3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
U-rock 01.12.21 11:59 pm

How to remove black bars? (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

damn, because of them, the text is too small and nifiga is impossible to read as much as my eyes are already hurting
104 Comments
Sort by:
I
Iotar 01.12.21

The stripes are not annoying at all, so it's even better because of the larger viewing angle. The only thing was that the fonts had to be changed, otherwise you can break your eyes.
It is not clear what prevented them from making support for other monitors, it shouldn't be very difficult. Although this is unlikely for advertising 16: 9. It could be done so that during the game the image was full screen, and during the cut-scene it was compressed, and nothing would be cropped, in many games, by the way, they do this. In the first Witcher, for example.

K
Kirk Rysin 01.12.21

Iotar
+1 this cannot be an advertisement .. as there are many people who use huge plasmas and on which the ratio is 4: 3 or 16:10

m
mike88 01.12.21

4: 3 with be in one of upcoming patches, but rather later than sooner :( I mean June. Sorry!

Michal
CDP RED
Rather not tommorow. But certainly this week!
Michal
CDP RED
http://www.en.thewitcher.com / community / entry / 26 /
we will play with stripes until June.

F
Filis 01.12.21

Shurych
What kind of cuts are you talking about? Specifically in games, this concept simply does not exist. It's just that at 16 10-16 9, the viewing angle is wider, that is, it is more visible to the left and right compared to 4 3. Although playing widescreens is certainly more convenient :)

y
your opposite 01.12.21

he (mumbled) that he was fucking in general?

_
_Cartman_ 01.12.21

Maybe someone will like this fix:
http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

In order for the utility to work, the witcher must be launched not through the launcher, but through witcher2.exe. The bands are removed, but the performance drops :(

m
mike88 01.12.21

_Cartman_
does not rob this fix ((

_
_Cartman_ 01.12.21

It worked for me (in the utility window, all checkboxes are enabled, witcher2 is selected from the list). The version of the game is a license, with binaries from GoG + DLC. Even if it does work, the result is unlikely to suit you, because it is somewhere minus 7 FPS + blur is buggy.

m
mike88 01.12.21

_Cartman_
and where did you throw the files? And what patches do you have?

_
_Cartman_ 01.12.21

I didn't throw it anywhere, I just unzipped it, there are exe and dll, I started the utility. 2 things are important:
1. the game from GoG must be
2. run not through the launcher (when you start the utility, naturally do not close the utility)

m
mike88 01.12.21

I did everything, but does not rob.
only the fps fell, and the stripes were in place.

m
manul222 01.12.21

monitor 16:10, the usual resolution is 1680 by 1050, I bet 1600 by 1200 for the game, I bet 1360x768 in the game, no stripes

B
Bloodtim005 01.12.21

I have everything ok without stripes, the 4: 3 monitor used to have stripes when I climbed in the Nviwidia control panel, everything became ok!

m
mike88 01.12.21

Bloodtim005 Can I get
more details about the panel?

G
GoHoo 01.12.21

Bloodtim005
how to make such a screen format in mnu.?

v
vitos1983 01.12.21

I also had such a problem. may seem ridiculous, but for those who do not have text, just rename the game folder to The witcher 2

m
mike88 01.12.21

vitos1983
what does the text have to do with it? We are discussing black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

G
GamesKnight 01.12.21

I read on the Polish forum (translated in Google) that this problem should be solved with a patch at the end of June

m
mike88 01.12.21

4: 3 with be in one of upcoming patches, but rather later than sooner :( I mean June. Sorry!
Michal
CDP RED
Rather not tommorow. But certainly this week!
Michal
CDP RED
www.en.thewitcher.com/community/entry / 26 /

m
mike88 01.12.21

Bloodtim005 hike p_zdabol, fiddled and dumped.