3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Phanatik 21.11.21 09:06 pm

Game ending [spoilers] (XCOM: Enemy Unknown)

What do we think about the ending?) I was the only one sorry to lose my work psionic?)
Will there be a sequel?
61 Comments
Sort by:
D
DetroyT [RU] 21.11.21

For some reason it seemed to me that snipers in this game are the most useless.
I even upgraded their rifles, but they still rubbed 50 to 50.

Therefore, I played like this: 2 attack aircraft with a shotgun, 1 with a plasma gun, 2 heavy shooters with bazookas and 1 robot.
All with grenades.

Tactics: through firing on the move, the potsiks with shotguns put the sleepwalkers as close as possible to the back and zasandaliv at the very tonsils.
So half of the game passed and the ending. And very well by the way - if you hit from a distance, those high shit reflected shots.

A
AlexCorell 21.11.21

DetroyT [RU]
One snipe throughout the game on classic difficulty with the terminator turned on, 37 tasks - killed 144 sleepwalkers. Of course meat.

D
D.Artist 21.11.21

DetroyT [RU]
Those who play on high difficulty Heavy Shooters do not use at all, replacing them with
support, 2 snipers per masthead squad, if there is extra money, it is better to take 1 slot of the squad by a
robot (as cannon fodder). Personally, for me (at the rate it passed 1 time so far),
snipers extinguished everything they could, I even won the final battle with 1
sniper shot to the senior lunatic in the eye, and killed with an instant crit =)

k
kublya 21.11.21

I, playing on hard, also killed this bastard in 1 move with one dude - 2 shots of one sniper. Shot plasma. One in the head, the second is just critical. Before that, I really had to boot once. endured a reptile when he took possession of the mind of a psionic (for some reason he died, although if you kill simple Efferalgans or whatever :) then their mental sacrifice, on the contrary, comes to life). In general, the ending is incomprehensible and somewhat disappointing. I tried to take him alive a couple more times later, but since I was expecting the last mission, I took only 1 arc thrower and this dude was already half-dead to the last room and I could not run up to them in any way. Maybe I’ll lose my temper and what happens. In general, on my last mission, I have 2 attack tankers in the best armor with powerful close-range cannons, 1 psionic-he is heavy (well, it happened, I only have 1) with a bazooka, 1 sniper and 2 medics.
The game is cool, but as already mentioned here it is inferior to the original versions. The plot is simpler, the weapon, as far as I remember before, was more varied and the main thing was that you could carry around with you, the absence of a backpack here disappointed me very much. I remember the most difficult missions in the old xcoms - you run out of cartridges, you kill the bastard, you take his rifle, his grenades, or you take away from your wounded. Plus then the soldiers swayed harder or more interesting, eh. You run all the time - your moves are lengthened, they are constantly wounded - health, you freak out - psi-strength. And here it is somehow completely one-sided.

D
Dirk1996 21.11.21

If you equip your psionics with PSI-ARMOR + MENTAL PROTECTION, they calmly take control of the mind of ordinary aetherials

M
MR.mda 21.11.21

when your squad that you took care of the whole game dies you want to cry: C if you add music to that scene, then the ending will twist the mass effect; C

T
The_apathy 21.11.21

I personally liked the ending, although everything is trite.
But it's not about the plot. It just doesn't exist. This game is good even without a plot. This is the best game I've played this year (it just so happened that I downloaded it 3 days ago). It was delayed right away. And the battle delivers. And pumping. research all sorts. Also almost I liked UFO. For me this game is a Masterpiece.

M
Murimax 21.11.21

Nooo, the flagship was supposed to fall into the sea, then 100500 years after another war with UFOs and the defeat of their base, they will send a signal into space, wake up the flagship and shoot at us from under the water! And everything for the possible continuation of the xcom series. (Those who played ufo defense and terror from the deep will understand) But alas, the developers intrigued us with the possible lack of a continuation)) (we will look at the shooter)

M
Murimax 21.11.21

There was no plot as a link between missions in the first xcom. However, it would be nice to modify this one in comparison with it in places. (Moments like a REALLY random generation of the places where UFOs appear in the world and the aliens themselves on the map) although I would not say that this is very harmful to her.

l
logoqwert 21.11.21

But I’m wondering if I hadn’t taken a psionicist with me, then what? How would the ship fly away? And there would be no one to listen to the alien's speeches.

f
fallshirmegger 21.11.21

logoqwert
You can't help but take psionics there.

R
RussianPixelGamer 21.11.21

And I didn’t try to kill the Boss, I used the Rift on it and all the Sectopods were littered with the power of plasma :) And so on the mission I took everyone who had a gift and stopped on the basis of those who did not have a gift and took Lightning (T-BMP on anti-drive) and so the ending is sad for me

D
DimSKnZ 21.11.21

The end is a little sad, and the pilot, such an infection, took it and dumped it, it was shown like that at the end of the type, the bastard is flying. Although he would not have flown away, he himself would not have survived either.
By the way, an add-on about implants was just announced - this will be a plot development or a new campaign, interesting ...

O
OneWhoKnocks 21.11.21

So sorrow :(

l
lurted 21.11.21

crept up to the maximum, turned on camouflage for everyone, went into a tight one and experimented the ethereal to the fullest. I even experienced an arc gun on it in the end. It does not work. Cleared the entire ship in 7 turns. But that's not the point. The team included heavy infantry.

Logically reflecting on the words of the Ethereal, overloaded the last move. I fired where the Ethereal suggested and voila: another ending, though it's short.

S
SpacePRedator014 21.11.21

Heh, I was surprised to be honest that the ending of the game is different, in the original it was necessary to build a shuttle and fly to Mars and pile on the main brain there, and then fly on the flagship and impose on ethereal, the original (new) did not go through to the end, as they said that add. will come out and there will be a lot of interesting things and went with add. (just now I remembered this masterpiece), the game is certainly addictive, so you can't drag it by the ears, the only thing that interrupts is perhaps the toilet :) But let's say the game is simpler in comparison with the original, since there were more varied weapons, more armor, and much more research and there were 4 or 5 types of planes as I remember (the last was just a space shuttle), but here there are 2 of them and somehow there were much more actions than in this game, but here it seems that at the beginning the game was developed and done, and then in the end, when you start catching already cooler monsters, the feeling as if the developers were just too lazy to make armor and weapons and they just did them when fishing as a bonus for accelerated research, and for some reason I expected that there would be more weapons, and they could make a small one there are more weapons, and then the hob and immediately go to the beam, and then you switch to the plasma, and this is somehow not that, and there are only 5 or 6 types of armor, and then there are only 2 main ones, and the rest there are some kind of nanosuits from Crysis that allows you to be invisible, etc. ... yes, and there are not so many lunatics to catch, because improved versions just give all sorts of bonuses, and not weapons or armor or improvements, even if robots are not a pity to catch, otherwise I would like to do something like Sectopod, otherwise MEK as it turned out to be weak against them (5 shots should be fired ideally),

S

Heh, I was surprised to be honest that the ending of the game is different, in the original it was necessary to build a shuttle and fly to Mars and pile on the main brain there, and then fly on the flagship and impose on ethereal, the original (new) did not go through to the end, as they said that add. will come out and there will be a lot of interesting things and went with add. (just now I remembered this masterpiece), the game is certainly addictive, so you can't drag it by the ears, the only thing that interrupts is perhaps the toilet :) But let's say the game is simpler in comparison with the original, since there were more varied weapons, more armor, and much more research and there were 4 or 5 types of planes as I remember (the last was just a space shuttle), but here there are 2 of them and somehow there were much more actions than in this game, but here it seems that at the beginning the game was developed and done, and then in the end, when you start catching already cooler monsters, the feeling as if the developers were just too lazy to make armor and weapons and they just did them when fishing as a bonus for accelerated research, and for some reason I expected that there would be more weapons, and they could make a small one there are more weapons, and then the hob and immediately go to the beam, and then you switch to the plasma, and this is somehow not that, and there are only 5 or 6 types of armor, and then there are only 2 main ones, and the rest there are some kind of nanosuits from Crysis that allows you to be invisible, etc. ... yes, and there are not so many lunatics to catch, because improved versions just give all sorts of bonuses, and not weapons or armor or improvements, even if robots are not a pity to catch, otherwise I would like to do something like Sectopod, otherwise MEK as it turned out to be weak against them (5 shots should be fired ideally),

S

S

S