3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21 11:59 pm

RAM problem after removing the battery

Hello everyone. Please tell me what could be the problem. Today I disassembled the computer, cleaned it and inadvertently pulled out the battery, after turning on the computer does not see all 8 gigs of RAM. That is, 8 gigs are installed, in the properties it sees 6 gigs and uses only 4 gigs. Will reinstalling Windows help? or how you can restore it. Thank you for your help !!!! Win 8.1 64, motherboard gigabytes ga-990fxa-ud3 latest BIOS version
84 Comments
Sort by:
u
urban.kalabanovich 24.11.21

Well he pulled it out and pulled it out. In theory, the BIOS settings should have been thrown off to default. And the slats of the RAM were removed from the mother?

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

urban.kalabanovich
Yes, but put it in the same place and pulled it out

u

MoskoWRus
How many planks are there? The simplest thing that comes to mind is to remove and insert the dies again, maybe the contact is bad.

S
Sanchez ramirez 24.11.21

I don’t know, of course, how you can accidentally get a battery, but oh well. Try to reset the BIOS "in a normal way", that is, disconnect the PC completely (turn off the power supply and unplug it from the network, it is also advised to press the power button to completely discharge the standby power on the power supply), find on the mat. reset jumper (commonly referred to as JP1 or Clear_CMOS). Move it from 1-2 to 2-3 for a few minutes. Then rearrange it back.

If there is no such jumper, then remove the battery and close the contacts with a screwdriver.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

urban.kalabanovich
There are 2 levels in total, it seems that where in the settings there is a restriction

S
Sanchez ramirez 24.11.21

By the way. A discrete graphics card or a processor with an integrated graph. core?

N
NorthernSky 24.11.21

Plug in a new battery. It costs little.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Sanchez Ramirez
Vidyuha gtx 760, but she can somehow influence?

u

MoskoWRus
No, just the installation can chop off a piece of the
UPD RAM, can you fill in the screen of the resource monitor? Into the clutch with memory

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

V
Valington 24.11.21

MoskoWRus
I had a similar case, my memory also lied, it turned out that the contacts were stuck while my mother was cleaning, try to clean the bar contacts (degrease) and / or change the socket

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

The bars are normal, one inserted each one sees 4 gig, but as soon as they are inserted together, he sees only 6 gig.
Will reinstalling Windows help?

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

if the BIOS on the start page sees 8 gigs, then reinstalling Windows will help.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Reinstalling Windows did not help (

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

I tried through msconfig to remove the checkbox where the Maximum memory is, the same result

u

MoskoWRus
Well, you have 2 gigabytes reserved by hardware, most likely for an integrated video card, but where did the 2 gigabytes go, now I'll see if Google can throw it up.
UPD BIOS how much RAM does it see?

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

I'm not good at BIOS, but if this line is responsible for this, then Extended Memory 4078M

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

there is no integrated video card there! It is necessary to look for a problem in Bios, tk. his settings went. Sometimes one of my cores turns off the BIOS.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

you said that 2 gigs are reserved by the integrated vidyuha, but how to return this memory))?

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

you do not have an integrashka in the motherboard, he is clever.