3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
0b256 25.11.21 12:16 am

What is the probability of an ama piercing skill being triggered? (Diablo 2)

We have a probability of triggering the pierce skill of 70%, we have 3 mobs standing one after the other, what is the probability that the piercing skill will trigger on the 3rd mob, after piercing the previous two?

Obsessed
Ama has infinite AR points (100% hit rate)
124 Comments
Sort by:
T
T-fox 25.11.21

Subudei1
0.7 ^ 3 is a chance to hit three mobs. If we simply say "to pierce the third", it means that, according to the condition, the arrow ALREADY passed the first two and we do not consider them and, accordingly, the chance to pierce the third mob, I repeat once again under this condition, is 70%. But I'm not going to be boring anymore, I understood what the vehicle wanted from us, just did not understand why he needed all this.

p
pirya 25.11.21

At 70% chance to penetrate the third mob = 70%. Nobody diminishes this chance, tk. it is a misconception that the chance of penetration is reduced by some statistician shamans. I will also give an example to prove it using the example of roulette. Let's say the chance of black / red falling out is 50% (actually a little less, but it doesn't change the essence) and we have 36 numbers: 18 red and 18 black. So, what is the probability that a red number will fall out if black fell out 6 times in a row? Many people mistakenly assume that for some reason the probability of a red number falling out is much higher than the probability of a black one. But this is not at all the case, it doesn’t matter whether something fell out there in a row or didn’t, for him there were still 36 numbers (18 and 18) and the same chance of getting 50/50 remained. And in d2 the random is the same, nothing changes.
There is also a joke-task: what is the probability of meeting a dinosaur in your entrance? Answer: 50 to 50 - either you will meet it or not)

a
annortheone 25.11.21

pirya
50 to 50 - either you meet it or not)
Baba logic.

If the author meant otherwise, then the topic should have a different wording: what is the probability that the piercing skill will work on the 3rd mob, after taking into account the chances of the arrow passing further on each previous mob? Then AR and the chance of a pier on each will go into action, as I already counted above.

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

Baba's logic.
greenstyle, this is a joke! : D

Nobody diminishes this chance, tk. it is a misconception that the chance of penetration is reduced by some statistician shamans.
pirya, i.e., is the root_toor table a lie? =)

p
pirya 25.11.21

greenstyle
well, this is different then, as the chance of black falling out 3 times in a row .. In general, it would be better if the pier in pvp would be returned to the amke .. Then at least there would be at least some balance ..

a
annortheone 25.11.21

Obsessed
Real chances must be evaluated. He asks a question, but is silent:
1) Time (era) and place of origin of events.
2) The number of dinosaurs at this time and their distribution around the planet.
3) What is the dinosaur doing in the stairwell.
But by means of a logical chain, it can be established that if we are talking about an entrance, then everything happens (or would happen) in the era of humanity, in which dinosaurs became extinct long ago. Accordingly, the chance to meet a dinosaur in general tends to zero, not to mention generally meet it at the entrance.

p
pirya 25.11.21

Obsessed
don't know what table

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

greenstyle, omg: D

pirya, here, above. :-)

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 25.11.21

Sadness emanates from youth.

a
annortheone 25.11.21

And from old people insanity.

R
Rivnyanyn 25.11.21

What is a dinosaur doing in the stairwell.
I went out to smoke, why is it not clear?)

Еpiscop_moo 25.11.21

What does a dinosaur do at the entrance
? It's called "concierge", she is "aunt-intercom". Some of these aunts may not be dinosaurs, but definitely from somewhere in that era.

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

Rivnyanyn, blow, then.

d
d00m3d 25.11.21

Obsessed
drugs are bad

a
annortheone 25.11.21

Episcop_moo
In this case, this factor increases the chance.
SpoilerXD

O
Obsessed 25.11.21

d00m3d, yeah, it's just awful.

L
Lightpet 25.11.21

yeah, just awful
That 's why they died out. Everything is natural.

W
Walamaz 25.11.21

I got to the forum of mathematicians?)

b
bd_sm [TDPG] 25.11.21

Walamaz
Yes. If there weren't so many mathematicians here, people would start to vigorously discuss the problem, build their moronic versions, argue. And mathematicians have long ago become damp, and they are lazy trolls. Well, there are still those who take it seriously, but they will grow up someday.

d
d00m3d 25.11.21

bd_sm [TDPG]
Staricheg, what do you consider yourself to be?)