3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
U-rock 01.12.21 11:59 pm

How to remove black bars? (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

damn, because of them, the text is too small and nifiga is impossible to read as much as my eyes are already hurting
104 Comments
Sort by:
G
GamesKnight 01.12.21

It is unlikely that the patch due out this week will fix the problem with the black bars.

m
mike88 01.12.21

Bats123765
so it says that the patch in June

4: 3 with be in one of upcoming patches, but rather later than sooner :( I mean June. Sorry!

G
GamesKnight 01.12.21

In general, we are waiting for June, I hope by that time they will correct errors and shortcomings both in the Polish version and in the version from 1C, and now play, only spoil the experience

Z
Zomb1k 01.12.21

Come on, I'm personally used to it, Assassin's Creed was all with black stripes and nothing, they played the same.

m
mike88 01.12.21

Zomb1k
Yes, I hadn't complained before, I also got used to it, but in this game this effect for some reason hurts my eyes terribly.

C
CoD PyLuT 01.12.21

I'm not getting used to it, if these fucking stripes do not take away then I download the repack

J
Jackson [x] 01.12.21

The 1360x768 resolution removes the black bars.
And there is no other way, if only you stretch it manually.

S
SkalderSan 01.12.21

I'm an evil robber of barmaley.

You jump ... so what?

Most black bars are due to the lack of support for monitor formats with an aspect ratio of 5: 4, 4: 3 and 16:10. This support was not implemented by the Projects themselves. Why this happened is not clear, but the fact that it was their mistake - they confirmed and apologized on the official website.

Support for all formats will be implemented in patch 1.2 (patch 1.1 is coming out the other day - it won't be there, they wrote about it).

As for editing the ini file: no matter how you twist the resolution, you will not be able to achieve a full-screen image without distortion. Yes, it can be done, but then the picture will be elongated, distorted. For a correct image, without distortion, support for formats must be implemented and no editing of any files just does not fix it.

In repacks (pirates) - the same thing: there are either black stripes, or a forcibly stretched picture. If this suits you, you can do it in your own litsuha by changing just one line in the ini file of user settings.

ZY I thought at the beginning and wait for it to be fixed .. and then I scored .. I play at 16:10, with small streaks. Eena also scored, despite the fact that she has 4: 3 and much more stripes. As it turned out, the game drew us in so much that we have already forgotten about them, they never bother us.

ZYY I suspect that an indirect reason for this situation is the game's support for a super-widescreen image, which is displayed on 5 monitors thanks to AMD cards and Infiniti technology. Perhaps they did not manage to introduce other formats because of the difficult implementation, because of this technology ... or something like that ... at least, in my opinion, this is the only more or less suitable explanation ...

_
_Cartman_ 01.12.21

By the way, the methods proposed above are better than any stupid nedofixes. I have a resolution of 1400x1050 and stripes. The maximum resolution is 16: 9, which will fit into my monitor eot 1400x788. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, create a custom desktop resolution of 1400x788. Change the settings in the C: Users \ Documents Witcher 2 config User.ini file:
[Viewport]
Height = 788
Width = 1400

The image stretches a little vertically, but in my opinion it is not very noticeable and much better than stripes. Yes, and everything is in order with the FPS.

J
Jagua_R 01.12.21

when the xp system was on, the black stripes were removed. erased the Viewport line in the user. And everything was fine, the image was normal on the whole screen, I put 7k and how I can not solve this problem. help resolution 1280x1024 (maximum)

J
Jagua_R 01.12.21

maybe the problem is due to patch 1003 then it was 1002

M
MgVolkolak 01.12.21

Jagua_R Forget it
. This problem has not yet been solved, the maximum that can be done is to stretch the image, and at 1280x1024 it will look ugly. Therefore, we are waiting for patch 1.2, I think it will be in a month. In the meantime, you can play like that, the only thing that annoys is that it is impossible to see in detail some objects, for example monsters, the same foulbrood at first did not distinguish from the naker.

J
Jagua_R 01.12.21

duck on xp erased these lines and all the rules looked. except that at first it seemed a little that the witcher was too tall, but it is hardly noticeably better to play this way than with such stripes and read small text. reluctant to change wasps because of the witcher

K
Konrad Marburg 01.12.21

--- reluctant to change wasps because of the witcher --- Well, new games, I must admit, look awesome on widescreen. Here are just the old disgusting. I bought myself a 24. The
Witcher looks awesome. Launched Star Wars from Bio Vars - the image turned out stretched to the sides and compressed from above.

d
dart vaider 01.12.21

I know how to remove stripes !!!!
C: Users \ Documents Witcher 2 config User.ini change the settings:
here is the path and erase this line!

[Viewport]
Height = ...
Width = ...

that's all, though the witcher is a little long, but yes by) (!
If it helped you say: Ave Maria!

J
Jagua_R 01.12.21

Ave Maria: D I know this and it worked for me only on xp :(

r
riosi 01.12.21

In the NVIDIA Control Panel, create a custom desktop resolution of 1400x788. In the file C: Users \ Documents Witcher 2 config User.ini we change the settings and there are no black bars thanks _Cartman_!

M
Marsel14 01.12.21

Well, what about the patch ... Will the thread be done or not? Already v1.0.0.3 was released .. but for 4: 3 they did nothing ... Damn, as much as possible ..

K
Kuroi_no_Kenshin 01.12.21

Marsel14
1.2 patch has already been released and you are talking about 1.0.0.3. But in essence, I think in patch 1.3 they will fix it.

M
Marsel14 01.12.21

Den9033
I'm certainly far from programming, but somehow I doubt that for three years the Poles have never remembered about "squares" .. most likely they just scored on them (or maybe it was technically difficult to optimize for other resolutions as well - 4: 3, 16:10), thinking that the people will get angry and shut up. Therefore, it is not clear how now, for example, owners of 1280x1024 will suddenly play with a full, not stretched screen.
In fact, the stripes are formally optimization for non-widths. so I think that they will not do anything. Either buy a shirik, or admire it with stripes, or stretched over the ears.
Although, of course, complete idiocy, they would have only sharpened them under the seven .. If you follow the logic of the Poles, then WinXP is the same yesterday as squares ..