3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21 11:59 pm

RAM problem after removing the battery

Hello everyone. Please tell me what could be the problem. Today I disassembled the computer, cleaned it and inadvertently pulled out the battery, after turning on the computer does not see all 8 gigs of RAM. That is, 8 gigs are installed, in the properties it sees 6 gigs and uses only 4 gigs. Will reinstalling Windows help? or how you can restore it. Thank you for your help !!!! Win 8.1 64, motherboard gigabytes ga-990fxa-ud3 latest BIOS version
84 Comments
Sort by:
G
GG4 24.11.21

It is
dangerous to update MoskoWRus Bios in general and is absolutely useless. I read your comments above, you updated it in perfect working order, I ask, why? It is updated only in case of emergency, for example, due to incompatibility with new hardware (very rare). With a regular update, you can stupidly spoil the mat. the board and write was gone, your glitch with memory can be just such a side effect.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

GG4
I updated it only once a long time ago, and then out of necessity. Here they just advised to roll back the version

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

You have one bar in the wrong place, there is no two-channel mode. Aida showed. should be written Dual DDR, not DDR SDRAM.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev
can take you on a screenshot, please, where she showed it. Hmm .. well, I'll try to put it differently

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev
well, if so, how to fix it? I have the planks right now where they stood from the beginning

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

look what Aida writes in the test.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Well, in my Aida it says that the memory type is sdram

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

white rectangle is where to try to put it?

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

I have option 1 on the motherboard where through one (red is memory). I drew 2 correct options, how it can work with different motherboards. If it writes SDRAM anyway. This is very bad, you need to check the memory one by one, and then sin on the BIOS parameters. By the way, did the bios roll back?

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev
has not rolled yet, right now I'm downloading an update

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

generally updated to f10 all the same (what is that then

M
MunchkiN 616 24.11.21

The topic is the famous ba amd memory controller, honestly
speaking, it already bothered me myself when sometimes
waxing happens to get all the memory and reset the BIOS. harachit on the camp with a hammer to zero the BIOS and rearrange it into one or two channel memory configuration until the BIOS sees the memory correctly up to a byte. and look for a couple of times to give with a foot and a fist in the bios so as not to forget.

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

Try until you see dual ddr in Hades

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev
Thank you for prompting you all day today))) I put the bars next to it and the will) began to see 8 gig, but in Aida it is still written dsram

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

this is bad, memory will work almost 2 times slower.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev
but for sure I should have written dual ddr 3, I just didn't pay attention before, maybe it was always written sdram

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

this inscription means two-channel mode. With it, the performance is almost 2 times higher. Take the booklet from the motherboard and have a look. There it is drawn how to stick the planks correctly.

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev
well thanks

R
Ryazancev 24.11.21

Here are the installation instructions for your
motherboard. This motherboard has four sockets and support for dual channel DDR3 memory technology. Once
the memory modules are installed, the BIOS will automatically detect the memory specifications and capacity. Enabling
Dual Channel Memory will double the original memory bandwidth.
The four DDR3 memory sockets are divided into two channels and each channel has two memory slots as
follows:
Channel 0: DDR3_2, DDR3_4
Channel 1: DDR3_1, DDR3_3

Due to processor limitations, please read the following guidelines before installing memory in dual channel mode.
1. Dual channel cannot be enabled if only one DDR3 memory module is installed.
2. When enabling dual channel mode with two or four memory modules, it is recommended that
memory of the same capacity, brand, speed, and chips be used for optimal performance. For optimal
performance, when enabling dual channel mode with two memory modules, we recommend
installing them in DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets.

in short, you need to stick into slots 1-2 or 3-4 !!!

M
MoskoWRus 24.11.21

Ryazancev,
in general, things are like this, if you stick in 1 and 2, then it does not see all 8 gigs, if in 4 and 3 also not all eight gigs, if 3 and 1 are not all eight gigs, but if 2 and 4 then sees everything.