ... If according to the plot I see a dragon and learn to yell at him, this can also be explained somehow ...

O
Olly-alpha 19.11.21

Lou Tenant
For the Courier and the Wanderer, I will intercede a little.
The courier in the game is positioned as a person unique in all respects. This is emphasized by add-ons, this is stated in the slideshow, this is not forgotten by individual NPCs. Where, from what this uniqueness stems, we are allowed to think out on our own. We do not know the details, the Courier's past is full of gaps, but Obsidian gives us a unique personality, gives us some basis, the rest is left to the discretion of the player.

The Wanderer, in turn, barely leaving the Vault, well, in no way can fight on a par with the BS. He can, relying on Dexterity and Luck, carry out several critical attacks in the VATS in order to overwhelm a couple of super mutants, but at the starting levels and at high difficulty, even a couple of swamps can beat him up. Really on an equal footing, he can fight only after having solidly pumped, and then in order to show the class, one must not forget about caution, VATS and stimpacks. In addition, the Wanderer in the end does not decide anything, does not lead anything, does not invent anything and does not know how to assemble a teleport on his knee. Maximum - a cover-mine or "Raketka", and even then according to the drawings. Even "Purity" was unobtrusively squeezed out of him, he is exactly what a 19-year-old (albeit at some point already dofiga pumped up) boy. Its only value and "legendary" according to the plot - this is what he knows about the incredibly complex code from the Purifier, which you just can't find right now. Well, and the fact that in "Broken Hills" he is given already really advanced tasks, because it is very convenient - "pumped" errand boy. It is the boy (or the girl, who plays whom) and it is the errand. That's his whole role, and this is logical. Yes, and it develops not behind the high walls of the Pentagon ... sorry, Citadels, but directly in the Wasteland and most of the plot even without the ability to put on power armor. In six months, such a 19-year-old "greenhouse boy" will have a higher survival and endurance skill than some brave fighters in power armor. he is given already really advanced tasks, because it is very convenient - a "pumped up" errand boy. It is the boy (or the girl, who plays whom) and it is the errand. That's his whole role, and this is logical. Yes, and it develops not behind the high walls of the Pentagon ... sorry, Citadels, but directly in the Wasteland and most of the plot even without the ability to put on power armor. In six months, such a 19-year-old "greenhouse boy" will have a higher survival and endurance skill than some brave fighters in power armor. he is given already really advanced tasks, because it is very convenient - a "pumped up" errand boy. It is the boy (or the girl, who plays whom) and it is the errand. That's his whole role, and this is logical. Yes, and it develops not behind the high walls of the Pentagon ... sorry, Citadels, but directly in the Wasteland and most of the plot even without the ability to put on power armor. In six months, such a 19-year-old "greenhouse boy" will have a higher survival and endurance skill than some brave fighters in power armor. but directly in the Wasteland and most of the plot, even without the ability to put on power armor. In six months, such a 19-year-old "greenhouse boy" will have a higher survival and endurance skill than some brave fighters in power armor. but directly in the Wasteland and most of the plot, even without the ability to put on power armor. In six months, such a 19-year-old "greenhouse boy" will have a higher survival and endurance skill than some brave fighters in power armor.

In general, that in F3, that in Vegas, the character's incredible coolness has some, but still justify. The courier itself is unique, the Wanderer is still pumping, mutating a hundred times ... And it doesn't matter, by and large, M and F, the start is the same, no Bethesdian gag. Unlike.
I don't know where all those people who wrote the characters' characters for the same three-ruble note, built the quest system, thought over and implemented the reaction of the NPC to the player's actions, went to. Have you quit? Are they dead? It's a pity, in short.

V
Verzor 19.11.21

Mercurionio
In principle, it is possible. But in his previous recollection (where he himself comes to the Institute), he is hired by some aunt.

M
Melnik19941994 19.11.21

I entered the airship of the brotherhood of steel, and simply pulled out nuclear blocks from all the soldiers in power armor (pumped up the pickpocketing perk). Now there are only empty exoskeletons in armor, and the soldiers had to get out of them and walk in overalls)))

A
AndreySol 19.11.21

Degenerative snot of a schoolboy, again, degenerative, consumed by this DANGEROUS toy ...

m
mdskzo 19.11.21

Olly-alpha
flunked, just flunked, and not slammed the legendary chimney - pffff, and in it some kind of star-shaped gun, two and a half times larger than the chimney itself.

44lok 19.11.21

mdskzo
You are fabulously lucky that the drone did not have cartridges for the legendary gun - he could, after all, shoot back :)

m
mdskzo 19.11.21

He also had 44lok cartridges with him, and it was for this gun, but apparently the blower was very arrogant, and decided that he would cope with me with the help of his fart.

A
AYes 19.11.21

mdskzo
He did not have 2 years of military service behind his shoulders and he could not remove the gun from the safety lock.

H
Hexogen 19.11.21

This can be blamed on a simple technical flaw.
But the real problem with logic is the "Boy in the Refrigerator" quest. According to the plot, the boy sat in the refrigerator for 200 years and survived, becoming a ghoul. That is, he hid from a nuclear explosion in a refrigerator, like Indiana Jones (1), spent two hundred years there without food and water (2), without going blind in complete darkness (3), without losing his mind (4), without forgetting to speak ( 5), and not matured (6).
And at the end of the quest, when we return the boy to his parents, who live in the house, consider, in the middle of a huge wasteland and almost next to the bogs' nest (7), some guy comes and says that they need a boy. At the same time, it is absolutely not explained why (8).

A
Abzzz 19.11.21

Cool video about unique weapons. Kick-ass !!! Just!!

R
RicoChico 19.11.21

I don’t know about Morrka, but with the oblivon Arbor couldn’t get into logic.
The capital of Tamriel is home to about 30-50 people, of which half are guards. When there are simply crowds of bandits and monsters living in the forests / caves / ruins.

Hexogen It is
even more strange that over the years only GG has found this refrigerator, literally under the nose of the city ravaged by synths.

S
Soniaa 19.11.21

Lou Tenant

in the 3rd point, there Sean said that these implants cause a negative reaction, like it affects the brain and over time Kellogg lost his mind (or something like that).
But if the Institute is so advanced that they didn’t improve implants and didn’t do Sean), and indeed they create synths, but they cannot cure cancer: D

Otherwise, I completely agree that I didn’t particularly like it because there is little choice of action. Correctly described, they helped, but no ... they need to be destroyed ... there is no alternative of choice, this is not enough ... It turns out that the plot is not completed to the end (

The only bright quest that I remember was "blind betrayal" and only because there was the same choice. The GG himself / herself decided what to do next. But in the end, upon completion of the quest, stupidity killed again))). For example, GG refused to execute, and then the answer is "well, nothing, I will close my eyes to your failure to comply with the order, you are all so good, get a promotion": D