3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 05.12.21 12:13 am

The Witcher 3 is a point in the evolution of games. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

I apologize, I know that the topic is already rather clumsy, but I just can't help but write it here, and at the same time find out who thinks what about this. The point is this, the name of the topic is not my opinion, this is the opinion of two educated, adults from my work, they unanimously claim that The Witcher 3 turned out to be so masterpiece, so out of reach that with its release it completely crossed out all the games that came before it for all the time the gaming industry existed, and doomed to death and oblivion all the games that will come out after it, because it is impossible to create this twice, and it is impossible to surpass. Both say that from now on they do not expect any games, because they will all hang out somewhere "downstairs" and it makes no sense to play them. That The Witcher 3 is the end point in the evolution of games, the limit of development, there is nothing further.
Of course, I fell in love with this game very much, I think that The Witcher is really a masterpiece, one of the best games that I have played, and certainly one of the best games in the last few years, but what would be so much to be killed, with such fanaticism, and besides this game Not to admit anything and not to wait, I think that this is at least stupid.
I myself am the Witcher 3 weeks ago, two weeks ago, I am now calmly playing "Arma 3" and all in anticipation of "Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain", I am already shaking how I want to play it, I count the days until the release.
44 Comments
Sort by:
K
Krrrva 05.12.21

Playing The Witcher is one thing, but reading all the books and then playing another, after reading a completely different look at the game. I rarely get offended by games, the first game I was a fan of was Skyrim, I thought a game of this level would hardly ever come out again, but after a couple of months I played the first 2 witcher, read all the books and Skyrim moved automatically to 2nd place. the story in The Witcher is just a masterpiece and the Poles made a worthy continuation of the story after the books. Part 3 is the best I've ever played, The plot, missions, atmosphere, beautiful landscapes, and what struck me was the graphics of this level in such a huge open world. for me the Witcher is not just a game, it is a work of art. maybe when it won't be an RPG game that will surpass The Witcher 3 in all respects, but with the plot and characters never!

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.12.21

Wild Rider
I am only playing at maximum difficulty. It has become more interesting, health is not restored, while saving food =) I don’t even know how I’ll survive in boss battles,
I’ll give you a tip: Swallow after every meditation. I saved so much food and water. True, I play on the penultimate difficulty, but health is also not restored.

In Skyrim such a feeling did not arise, tk. you could chat with almost all NPCs, and all of them, by the way, were named.
In Skyrim, the dialogues are clumsy. In the dialogues of The Witcher 3, humor is present, and emotions are on the faces.

From this we conclude that already on this point the game cannot be perfect.However
, people devoted 100 hours of free time per month to it.

Again, let's remember what kind of pumping in the TEC and what we could do there, unlike the Witcher.
Thanks to blacksmithing in Skyrim, blacksmiths are mostly hucksters. Without mods, things cannot be disassembled.

Podvipodvertov The
Witcher 3 is a point in the evolution of games.
They will compare them with the possibilities in subsequent RPGs. Follich4 itself is still waiting.

W
Wild rider 05.12.21

[Denis Alexandrovich]
"I'll give you a tip: Swallow after every meditation."
In the same place, Krasnoludsky alcohol is also needed to replenish this swallow, which is not endless. However, while I manage, the game began to resemble a "save-load" less after in the most difficult situations (for example, in the battle with the goblin) I finally began to use decoctions.

"In Skyrim, the dialogue is clumsy."
In general, this is a complex perception from some of the technical flaws of the game. Do not forget that the game is not that new: the voice acting of the main character was decided to be done only for the 4th fall. Plus the facial animation was not that perfect at the time.

"In the dialogues of The Witcher 3, humor is present, and on the faces of emotion."
Exactly. In the Witcher, first you watch a movie, and then, after exiting the dialogue, you see dolls. A contrast is created that is not to my liking. When you talk to NPCs in Skyrim, even if the dialogue from the outside is not so beautifully executed (cinematography is at zero), but at this moment the world lives its own life.

“However, people gave her 100 hours a month of free time. And this is a boom.”
She is good, I admit it, but not perfect. Boom boom, but you can look at the fruits of different studios: after 4 years in Skyrim, ~ 33k people are playing at the same time, while the third witcher is about 6-8k.

"Thanks to blacksmithing in Skyrim, blacksmiths are mostly hucksters. You can't make things apart without mods."
It would be too easy. In any case, this is an insignificant disadvantage. I'm generally talking about the variety of leveling. You cannot become an illusionist magician in heavy armor in a witcher.

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.12.21

Wild Rider
Skyrim 4 years later, ~ 33k people play simultaneously in the incentive, while in the Witcher of the third about 6-8k.
In the first 6 weeks, 6 million copies were sold. And you can play it without an Internet connection. That’s not an indicator

. You will not become an illusionist mage in heavy armor in the Witcher.
It tastes and colors. I play The Witcher, not Harry Potter.) Somehow fights with swords were always more attractive. Of the signs, Igni and Quen are often used

W
Wild rider 05.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
"In the first 6 weeks, 6 million copies were sold. And you can play it without an Internet connection. Stim is not an indicator"
Well, what is the indicator? Sales? So in the first week we bought 7 million copies of Skye. What's next? The witcher has yet to grow to such popularity. Sky will still be played for a very long time thanks to custom modifications, the number of which is quite comparable to the mods for GTA SA.

"It tastes and color."
Do you think the artist will like a pack of 6 markers or 48 pens better?

z
zoomukc 05.12.21

Game of the year, definitely. The best RPG at the moment, until something more masterpiece appears, which is still unlikely, MB The Witcher 4.

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.12.21

Wild Rider
Well, what is the indicator? Sales? So in the first week we bought 7 million copies of Skye. What's next? The witcher has yet to grow to such popularity.
Gogu did not take into account. The Witcher 3 is not available for pitch-ferrous metals. In Sky on 2-core (even on laptops) you can play, In The Witcher 3 - no.

Do you think the artist will like a pack of 6 markers or 48 pens better?
And if I don’t want to make a wizard out of Geralt? That’s both the taste and the color

PS: how many of these users have access to The Witcher 3:
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

M
Morag_Tong 05.12.21

The game is very good, but there is nothing revolutionary or even anything new in it. It is also not devoid of problems (lvling quests and mobs, which first makes you wander from end to end of the map, and then slows down the development of the character almost to a complete stop, as one of the examples), so, in principle, there is no point lead is not worth it. We dragged in ideas that we considered successful (hello to Gothic and Skyrim), strewn the map with various "events" ("counter-band", "lairs", bandit camps, etc.), which are already boring to clean up in the second half of the game, that's all. Fortunately, the picture (although I was more pleased with the facial animation) and the plot do not let go.

W
Wild rider 05.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
I take into account where you can visually compare these 2 games. There is no goge.

"The Witcher 3 is not available for pitch-ferrous metals. In Sky you can play on 2-cores (even on laptops). In The Witcher 3, no."
I do not argue. But here's a simple logic: in general, the TEC series is more popular than Whitcher. TEC is bought because they know what you can get from the game, and in the case of the Witcher, role-playing around the world is just catching up to find out what it is. The second part, of course, was promoted, but not as much as the third.

“And if I don’t want to make a wizard out of Geralt? That’s the taste and color of a
pure magician, I also don’t digest, my favorite class is a pure thief, alas, the witcher cannot offer me this either.
However, even one power style is better represented in skye: you can use one-handed weapons with a shield, two-handed, and even two one-handed weapons at the same time, plus bows ... And there is also a 1-person view for full immersion.

Morag_Tong
Yes. With leveling, they've got it tricky. I specially collected all the side quests from the notice boards in order to pass them in the order of the recommended level, so some quests still appear gray (for example, the quest to rescue Rico 9-level goes according to the plot after the quest 11-12), so you need to plan carefully accumulated experience.

M
Morag_Tong 05.12.21

This, incidentally, is one of the most annoying and frustrating aspects of the third part. It seems that parts 1-2 drew plot-narrative ideas from the Gothic, where, once in some area, it was necessary to understand the situation and quietly comprehensively resolve it, penetrating the atmosphere and events. But in the third, for some reason, they decided that it would be great to run all over the map, changing locations more often than equipment. The locations are quite good (especially Kaer Morhen and the Skellig Islands), and even half of them are not allowed to enjoy.

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.12.21

Wild Rider
I consider where you can visually compare these 2 games. There is no
self-deception in Gogo

But here there is a simple logic: in general, the TEC series is more popular than the Whitcher
Projects in three games did not get sickly.The

pure magician I also do not digest, my favorite class is a pure thief, alas, the witcher cannot offer me this either ...
But why this skill? You walk and look what you need. I find impeccable stones over there among the poor peasants

However, even one power style is better represented in skye: you can use one-handed weapons with a shield, two-handed, and even two one-handed weapons at the same time, plus bows. ..
If the Witcher is made sky, then the Projects will face charges of plagiarism from gamers.

And there is also a 1-person view for full immersion
I in Skye only fired a bow from the first person.

W
Wild rider 05.12.21

[Denis Aleksandrovich]
"Self-deception"
In what place? I'm actually talking facts. Well, let's wait two years for the purpose of a more objective comparison: on the one hand, the hype for the game will subside, on the other hand, the audience will pick up the game, which today has a weak hardware. As a result, nothing will change significantly, although personally I predict an even more progressive decline in interest in the witcher than in Skyrim. Mainly due to the lack of a convenient modding platform.

"Projects on three games did not go up sickly" Got up
, I do not argue. Well done. But they went up quite well for their level. It is still a long way to the Gazebo, which can already be judged by the copies sold (not all the time, but at least 1 week after the release).

"And why this skill? You walk and look what you need. I find perfect stones over there among the poor peasants."
So this is just bad. The game almost does not punish for kleptomania. The world itself in the Witcher is built in such a way that stealing is a perfectly acceptable action on the part of the player for the purpose of profit, while the process itself does not cause any interest, unlike games where theft is generally a separate specialization for the player.

"If the Witcher is made skye, then the Projects will face charges of plagiarism from gamers"
Rather, the accusations will come from the fans of the Witcher, who did not like the presence of a crossbow in the game. Still, the game, which is based on the book, has its drawbacks. Roleplay suffers greatly.

"I only fired a bow in Skye from the 1st person. I was not so breathtaking in Skye, as in The Witcher 3. Sky is boring, and these dragons are tired of worse than hernia"
Did you not like the clumsy animation from 3rd person? It happens. And I'm still waiting for the witcher to be better fixed, otherwise Geralt and the humanoid monsters constantly jump up before death like rag dolls.
Tired of weak dragons - set the difficulty or mods higher, increasing the difficulty of battles with them. On the extreme, you can put a global rebalance of the Requiem type.

o
onuyM_1 05.12.21

And I still enjoy the game. The Poles are great !!!

A
AiSPQR 05.12.21

Except for laughter, fasting causes nothing. Everything was already there. Pull off your ... y from the chair, and take a walk to the nearest library. Desirable for children and youth. Go to the hall of periodicals and order some kind of magazine, such as "country of games", "gamexe" and other things like that. Don't just order, but ask for a filing for 2000, or earlier, in general, the sooner the better. And now, having opened the magazine, you will find an announcement of some "new" game of that time, and there will be word for word about how it puts an end to the game industry, how it is new and advanced, and that it cannot be surpassed. Time has shown something completely different. Read the articles from the time of the release of GTA3. And do not carry such nonsense. Time is not worth it, and in 5 years, or maybe even earlier, only fans will remember about the same witcher

i
inartr86 05.12.21

AiSPQR Um
.. 11/10/2015 forget about the witcher ..

A
AiSPQR 05.12.21

inartr86 is
unlikely. They also released an editor like that, so soon amateur additions will go. And the developers have a new project only in 2017. + all kinds of additions and dls. so there will definitely be enough for 3 years

D
Denis Kyokushin 05.12.21

Wild Rider
Anyway, everyone will remain with their own. I have the Witcher first, then Fallitch 4

I
I am Batman 05.12.21

Podvipodvertov
Of course I loved this game very much, I think that The Witcher is really a masterpiece, one of the best games I've played, and certainly one of the best games in the last few years. Same point of view. One of the best games in history, but not the point.

Z
Zomulgustav 05.12.21

hmm .... I think Planescape: Torment is a cut above The Witcher 3, but that's my personal opinion.
and this is me without nostalgia, the first time I played torment a year and a half ago.

I
Imperator1 05.12.21

It cannot be a point, only if tomorrow the end of the world does not come. For me, this is the best creation of the gaming industry ... until the new witcher). And on the case, not a single game caused so much negativity in me ... but not one such storm of emotions. Masterpiece? No. Ideal? Clear stump no. The game itself? No, this is an exciting journey, comparable to reading the books themselves, but not a game. How can something like this be called a game?)