3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
M3tZeller 21.11.21 08:49 pm

How did GG survive in the shelter for 200 years and not grow old a bit? (Fallout 4)

We all know that 200 years have passed since the beginning of the war and the time in which the actual main game takes place. And I am tormented by the question: how did he stay exactly the same as before the war? Cryo chambers or sleep chambers connected to the feeding apparatus? Then another question arises if this is suspended animation or freezing - then who awakened the GG? (after all, only he survived in the shelter)

PS Previously in the Fallout series, there were suspended animation chambers or cryo chambers?
132 Comments
Sort by:
N
NTrojan 21.11.21

Mountain
, why would they die out? Although they cannot reproduce, people under the influence of radiation continue to turn into ghouls, in F3 - Moira during the explosion of the Megaton, in FNV - the soldiers of the Searchlight camp

M
Mountain 21.11.21

NTrojan
ghouls have no immortality)))

M
Mercurionio 21.11.21

Mountain
They have slowed down aging, but this metabolism also opens up unprecedented possibilities for genetic transformations. Maybe from radiation under certain conditions, they can "rejuvenate"? Who knows?
By the way, there were already clones in the game. In New Vegas, it seems, there was a hideout with a crowd of stupid clones (they still had to get wet). Well, or in 3 parts, I don't remember.

N
Nighthawkreal 21.11.21

In fact, no more than 30 years have passed since the 3rd, and some ghouls still found the war, so it's too early for them to die out.

w
warp 37 21.11.21

It’s as if it’s elementary to guess that it’s possible to wake up in two hundred years, remaining in the same state, only thanks to cryonics.

K
KOsMILE 21.11.21

Nuclear war, whatever you want can happen.

B
Brending2236 21.11.21

Probably frozen

K
K. V. 21.11.21

Buck Rogers in the original comics took a breath of gas and went into hibernation for several centuries.
Why is GG worse?

s
solus. 21.11.21

The option in which the main character at the end of the storyline will be an android cannot be denied. Firstly, this logically explains the 200-year interval during which it has not changed, and secondly, it fits perfectly into the set of plot lines with androids, MIT, etc. features of the plot. In addition, recently the idea of ​​the equivalence of AI and human experiences has been increasingly exploited (remember, for example, the Mass Effect series, etc.) - so be prepared for the fact that at the end of the storyline of the new Fallout the player will be "surprised" by the discovery in style "Harkness - you are not human!"

R
Roma Alibekov 21.11.21

Perhaps the rest died due to a power outage.

W
Wicked mole 21.11.21

we can he was a ghoul, but they worked on him and in this regard, his memory was knocked off

-
-Raixs- 21.11.21

solus.causa Do
androids also know how to have children?)))

s
solus. 21.11.21

-Raixs-

Read carefully what I have written. He was human before the explosion. But no one guarantees that we are playing with the same subject who left the house. This is a perfectly acceptable technique - a living person reached the shelter, and 200 years later, an android emerged from the shelter, using the Ausweis, the appearance and memories of this person. By the way, not a bad intrigue (if you put decent plot meat on this backbone). Do not forget - out of those hiding in the shelter, only "he" remained alive.

E
EX0800_ 21.11.21

solus.causa
Possible but unlikely

s
solus. 21.11.21

The assessment of the likelihood of a particular version is purely subjective here, so I would not refer to it)

E
EX0800_ 21.11.21

solus.causa
why does ours remember about the robot and about his house, that is, he remained with his memory .....

-
-Raixs- 21.11.21

In short, if the developers take such a step, then it will go against the old traditions. In all parts of the game, we started our journey as a human. In theory, we could change it with the help of perks, even make it a mutant. But at the start, he was always human.

M
M3tZeller 21.11.21

I thought that my question on the forum had already been deleted ...

v
viktorvvv555 21.11.21

Bars.0716
In fallout 3, we are not born in a shelter, but we were dragged there by our parents right after birth. You can find out about this in Megaton from the story NPC

V
Vanya Rygalov 21.11.21

How did GG survive in the shelter for 200 years and never get old?
Synchrospermotranglucation, you know ... Take her to the swing!