3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
0b256 25.11.21 12:16 am

What is the probability of an ama piercing skill being triggered? (Diablo 2)

We have a probability of triggering the pierce skill of 70%, we have 3 mobs standing one after the other, what is the probability that the piercing skill will trigger on the 3rd mob, after piercing the previous two?

Obsessed
Ama has infinite AR points (100% hit rate)
124 Comments
Sort by:
O
Obsessed 25.11.21

Dark Lord, I summon thee passed (or Kulinkov) to this topic! }: E

Throwing crap can pierce a mob if the hit check succeeds, apart from skills that "always hit" (GA, but she doesn't pierce anymore).
Throwing crap can pierce a maximum of 4 times, allowing you to hit up to 5 targets.
0b256, so if there are 5 mobs, but the first has a lot of armor, and the ama has a low AR, it may not pierce anyone at all. each time depends on the success of the hit check.

0b256 25.11.21

Obsessed
dress and check, there will be more goals, but what writes a maximum of 5 is already a calculation of the skill without a belt). But GA and Razor are interesting, the arrow will constantly poke the mob, no one tried it?))

f
firkax 25.11.21

the chance is 70% as you yourself and
he wrote for all mobs at the beginning the same
for the fifth (or sixth) mob, it becomes zero, which is what you wrote about

0b256 25.11.21

firkax
So you give me an answer, what will it be equal to for the 3rd mob, after the first two

Razor does not give a 100% chance of a puncture?

Give a numerical answer to my question.

About the hit check - the 1st post was

updated The firm did not last long :)

Obsessed
firkax
2 mathematics, we are waiting for more)) Let's forum users, do not hesitate to leave our answers, even if they are the same

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

0b256, Ama's break chance is added to that given by the Pierce skill. like other items with piercing attack. > 100% to recruit to no purpose.

So you give me an answer, what it will be for the 3rd mob, after the first two,
each time depends on the success of the hit check.
:-) or, in Russian: ..on whether the ama will break through the "armor" of the next mob.

Lightning Bolt and Lightning Fury, for example, don't care about "armor", they "always hit".

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

About hit check - updated 1st post:
Ama has an infinite number of AR points (chance of hitting 100%) 0b256, on all (3) mobs - 70% (imho): D

f
firkax 25.11.21

0b256
Give a numerical answer to my question.
Can't you read?
the first line in my post above yours - it says - "70%"

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

0b256, wait for the kulinka from the past, they will give you prosrazzo! ; D

[edit] I will also translate: if a mob blocked it when hit by a piercing "arrow", then it does not damage it, but it will pierce it anyway.

r
root_toor 25.11.21

f
firkax 25.11.21

root_toor
is not what the
author asks about the author asked about the probability of the third pier after the first two, but you have the probability table for N piers in a row,
although perhaps you think the same way and understand each other

0b256 25.11.21

firkax
is a simple task for reliability (redesigned for D2), you are talking nonsense. It's strange that you don't know the answer to this question.

p
passed 25.11.21

See the answer in the root_toor post.

put on a poyaz razor and check, there will be more goals, but what writes a maximum of 5 is already a calculation of the skill without a belt)
Illusion.

But GA and Razor are interesting, the arrow will constantly poke the mob, no one tried it?))
It does not pierce. At all.

f
firkax 25.11.21

passed
and you there too?
a more attentive question: "the probability of the third pier after the first two have already happened" the
probability of the first two, as a fait accompli, here a priori 100% already,
as I already understood, the author meant something completely different, but because of the mess in his head he I formulated my question exactly as I painted, right
?

Q
QLinkee 25.11.21

firkax is right, off

. there is not even a case with a pier at 70%.

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

Omfg kulinki disagreed with passed in opinions! : D

0b256 25.11.21

firkax
QLinkee
passed
in the first post what is not so formulated? and further in the course of research, other discoveries were made simple

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

there is not even a case with a pier at 70%.
QLinkee, there is! :-) slvl 24, 3rd line. I'm not expressing myself correctly, but it seems to me that in the first 2 cases the potential chance of a pier was implied (even if it is already known that it worked) and it is interesting (not to the author, to us) that it turned out to be "100%", but what he was before the event. if you rely on the table, then it was 89 and 79%, and on the third mob the chance is still 70%. and about the 3rd mob I am, one hell, right (70% (imho)). ; D

R
Rivnyanyn 25.11.21

0b256 The
answer lies in your question, you need to change the current in places:
what is the probability that the piercing skill will work on the 3rd mob, after piercing the two previous ones? We have a probability of triggering the pierce skill of 70%.
And no math is needed here)))
Edit: the
chance of hitting is 100%,
there is no such chance of hitting, the current is 95%. Even with Ignore target's defense, the Persian sometimes misses. Spells don't need a chance to hit.
Is this topic a charade, or where?

p
passed 25.11.21

the probability of a third pier after the first two have already happened.
Of course, they happened, otherwise there would have been nothing to pierce. Come up with difficulties where there are none.

0b256 25.11.21

Rivnyanyn
The first mob is 70%, the second mob goes after the first, then the third one follows the second (for idiots AMA -> 1 -> 2 -> 3) so what will be the probability of piercing the third mob after the first two, in the first post ; MATA is not enough