3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DonOlivka 24.11.21 01:33 am

Internet censorship. Your position

Hello everyone and have a nice day.
For me, this week began with some thought-provoking news. Please read the article and express your opinion.

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2781186

I can cite an excerpt from this article: The

bulk of its users are not ready to defend freedom on the Russian Internet: 58% would not mind even a total shutdown of the Internet. This follows from a study prepared by American scientists in cooperation with the All-Russian Center for the Study of Public Opinion (VTsIOM).

Among respondents in the Russian Federation, 42% believe that foreign states use the network to the detriment of Russia, 49% believe that information on the Internet should be censored, and 81% have a negative attitude to the spread of calls to protest against the country's leadership - this is part of the indicators that the authors of the study relied on. "What Society Desires: Russians' Aspiration to Control the Internet." It was prepared by the Internet Policy Observatory of the Center for the Study of Global Communications at the University of Pennsylvania (USA) based on data from VTsIOM.
44 Comments
Sort by:
W
Wing42 24.11.21

"Among respondents in the Russian Federation, 42% believe that foreign states use the network to the detriment of Russia, 49% believe that information on the Internet should be censored, and 81% have a negative attitude to the spread of calls to protest against the country's leadership - this is part of the indicators ..."
Yes I’m a fool, and I’m willing to admit that the mathematics of the twenty-first century is somewhat different from what I was once familiar with. Why? That's why!
42 + 49 + 81 = 172 percent of a possible hundred, and this despite the fact that 172 is, I quote from the article, "part of the indicators." That is, this is only a small fraction of the percentage. Well okay.
Conclusion: propaganda. I don't like propaganda. And I hate propaganda too. And also propaganda against propaganda is the worst of disasters. The article contains 75 percent of propaganda and 25 percent of dubious statistics collected, as you might guess, from polls on the Web, which "foreign states are using to the detriment of Russia." The world is so fragile, forgive me.

D
DonOlivka 24.11.21

Wing42
I think these are the percentages of answers to different questions. They do not fold correctly.
But there is a reason in the answer anyway :)

A
A.Soldier of Light 24.11.21

Censorship is needed only for the most nasty things, from which, in principle, there is no benefit. Drug trafficking, terrorism, pedophilia (and other branches), for example. But politics is another matter. If a journalist writes the truth about officials (corruption, fraud, etc.), this should be allowed to pass and be encouraged (because he brings an enemy of the people to the surface). Proven and tested: evil, injustice, banditry, etc. they are afraid of the truth and publicity.

PS The
discussion of this topic is actively taking place here in the blog at PG: 58% of Russians are ready to support the shutdown of the Internet.

W
Wing42 24.11.21

Light of A.Soldier
"If a journalist writes the truth about officials (corruption, fraud and etc.) is necessary to pass and promote"
If a non-journalist wrote the truth about the journalists about the interview custom and custom reports, in which questions and answers are discussed in advance and paid for, about inflating an elephant out of a fly, about information hypocrisy, about rigging facts ...

F
Frostmir 24.11.21

A

Wing42
That also needs to be taken into account, yes. Falsification of facts, hypocrisy and lies are unacceptable.

V
Vanya Rygalov 24.11.21

Censorship is needed. Unfortunately, unlikely, microscopically unlikely. So it would have been a long time since this shop would have been closed.

G
GTAman 24.11.21

EVIL PLAYER
And secondly, the one who seeks will always find.
Censorship is directed against the general population, not enthusiasts. True, these same broad strata of the population are just not dangerous for the regime, so I do not understand all this tightening of screws in the sphere of the Internet.

t
tovarish comrade 24.11.21

We'll have to switch to "TOP" and "Proxy".

A

V-Nine is
why I don't understand all this tightening of screws in the Internet sphere.
They show "stormy activity", work, so that no one would think that they are sitting idle. Normal laws cannot be invented (because normal laws are already for the benefit of society and to the detriment of themselves - the deputies and their cronies in business), so they write idiotic laws, which have almost no sense.
I would first check all the deputies on a lie detector in order to weed out the corrupt and just freaks (moral). In my country, a lie detector would be everywhere and everywhere, and lying or ignoring the needs of citizens would be a criminal offense.

T
TheReds1892 24.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
is one hundred percent right

V
Vanya Rygalov 24.11.21

I would first check all the deputies on a lie detector in order to weed out the corrupt and just freaks (moral).
It's mine .... after all, they are not idiots, there will be no one left. Empty parliament. And the sense will be more and cheaper ...

M
McLaren MP4-4 24.11.21

After Peskov's hours, they began to remember about censorship.

a
ant240801 24.11.21

McLaren MP4-4
The Lord of Time has burned very stupidly, you will not say anything ...

w
warp 37 24.11.21

Against any internet censorship.

G
Gauguin 24.11.21

Against any internet censorship. (2)
A. Soldier of Light
Censorship is needed only for the most nasty things, from which, in principle, there is no benefit.
There is no selective censorship, dear friend.

A

Vanya Rygalov
If, as a result of filtration, no one is left in power, this will be clear evidence that the entire system is, in principle, vicious and incorrect. That is, all the ways to get into power and stay there were wrong. Also - many laws are also worth revising, correcting, because they are adopted by the very same deputies, whose incomes are very dubious, to put it mildly.
Here we spent a week procrastinating on the topic of expensive watches from your comrade Peskov .. Of course someone else's pocket and all that, yes, but an hour is a fact .. Excuse me, why would anyone need a watch for 37 million rubles? The head does not fit ... Then you can remember your patriarch and his expensive watch - but where are the principles of a servant of God? Where is modesty and conscience? Disorder. And disorder is everywhere ...

There is no selective censorship, dear friend.
It happens that I would make it narrowly focused on very specific and clearly spelled out things, so that not a single nasty lawyer could get around this one. Everything can be done, do not hesitate. It’s just who should do it - usually they themselves are involved in corruption and therefore they do everything through ... With censorship as well. They copy Western idiots-copyrists with their own prohibitions on downloading and distributing on the Internet, for example ...

S
Sheff322 24.11.21

censorship is for cattle.

M
MrGutlya 24.11.21

and I was banned on the WoT forum again))

G
Gauguin 24.11.21

A.Soldier of Light,
I would make it narrowly focused on very specific and clearly defined things
. This is the whole problem ...
There are too many different opinions and disagreements about what is really "good" and what is "bad".
Therefore, you will have to restrain all phenomena and things that have potential danger and undesirable consequences. At least for someone ... Everything here is much more complicated and uncertain.