3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eagle387 21.11.21 08:54 pm

Graphics Impressions (Fallout 4)

for those who are already playing. how is the grafon? completely soap, or the video lied and can you play? I just want to buy, but the money is not small. so what? If anything, I'm not a grfodrocher. Me and average norms. So it falls short of average?
78 Comments
Sort by:
p
pochtipushkin 21.11.21

As you call it, "grafon" is very nice.
In general, I would like to make some clarifications.

If by "grafon" you mean the resolution of textures, the number of polygons and no more, then you will most likely be somewhat disappointed. Therefore, it is better to play Crisis.

If "grafon" is for you - in general, what the game looks like, then everything is fine here. The world has become very, well, a lot of details, particles, etc. It is worth noting excellent lighting, shadows. The picture as a whole, for me personally, is 8 out of 10.

PS I myself played many hours in Skyrim. Those who say that the graphics in Fallout 4 are the same, they need to see an optometrist. Yes, if you cite Skyrim with all sorts of mods as an example, then maybe they will be comparable. But the Fallout 4 fashion is not far off. Here, for some reason, it seems to me that even Krisis should be worried =)

By the way, there are already several quite interesting reshades on the Nexus.

Nerti

Young man, the topic is not about comparing graphics in The Witcher 3 and Fallout 4. When you fanatics stop climbing everywhere with your "masterpiece"?

N
Nerti 21.11.21

pochtipushkin, everything is always compared with something and yes, I really want the graphics to be no worse than at the beginning at the end of 2015, we are talking about the PC version of course.

p
pochtipushkin 21.11.21

Nerti

Well, if we speak in the key of comparisons.
Compared to The Witcher 3, which has a very, very small variety of textures and objects simultaneously on the screen, then the picture of Fallout 4 looks just fine.

b
bonck99 21.11.21

ManowaR
1) The game engine was created for that, so that a computer or console could pull games. This engine is really old, but it was originally created not for a beautiful picture, but for good optimization and support of old hardware.
2) The graphics, oddly enough, in the game are normal and the artists did their job well. However, due to the old engine, we had to make restrictions in the visual image and soap textures for 2015. And so, if you think about it, what is not the release of an AAA game, then everyone is whining about bad graphics. Are you eating there or what?

N
Nerti 21.11.21

pochtipushkin, I don’t care how many things are there in the "figures" to me the final visual result on the screen is important, and how it was achieved is not interesting.

p
pochtipushkin 21.11.21

Nerti
I'm talking about him - the END VISUAL RESULT, and not the quality of textures that your post demonstrates. The general look of the game is made up of not only the highest resolution textures. Besides, textures are your "numbers", since the quality of textures depends on their resolution. You contradict yourself.

p
pochtipushkin 21.11.21

bonck99

And so, if you think about it, what is not the release of an AAA game, then everyone is whining about bad graphics. Are you eating there or what?

Even the Witcher 3 fanatics complained that the graphics were bad. Now try to tell them this, they will be minded to death =)

N
Nerti 21.11.21

pochtipushkin, well, about the textures and their resolution, you explain to me exclusively here, so there are no contradictions in my posts, reread it carefully. However, this is not a topic for discussing technology, resolution, or something else. He expressed his impression of the graphics and it is what it is and does not have to coincide with yours, all the more you are a fanatic of technical details, since you can judge so confidently where, how much and what quality of texture objects, etc.

S
SkitNay 21.11.21

On Sonya graphics fire: D

R
R_D_V 21.11.21

Grafon shit is good that I didn't buy, the launch of the game is also shit, you have to set everything up yourself through the config file, the attitude towards the players is just a spit in the face compared to most new games, only the most stubborn fans can buy, the rest can be safely passed by, the game is not worth it those torments in manual settings for each pc and screen resolution.

G
GyJIeBeR 21.11.21

I have squares on the edges of the characters (I changed the settings from max. To min.) Who knows, tell me.
Still the textures are minimal current, set medium, high, etc. but they do not change, they look like on the minimums, I cut everything down, set the texture current, sense 0. grafon as in 2005 in games.

F
Fedya111 21.11.21

it seems that the textures from the rage were imposed on the Fallout 3 engine, they also take a long time to load, sometimes I listened to half of the dialogue and only fully loaded, so such hack, the only thing in the daytime is not bad when the rays of the sun and shadows .. also reflections in puddles for some reason no, and in general there are none .. as if a game from a kickstarter with a budget of 10,000 dalars was done on the knee of a Tajik in a couple of months ..

G
GyJIeBeR 21.11.21

Fedya111
Still no shadows from 1 person, walking as you said in the afternoon under the sun, yeah. I will say more, there are no reflections in the mirror, the mirrors are blurry, stop the azaz.

v
viper_3run 21.11.21

Guys, maybe someone knows, high quality textures disappear only on the weapon after changing it, that at the minimum settings, which at the maximum, I was already tired of looking for this pitfall :( Config here, at high it pulls from 40 to 60 calmly: Intel Core i7 870 4.00 Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 465 1Gb, Corsair XMS DDR3-1555 8Gb HDD works fine, no such problems are observed anywhere.Do not you need at least 2Gb of video memory to avoid such an incident? Or is there another reason?

l
leman140 21.11.21

viper_3run
just a map for a gig)

v
viper_3run 21.11.21

leman140
You can't do without buying a 2Gb video card? Or maybe you can tweak something in the config so that the textures do not disappear?

d
dos-unit 21.11.21

Grafon - mascara light, epta.

V
Vatafaker 21.11.21

Nerti

witch
Spoiler

fallout 4
Spoiler

Where is better?

V
Vatafaker 21.11.21

sattium
Did you run GTA 5 on ultra with maximum 8x anti-aliasing, man? What kind of optimization, I have 40fps in 1440p on a GTX 980 Ti. with 8x anti-aliasing. Yes, with FXAA on ultra, it can and 90fps., But this is clearly not the same. In Fallout 4, the optimization may not be very good, but it goes stably at ultra above 60 fps. at 1440p.
Where to begin?
To begin with, in Fallout 4 there is simply NO x8 anti-aliasing.
No, you know?
So how do you compare GTA 5 with hellish anti-aliasing and fall with ordinary anti-aliasing?
I will continue with the fact that I compared both games at HIGH settings, without whistling, DEM, anti-aliasing x100500, etc.
GTA at high textures with max textures gives 60 fps, Fall 4 - 55 -45 fps with drawdowns in unexpected places up to 30. In the game itself, with a lock of 30 frames, the load on the video card floats in the region of 50-99%, which does not even happen in GTA if you go into the forest.

B
Belezerion 21.11.21

Fedya111
Find the Fallout4 file in [C: My documents My Games Fallout4]
This should enable reflections, just stumbled across it myself, haven't checked it yet.

[Water]
bReflectLODObjects = 0
bReflectLODLand = 0
bReflectSky = 0
bReflectLODTrees = 0

Just change 0 to 1.