3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_-Nomad-_ 10.09.19 07:39 am

Melancholy

What games you have caused melancholy, a feeling of desolation, a strange sadness, longing... Personally I have a feeling appeared during the first passage of Half-Life 2 and Portal 2.

18 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dr. Otto Wolfgang Ort-Mey 10.09.19

Silent hill 2
Saya no uta
Dear ester

B
BioGen 10.09.19

Singularity
You Are Empty
Chameleon

Z
Z01-Ange 10.09.19

Half-Life 2
Portal
Resident Evil 2 / 3 / 4 (the first passage)
You are empty

_
_-Nomad-_ 10.09.19

Dr. Otto Wolfgang Ort-Meyer
Oh, by the way, Dear Esther, how could I forget.

T
THE FATE OF ALL FOOLS 10.09.19

S. T. A. L. K. E. R.

S
Sater 10.09.19

Rustle, Sublustrum.

A
AVtechNICK from AAAAAAPPL 10.09.19

Games the Fallout series, some games of Resident Evil series, the Silent Hill games, Papers, Please.

M
Max Fry 10.09.19

Fahrenheit, LIMBO, Timeshift.

a
alt_engel 10.09.19

Silent hill 2 - memories of her still weighs on my mind. So much depression in one game...

Limbo Is a lonely little man in a huge forest... And rain... Very sad idea brings to the game.

Mafia 2 - the Story of Vito lost everything in my life... my Best friend. Sister.

Wasurenagusa no Yoru (Night of the forget-me-nots) - This Novella like a good book having a large number of possible plot twists and endings. Oppressive atmosphere conveyed in words. Background pictures and music, albeit simple looking, but very well emphasize what is happening. It's make me sad.

The Path - How could I forget? Broken childhood dreams, disfigured the life of a teenager, gloomy days more Mature person. All of these possible stages of life very subtly reflected in the trail. The worst is the hopelessness lies in the fact that you can not reach the goal not turning from the trail in a terrible, dark forest. The journey, which will lead to death. Yeah, yeah, just choosing the path of death to learn about life. And death will have to face the same character twice. In the forest where the death is shown by the metaphor and to grandmother's house, where death is real. And the soundtrack, you've heard the title track? Goosebumps from this music.

A
Anderby 10.09.19

Yume Nikki.

T
Traygen 10.09.19

Only with the passage of the Stalker was.

M
MunchkiN 616 10.09.19

Gothic 3
there are shorter blast of the anus was replaced by grief and devastation. especially musla in the credits
oblivion can be...
well, effect mass 3. because my Shepard died.

G
Grandshot 10.09.19

I don't know. Games that cause my melancholy I can't play.
It could be some old game, or base treshak.

But from games in which there is an atmosphere of neglect and desolation, on the contrary get a lot of pleasure. In the same Hlaf-Life and S. T. A. L. K. E. R - absolutely no sadness and longing. The heroes feel a sense of hopelessness towards their goal. But already we know exactly what our heroes will be able to overcome them (for example the Burner to see =>).
And this is a completely different feeling - the feeling of a discoverer.

R
RikoChiko 10.09.19

Anderby
So depressing know the game, anyone into despair enters.

A
Anderby 10.09.19

>So depressed know the game of anyone into despair enters.

The juicy in-game gameplay. Go-Brody under mournful music, poke it all with a knife, wait for the screamer, go through a possible justification for what is happening delirium. Melancholy, nothing good-the girl did not survive.

V
VIK25 10.09.19

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 causes terrible anguish. Well, really nothing is original.

M
Maxlaq 10.09.19

How was the first Half of the second, some moments were depressing, and Dear Esther is also from this category.

W
William Bigkartoshkafri N 10.09.19

I don't know. Except Fallout 2. Well, in the first Mafia there are times when I'm sad.