3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex.777 04.12.21 10:38 pm

Start the computer, with 2-5 times as lucky then stable work

Hello! The computer is a little over a month old.
Starting problems. When you press the power button, it happens that it turns on immediately, and it happens that it reboots itself up to 2-4 times.
In this case, the button does not turn off until it reboots to normal. inclusion, up to the picture with the loading of windows It
happens like this.

1. Coolers start, turn off.

2 restart - the cooler starts, the BIOS starts up, the inscription "Gygabyte UEFI-dual bios" pops up from above, and the inscription differs from the one when it starts normally. When starting from the first time, another inscription appears in the frame and in the middle of the screen. You can enter the BIOS menu, etc., but not with this.
So, this inscription appeared at the top and the system was cut out.

3 Restart, squeak, a "normal" inscription appears and Windows is loading.

Windows started loading 4 times, cut down and turned on only 5 times. But this has happened 2 times so far ...

As a rule, this happens in the morning, after the computer was idle at night. If the computer turns on during the day, it usually turns on normally.

This problem did not bother me for almost 2 weeks. I noticed that if you turn it on, wait twenty seconds, then it turned on the first time, now again, wait, don't wait 3 times to start ... I

dug into the BIOS, a bunch of tricky settings for the power supply test, mb is what kind of testing.

After it starts it works stably.

Please help with advice!

Computer configuration:

MB-Gygabyte GA-H97M-HD3

Hard - western digital 10PURX

Vidyaha - 740 nvidia ddr5

RAM - DDR3 kingston 8GB 1 power strip

- FSP 600W ATX-600PNR

Percent i3-4150 3.5 GHz OEM version Socket 1150

Win 7 maximum 64 bits
46 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alex.777 04.12.21

Tier69 Changed Ram
. Stands in the first slot. As it says on the board.
I did not quite understand about hard. The computer does not start before Windows, in the BIOS. When the bios is normal. is loaded, then the Windows are loaded without problems.

T
Tier69 04.12.21

If the BIOS does not load, this is due to the fact that Gigabytes use two bios systems, the computer sometimes cannot select one at the start, pull out the battery for 10 minutes, during this time put a snooze in the 3rd slot, if from the socket then in the second one, and start try ...

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

Tier69
Yep, dual bios.
I also have micro atx, there are only 2 slots.
I 'll try.

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

I took out the battery. Immediately after installing and running, it rebooted once, then issued the BIOS message "BIOS parameters are set to their original state" and 3 points "1. Load optimized default parameters when the system boots
2. Load optimized default parameters when the system reboots
3 . Enter BIOS "
I chose 3, nothing new, like all the same settings, only time is out of order.

s
safot 04.12.21

Alex.777
It looks like one of the BIOS chips is not working. At the first turn-on, it reads from the first microcircuit (the coolers start), it cannot read, it is cut down, it boots a second time from the second, a boot tone is heard, initialization has passed, the mother's boot picture (emergency) changes, the third time the cmos is overwritten, if from the first mikruhi, then restart, if from the second work. Take it better to where you took it or to the service.

B
Brannan 04.12.21

Alex.777
Most likely you have a problem in the power supply unit (PSU). In all respects, it should be dashing enough for your system, but do not look at its parameters and novelty. Most likely it is faulty.

When turned on, the first consumers are the fans and the processor. The processor on a cold start consumes a large amount of energy, then the video card turns on and displays an image. The image is "blurry" due to an incorrect video signal. Wrong signal can be just the same because of the "lack" of voltage or current. Also, at the first start-up, the capacitors are charged (the current level rises instantly, but the voltage is delayed) and inductance runs on the coils (the voltage is set instantly, the current is delayed). Due to the fact that the power supply unit cannot provide the required power at the start, a restart occurs (and there are a lot of consumers).

Frequent shutdown may be just the same because of the large ripple in the power supply - overvoltage / undervoltage is constant. Especially with a cold start. This is caused by the failure of the capacitors.
Check the appearance of the capacitors on the motherboard and on the video card for darkening, swelling, smudges (if electrolytic). It is also worth looking at the capacitors in the power supply itself (you need to disassemble - the end of the warranty). If you can't see anything visually, you can check the temperature with your finger - the faulty one will be very hot. DO NOT TOUCH THE CAPACITORS IN THE PSU WITH A FINGER, THERE IS 220V, APPEARANCE ONLY.
A defective cold condenser loses its properties; when heated, the properties are partially returned.

It is unlikely, but it is possible that the PWM in the power supply unit or on the motherboard has failed, which produces incorrect pulses, which, as a result, after "rectification" become an underestimated constant signal (voltage). with PWM it is more and more difficult - this is a microcircuit and its malfunction is even more difficult to find, especially since it is not known which of the heap of microcircuits is PWM.

There is too little probability - a BIOS glitch or a virus that spoils the BIOS. But in this case, problems with shutdown would be constant.

If a few minutes after turning on the network, the computer turns on normally - another confirmation that the problem is in the power supply. This confirmation also suggests that the problem is in the power supply unit (the capacitor in the power supply unit).

On a cold start, if you are sure that it will start to junk when turned on, turn off the additional fans and the hard drive - this will lead to less power consumption. If the inscriptions are displayed correctly, this is another proof of a malfunction of the power supply unit, and not of the batteries on the motherboard / video card.

safot
Quite logical. But then it is not logical to use Dual BIOS technology. It turns out that every time it will be such nonsense. If it is possible to choose a microcircuit from which the BIOS will be loaded, then it is worth trying.

s
safot 04.12.21

Brannan
nizya choose mikruhi, in the second according to the first protocol, check and overwrite the dump of the first mikruhi (dual BIOS technology). By the way, it is very convenient when soldering the first one, you solder the clean one, it is recorded at startup).
Anything can be about the power supply, but now (almost all) they are equipped with an active PFC, which also serves as a starting load (by the way, you should also pay attention to this scarf if you decide to pick the power supply).

B
Brannan 04.12.21

safot
nizya select mikruhi, the second according to the first protocol check and overwrite the dump of the first mikruhi (dual BIOS technology). By the way, it is very convenient when soldering the first one, you solder the clean one, it is recorded at startup).
It turns out that this technology is not for home use. It was invented so that it would be convenient to re-solder and reflash - but only a very small percentage will be able to do this. There must be something else - some other convenience.

There can be anything about the power supply, but now (almost all of them) are equipped with active PFC.
Even so, even if there is enough power at startup, instability, moreover, an underestimated signal will not fix it. The defective capacitor has warmed up and the signal has leveled out - the ripple has disappeared, for example.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.12.21

with gigabit, this seems to be a normal thing if the board cannot correctly detect the hardware. usually when overclocked.
when the memory was overclocked, they all started like this from the second time.
if the computer refuses to start up, you need to either start it up without memory, or it is better to insert memory with another frequency. after that the computer works fine.

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

Brannan
Regarding the normal switching on in 15-20 seconds, as I turn it on, I was wrong. Along the way, it does not depend on this, only the filter to the network, immediately to the button, the picture is the same, as it turned out. When it turns on immediately, when not.
Eh, I'll deal with the store again ... (The
power supply unit is under warranty, so I'll have to give it there, than poke around myself.
And if the problem is in the MAT board> << br /> Just PPC. (

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

MunchkiN 616
I saw a lot of mentions of similar gigabits, alas, after the purchase ... (

My max frequency is 1600, the same memory was selected. I did not overclock anything, except that the GPU-Tweak program was going to vidyahya. But the video card is already factory overclocked so I didn't touch anything there.

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

I don't know if this refers to the main problem with turning on or not, but there is also such a strange glitch: sometimes, when Windows boots, when a greeting appears, the monitor usually blinks, and so it happens that this blinking (black screen) does not last 1 sec, as usual, and about 9. After such a load, everything starts to slow down fiercely. Windows, the mouse cursor moves in jerks ... As far as I understand, the firewood is not loaded correctly on the video?

M
MunchkiN 616 04.12.21

Alex.777
look at the manufacturer's website about your board and memory for it,
so once I mistakenly bought a slower non-overclocking memory that could not work at normal frequencies and usually treated it.
if, nevertheless, you can get to the BIOS, you can try to set all the characteristics manually as during overclocking. in this case, there will be either one reboot at startup or not.

the problem of lags and trmoses is that there is 1 memory card. for all i3-5 you need a minimum of 2 for normal operation.
... you wouldn't be chasing a pop, for cheapness ...

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

MunchkiN 616
Memory manufacturers know how to throw "surprises". For example, I changed the memory from one 4GB line to one 8 each, in order to take 16 in the future ... What I was thinking, I don’t know what for I don’t know ...)
So, I go to the motherboard site and the memory is supported. Only the memory manufacturer is Kingston, and no one knows which chips on it ...
Although in this case I am not sure that the problem is with memory, because the memory and memory have changed and the problem persists. Only the above-described brakes appeared when loading.

Get to the BIOS? Do you mean still try to switch to a specific chip on boot?
And what to exhibit there?

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

By the way, all these reboots, in theory, there should be an error popping up if something is wrong. And here it does not show anything like that, only a "different" bios inscription.

B
Brannan 04.12.21

Alex.777
The problem is not in RAM.
Slower? If DDR3 is at least 1333 MHz, If the mother supports 1600 MHz or 1833 MHz, then there will be no problems. In any case, there will be no problems. Even if you take RAM faster than the controller on the motherboard, there should be no problems either - the memory will work at the frequency of the controller.

When Windows boots, when a greeting appears, my monitor usually blinks, and so it happens that this blinking (black screen) lasts not 1 second, as usual, but about 9. After such a download, everything starts to slow down fiercely.
There are two reasons: a large number of Bad Blocks on the hard drive or there is a poor power supply to the hard drive, which can cause unstable operation or a large number of Bad Blocks.

Change the power supply unit (take an old one, maybe your friends have it ... for a while). You can stick in a weak, old one, at least 300 watts, to check - this will be enough for normal computer operation. It may not be enough for games.

Take my advice above (big message) and try to troubleshoot.

It's not worth climbing into BIOS - a very small probability. If the problem was in him, it would always fail. The program cannot have self-eliminating defects, but electronics / mechanics can behave this way.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.12.21

BIOS 2 does not contain the default version. it contains the last successful start. but I usually couldn't use it.
I don’t know about braking. if I leave one memory, then under load, the computer will most likely slow down, there are many processes going on there, depending on the workload of the computer with rubbish. in particular antivirus software.
Specifically in the BIOS, you need to look if he sees all 8192MB (or how much is there), because recently I ran into the problem that the computer does not see the memory completely because of this, everything worked badly and this was an error of the CPU controller. but I have amd kakbe. although I was thinking there and on the power supply in the first place and on a memory malfunction.
in the BIOS itself, you need to set the actual declared characteristics for the memory. namely frequency and voltage. timings can be left untouched for a start. but this is not a repair and the problem may worsen.
regarding some kind of blinking of the monitor at startup - this value does not need to be threaded.
if the problem with reboots is not solved, perhaps you should contact the service center and there under warranty to resolve this issue.

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

Brannan
I 'll try to get a block. There are as many as 2 workers lying around at home, but old ones ... (Not under sat.

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

MunchkiN 616
Bios sees memory, did not calculate timings, but everything seems to be as stated for this model.

A
Alex.777 04.12.21

I do not know what was dropped there, but now the post-processes of the BIOS itself takes 30 seconds longer. (((((

I found such an item and turned off its "power supply load" if something is faulty, everything points to the power supply unit.