3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DonOlivka 24.11.21 01:33 am

Internet censorship. Your position

Hello everyone and have a nice day.
For me, this week began with some thought-provoking news. Please read the article and express your opinion.

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2781186

I can cite an excerpt from this article: The

bulk of its users are not ready to defend freedom on the Russian Internet: 58% would not mind even a total shutdown of the Internet. This follows from a study prepared by American scientists in cooperation with the All-Russian Center for the Study of Public Opinion (VTsIOM).

Among respondents in the Russian Federation, 42% believe that foreign states use the network to the detriment of Russia, 49% believe that information on the Internet should be censored, and 81% have a negative attitude to the spread of calls to protest against the country's leadership - this is part of the indicators that the authors of the study relied on. "What Society Desires: Russians' Aspiration to Control the Internet." It was prepared by the Internet Policy Observatory of the Center for the Study of Global Communications at the University of Pennsylvania (USA) based on data from VTsIOM.
44 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vanya Rygalov 24.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
If, as a result of filtration, no one is left in power, this will be clear evidence that the whole system is, in principle, flawed and incorrect.
Gee, gee, gee (this is Homeric laughter) ... Does anyone doubt this? Any system of managing people is flawed and wrong.

A
A.Soldier of Light 24.11.21

Mayamenstate
What do you have to do with it? I'm talking about your patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church named Cyril.

Gauguin
There are too many different opinions and disagreements about what is really "good" and what is "bad".
A single strong society has uniform goals and moral norms supported by all. If a society consists of people who differ too much in their assessments of "good / bad", then yes, you are right - there will be problems and, in fact, nothing can be solved without oppressing one group of people.
A clear ideology of the state can solve this problem, but it is not very effective, not always. Why else, after the collapse of the USSR .. and even before the collapse .. were engaged in fraud, speculation? The ideology was clear, the goals were known, the society encouraged sports, health, friendship of peoples there, and so on, but there was little sense. After the fall of censorship, all the muck came out and got out. So the decision should be different ...

Vanya Rygalov
Not any, and even such an opinion would mean that it is impossible to create an adequate and fair system of government in society. This is called pessimism / fatalism. This is not mine, although on the whole it is of course obvious that humanity is primitive and dull, that is, vicious as a whole. This is not a reason to give up and give up, this is a reason to come up with a system where everything would be as it should be (I love this phrase =)).

G
Gauguin 24.11.21

Sheff322
censorship - for cattle.
Argument. Just wondering.
A.Soldier of Light
One strong society has uniform goals and moral norms supported by all.
The only pity is that it looks like utopian ideas, not real society. At least for now.

S
Sheff322 24.11.21

Gauguin
Argument Argument.

L
LenivyiBob 24.11.21

Internet censorship. Your position.

Impossible. As well as total control of the Internet space is impossible.

V
Vanya Rygalov 24.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
Not any, and even such an opinion would mean that it is impossible to create an adequate and fair system of governance in society.

I am forced to insist on my opinion that any system of managing people is vicious and wrong.
Looking for proofs? I have them ...

So, for starters from Wikipedia (not all that God, but for simplicity, go).
The state is a power-political organization that has sovereignty, a special apparatus of government and coercion, and also establishes a legal order in a certain territory.

And the state is also the people who inhabit it. And it is these people who choose from among their number those who will be the very apparatus of control and coercion, and will also establish the legal order in a certain territory. And one more thing should be added - to monitor compliance with the established rules and laws.

Some people make sure that others, also people, do not jointly violate the established rules and laws. Perfectly. An idiotic question. Who will be watching the watchers? God, Martians, public (heh, heh ...) organizations? Or, perhaps, a law written for this case, the observance of which is again monitored by the same watchmen? Probably conscience and decency ... Once again, he, he ...

Man is a weak being, subject to temptations and vices. Is the test of authority an ordeal? Are bonuses and preferences from the possession of power an art? What kind of idiot do you need to be an idiot to refuse all this? ....

Idiots are not taken to power ...

Ideally, in the distant, distant future, when the human factor is removed from the control system and replaced by a soulless machine, a computer hardware, which will spit on friends-comrades, children-wives-matchmakers, on a dacha in Mytishchi, on limousines and helicopters, on assanas of screwdrivers and punchers ...
Maybe ...
Now - no. There is no system that is fair and adequate. No.

A

Gauguin The
only pity is that it looks like utopian ideas, not real society. At least for now.
Well, after all, you need to set a goal of some kind? Here's one of the options. And it is possible, technically, physically - whatever you like, but it is possible, just difficult.

Vanya Rygalov
Who will be watching the watchers?
Those who are being watched - who else ?! 8) Ideal: you follow me, and I follow you. Balance of power, balance. The secret services are watching the society, the society is watching everyone. As a result, no one can do anything so bad, a single group of criminals can be disarmed quickly and efficiently.

Man is a weak being, subject to temptations and vices. Is the test of authority an ordeal?
You could say that. Where there are vices, there is also a trial. Many do not pass it, because, as you rightly noted, on the whole people are weak. Not physically (but physically too, if we compare with the animal world), rather spiritually, morally weak. That's the goal: to become stronger in this vein. And it’s easier to find like-minded people.

What kind of idiot do you need to be an idiot to refuse all this? ....
From the point of view of one who succumbed to vices, innocent people are idiots ^ _ ^

in the distant, distant future, when the human factor is removed from the control system and replaced by a soulless machine
But in my opinion, this is not the meaning of life. A person should strive to become stronger spiritually and morally, and not replace himself with a machine, creating a kind of "ideal society" where the ideal is .. the absence of a person) I have already seen such scenarios, it is well savored in films and cartoons in the genre of dystopia.

I am forced to insist on my opinion that any system of managing people is vicious and wrong.
Insist as much as you want) You can have three days, you can at least a week.

G
Gauguin 24.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
Well, after all, you need to set a goal of some kind?
Of course. It is quite easy to set a goal; it is much more difficult to achieve it. Especially when you consider that many people have different views and interests (and many are trying to pursue them). For example, you can set a goal, try to reach it for more than 70 years, and eventually lose even the beginnings. But it seems to me that we have already gone through this ...

V
Vanya Rygalov 24.11.21

A.Soldier of Light
Special services watch over society, society watches over everyone. As a result, no one can do anything so bad, a single group of criminals can be disarmed quickly and efficiently.

It's mine ... Dude, do you live on the moon or what? Already society has inherited that the special services quickly and effectively detained the bureaucratic embezzler and his lover and returned all the stolen (squeezed, mastered, sawn off ...) pennies to the treasury. And of course they were justly punished. To the taiga as a hairdresser (to cut the trees and pray to God that they grow tops down) or just to hard labor, to the mines, like the Decembrists, forever, for life ...
They sit in shackles, ashamed and think if it were not for the people, then they got off if they could get away with their roguishness.
Fair punishment. Heh. heh ...

rather spiritually, morally weak. That's the goal: to become stronger in this vein. And it’s easier to find like-minded people.
From the point of view of one who has succumbed to vices, innocent people are idiots ^ _ ^
A person should strive to become stronger spiritually and morally ....

But this is already - blah. blah, blah (by the way, it sounds like that from any hole, substitute your ears). Fools are dumb to buy into it. Although ... There are enough of them too.

PS Oh, on TV again someone is in favor) I (they took it. Another one? Yes, there are a lot of them, it turns out ... Like cockroaches ...
Help !!! People where are you looking ?!

A

Vanya Rygalov
Society inherited something so that the special services quickly and effectively detained the bureaucratic embezzler and his lover and returned all the stolen (squeezed, mastered, sawn off ...) pennies to the treasury. And of course they were justly punished.
Didn't get the hint) What event are you talking about?

I said: "A person should strive to become stronger spiritually and morally ...."
Vanya Rygalov objected: "But this is already - blah. Blah, blah"
Excellent answer, there is nothing to add: D

d
dizzy33 24.11.21

For smart people, there is no censorship on the Internet. There is a TOR browser, there are shady sites that are not censored. I just climbed tor sites where weapons and drugs are freely sold, they ask how to kill a person, how to hide a corpse. How to blow up a bridge, house, or car. Ladies even have a section for finding a hitman. So whoever SHOULD be on the Internet through the torus. And he cannot be calculated whatever he does.

A

And he cannot be calculated whatever he does.
Naivety over 9000. Nothing that the American secret services have invented Thor? Until they need you, use as much as you like ...

G
GTAman 24.11.21

dizzy33
So who SHOULD be on the Internet through the torus.
Let's face it: the darknet operates through one location in terms of speed and overall availability of its resources. If you have to use it for trivial actions like downloading music for free, then there will be nothing good about it.

A.Soldier of Light
Nothing that the American intelligence agencies have invented by Thor?
More specifically, the US Naval Research Laboratory. But this does not mean that the creators are in control of what is happening on this network. Another thing is that Tor does not guarantee 100% security. Nothing can guarantee it at all. But if you are not an international criminal, this can be neglected.

d
dizzy33 24.11.21

The fact that the torus was invented by the Americans is to my advantage. The Americans don't need me. But if I, without a Torah, write everything I think about Putin and Mizulina and begin to incite interethnic, interreligious and interracial hatred. And I’ll start calling for the violent overthrow of the government, then the Americans don’t give a damn about it, and without the torus, in 10 minutes the people in the black door will demolish the door. You can download music, games and films without a torus, the anti-piracy law works only on paper.

p
pshanyrckov 24.11.21

I have in stock a satellite dish bought in another country and registered to an outsider with a foreign provider where there is no censorship at all.

T
TTG 24.11.21

Moderate. There must be a smoking area.

I
IAMBOY 24.11.21

On the one hand, it is necessary, because you need to look for something good on the Internet, and all evil will find you on its own. On the other hand, the Internet is perhaps the only place where we are almost completely free.

s
stalker7162534 24.11.21

Vova was asked about the seagull. Vova replied: "To clear all possible components of information appearing on the Internet."

n
northern alcoholic 24.11.21

Well, this is not the case if they censor a place where you can pour anything you want.

s
stalker7162534 24.11.21

northern alcoholic
And the usurpers dream that there is no place free from their will.