3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Aredin 19.11.21 10:58 pm

What's the best ending? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I'm starting to go through the Witcher on a new one, I can't decide which ending to go through
Spoiler
1. Ciri - Empress 2. Ciri - the witcher
3. Ciri dies - we take revenge on the witch.
62 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Lyokha-Bro
- There is no better ending - everyone decides for himself.
1. Ciri the witch: how Ciri would like to live, and Ciri herself said that she wants freedom, and not that someone constantly uses her for something ...
2. Ciri the empress: she will finally be able to get to know her father better , although he simply uses it, but he did it all his life, he cannot do otherwise. This does not mean that Emhyr does not love Ciri in his own way: at the end of the book saga, he leaves Ciri to Geralta, since she did not want to leave, although she could take her and kill the witcher and the sorceress. Only now Ciri, being an empress, will most likely change for the worse - such is the power ... Although this ending contradicts the book - it is known that Emhyr will live until the 1290s, and the name of his heir is known - Morvran Voorhis.
3. Ciri and Geralt die? - perhaps the correct ending, putting an end to the story and echoing the end of the book saga ... Here, too, Ciri left (the witch could lie about her death), and Geralt died (and that is not a fact, as in the book).

ZlobnyDed
It's not a fact that other options for raising Ciri are bad: you can drink instead of snowballs, support Ciri with sorceresses, give a necklace instead of a pogrom of the laboratory (the necklace is more logical, and Geralt says there that she needs to accept who she is), well, and visit the grave it is possible after the battle (although it will not take so much time anyway, and the initiative in the battle with the Wild Hunt is on the side of our heroes). But to visit Emgyr or not, only Ciri had to decide ... and depending on her answers to Emhyr, the ending of the game would be determined ... That would be more correct.

b
b11zzard 19.11.21

I
Iasthope 19.11.21

I liked more than 1 - the balance between joy and sadness, the most emotional.

C
CRASHBULLET 19.11.21

krakaziabra
Yes, but here's a game)) but in the game there are only small references to books, which means you can create anything)

K
Krrrva 19.11.21

Ciri empress is like a swallow in a cage, so

K
Krrrva 19.11.21

Mantykora
But it was only Ciri who had to decide whether to visit Emgyr or not ... and depending on her answers to Emgyru, the ending of the game would be determined ... That would be more correct.
I totally agree, it's a pity that it is not so

P
Putnik_Dirar 19.11.21

Ciri chooses the path of a witch - this is what Ciri herself would wish for.
Ciri the Empress is what those around her would want for her.
But to be honest, what accompanied the epilogue at the second ending (Geralt and his friends in the tavern, hunting with Ciri for a griffin, fishing, and just a cute pastime) I liked much more than the short scene with the one where Ciri is the witcher.

u
urban.kalabanovich 19.11.21

The best ending is the one that turned out during the first playthrough, even though it caused me emotions like "WTF", the rest is just an experiment, a desire to get acquainted with all the "possibilities" of the game.

W
Wild rider 19.11.21

3 - I think if Sapek would have continued the plot of The Witcher, he would have ended Geralt's story in something like that. This ending hooked me the most, so I think it's the best.
1- A slightly sad, but quite logical ending, where Ciri decides to turn on her brains and change her attitude towards life.
I don't like the ending where Ciri becomes a witch at all. Absolutely insipid sickly happy ending.
I'm waiting for cons and tomatoes = /

i
icebear2 19.11.21

Putnik_Dirar
Yes, but I don’t want her to be in Nilfgaard, and it’s better to let Emhyr die, he’s still a bastard. Although from 1 time she became an empress only because he took her to Emgyr and could not betray Roche and killed Diykstra. In any case, Ciri can still lay claim to the throne of Cintra. Ciri the witch is the best ending for me.

R
Roy jons 19.11.21

Of course 2))

M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Putnik_Dirar
Yes, at the ending where Ciri is a witch, they would add a witch's order for two ... but this is so,

Wishlist ... urban.kalabanovich
I agree, the first time - he is the best. Ciri became a witch for me.

icebear2
Emhyr may be a bastard, but above all he is an emperor. Therefore, first he acts as an emperor, and only then as a man and a father. The rulers have a different morality, and Emhyr is a good emperor ...

M
Mad_est 19.11.21

The best ending is the one you choose for yourself, author. In your playthrough, it's up to you to decide exactly how this story ends. Actually, I got the ending: Ciri is a witch. She did not become my empress, although I took her to Emgyr. Probably because the kingdoms of the north won, and Dijkstra became king. Although I would not mind if Ciri became an empress, but Nilfgaard and Emhyr, I somehow do not really like. And yes, whether Ciri will become a witcher / empress depends entirely on Geralt, which is a pity.

P
Putnik_Dirar 19.11.21

icebear2
Emhyr, as for me, did not distinguish himself in any way to wish him death. Hide Ciri from him? It's true. There are many kings in the queue in front of Emgyr who deserved to be finished much more.
And again, in the book, he let Geralt and Ciri go, and I think that it is somehow illogical to return to this again. That is, he understands how much grief Ciri brought, and gives it to Geralt, and after a couple of years (the beginning of the plot of the Wild Hunt) he sharply changes his mind and again takes up his own. Somehow it does not fit with the image of that reasonable and wise emperor. So, he fully deserves the North, but not Ciri.

M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Mad_est
Yes, in order for Ciri to become an empress, three conditions must be met:
1. Take her to Emgyr.
2. Perform "correctly" at least 1 of the 4 points of education.
3. Emhyr must stay alive.

Putnik_Dirar
It's just that the political situation in Nilfgaard has changed again in the game, and not a couple of years have passed, but 4 years. And if the game is associated with a book - victory should be on the side of Nilfgaard - Emhyr will die much later. And hiding Ciri is also not entirely correct ... Now Geralt says that Ciri herself will decide whether to return to Emhyr, then Ciri asks Geralt to decide for her, and then succumbs to the persuasion of an experienced daddy-politician. Either the development of this moment was incomplete, or Ciri still did not become an adult to the end. She somehow avoids fateful decisions, immediately behaves like a child, although she tries to be an adult.

M
Mad_est 19.11.21

Mantykora
It is clear, but the living Emhyr and the victory of Nilfgaard are not for me. Nilfgaard is frankly tired of his aggressive policy. And the witchers, nothing frankly good awaits, according to Leto's stories. It's a pity there is no quest to kill Emhyr, that's what I would definitely like to participate in.

M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Mad_est The
aggressive policy of Nilfgaard is better than the mad king Radovid, and "freedom is worse than slavery" (executions of nonhumans and sorcerers). The people of the North have survived three wars with the Nilfgaard empire in 9 years, even if Emhyr loses, a new war will not be long in coming ... but even if there is peace ... and stable power - what difference does it make to whom to pay taxes? And I killed Diystra - I could not leave Roche, after he helped me in Kaer Morhen, this is somehow not human. And Temeria only formally recognizes the power of the emperor, after the death of Foltest, this is the best that can happen to her.

And the witchers in any way do not expect anything good. They will all die, since there is no reproduction mechanism. From the power of the empire, the same Geralt can go to Kovir, there is still Ophir, Zerrikania ...

M
Mad_est 19.11.21

Mantykora Dijkstra
rules me, and he began to build factories, build up military power and so on. So the empire of the south will be opposed by the empire of the north. Plus or minus neutral states that also participate in the war in one way or another. Temeria and Roche, they can think anything, but they are under the rule of the emperor. And if the emperor wants, they will be crushed. Moreover, Emhyr keeps his word only when it suits him. Summer then he threw.
Geralt can then flee to Kovir with Triss, and the rest of his friends?

M
Mantykora 19.11.21

Mad_est
Empires of the North and South will clash again - in a new war, and this is all over again with even greater fierceness ... which will lead to the exhaustion of the parties and the strengthening of Kovir - there will be Kovir Empire ... At the current moment 1272, among the neutral states only Kovir, which no one will touch, and which will not climb anywhere - as it holds the money of both parties to the conflict.
Nilfgaard - of course, far from sugar, but Diistra's empire will not be better, and maybe worse ...

The rest of Geralt's friends are Buttercup bard, who will touch him? Zoltan - in the empire there are no such strong prejudices against non-humans as in the North ... Ian, with or without Geralt, is leaving, it is not said where, but I think, away from the empire, magicians are under the control of the emperor.

B
BioGen 19.11.21

The first time when I pass the third ending came out.